What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sammy Watkins Traded to Rams (1 Viewer)

Twitter people forgetting Sammy is a free agent next year.  Have to give him a new contract or franchise tag him.  Buffalo seemed to never be interested in that because of the injuries.  

My takes.....

A. Moves Gurley up a spot or two in re-draft, he should hold steady in Dynasty 

B. Watkins, is now a TARGET for dynasty trade. Does he take a hit this year, probably, but I think if you can get him at a big discount you pull the trigger. 

C. Woods and Watkins start (woods is a key for the run game). Austin moves to the Slot (I agree he is over-paid and over-rated but they need to keep him in the mix given the size and length of his contract. 

D. offense as a whole, should move up just based on the talent alone. 

Possible Z. Jones might be a guy...

But the Bills are running team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scratch Sammy Watkins off all my draft boards..............

Sad, I was high on him this year.

Wait, this is actually good news. He will likely just get hurt again, and this saves me from dealing with this headache of drafting and losing an early pick.

FINALLY GOOD NEWS!!!!!!   :towelwave:

TZM

I wonder what the "heated exchange" (per the radio call) Bolden and Watkins were having on the sidelines in the 2nd half was about?

I think short-term Watkins takes a hit due to getting on the same page as Goff. But as the season progresses, I think Goff offers more potential for Watkins than Taylor ever will. We know who Taylor is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Twitter people forgetting Sammy is a free agent next year.  Have to give him a new contract or franchise tag him.  Buffalo seemed to never be interested in that because of the injuries.  
Trading away your top WR and top CB is basically conceding the season. I don't think anyone saw that coming and I'm not sure it's a good idea. This is the last year of Matthews contract, same with Gaines. Bills traded away a year of Sammy and 2 years of Darby for 1 year of Matthews and 1 year of Gaines and a 2nd round pick.

I think short-term Watkins takes a hit due to getting on the same page as Goff. But as the season progresses, I think Goff offers more potential for Watkins.
Hard to say that when the last time we really saw a healthy Sammy and Tyrod together, Sammy was putting up Odell Beckham type numbers.

For those in 2QB leagues, consider trading away Tyrod. Bills don't want him long term and are throwing in the towel early. He should still bring decent value as a starter, but will need help to still be one next year. 

Hard to say that when the last time we really saw a healthy Sammy and Tyrod together, Sammy was putting up Odell Beckham type numbers.
True, but that was a very small sample size. Neither of them stayed healthy together for very long.

Really love this move by the Rams. Especially since they lost so many picks in the Goff deal. If(BIG IF) Goff is at least ok, the weapons on this team are very interesting. I mean;

RB-Gurley

WR-Watkins-Woods-Austin-Kupp-Reynolds

TE-Higbee-Everett

That is a very promising group of youngsters.

Users who are viewing this thread