What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

First round and Elliott fallout (1 Viewer)

ponchsox

Footballguy
Well this changes everything after pick 3 on draft boards. What's your first round look like and how much more do we value McCoy now?

McCoy way up, think he becomes even more involved in the passing game. 

How far does Zeke fall? 6 zeros is pretty hard to take, even if it means having RB #1 overall down the stretch. If you take him higher than the 3rd round, it means you really believe that you can draft around that. 

I bet Zeke gets the 6 lowered to 4 but still .... No Bueno

anyways ... I have the 4th pick so I get to decide ... Beckham or Jones if I go WR   /    McCoy or Gordon if I go RB

Honestly ..I have no ef'ing clue as I HATE what's in store for me at #21 pick.

anyways ... I have the 4th pick so I get to decide ... Beckham or Jones if I go WR   /    McCoy or Gordon if I go RB

Are you assuming DJ, LeVeon and Antonio Brown go in the first 3 picks?

I think Julio J would be your safest bet there at #4.  Maybe mix things up and take Gronk at #21 or Demarco Murray, or Gurley if he falls. Then swing around and take D Thomas, D Hopkins or T Pryor. 

McCoy way up, think he becomes even more involved in the passing game. 

How far does Zeke fall? 6 zeros is pretty hard to take, even if it means having RB #1 overall down the stretch. If you take him higher than the 3rd round, it means you really believe that you can draft around that. 
I agree I would not take him before the third round

Nobody is taking 6 zeroes. Unless you decide to not start a different RB. Jacquizz, West, DMC are all streaming options for example. Plus a ton of others. 
I don't mean this to be a slam at your league, so please don't take it as such.  What size is your league that all those guys would be available on the WW to stream?

Nobody is taking 6 zeroes. Unless you decide to not start a different RB. Jacquizz, West, DMC are all streaming options for example. Plus a ton of others. 
This, I will also add in Kelly, from Washington, and Stewart and Gore as a couple of guys that can fill that void. Plus I think his sentence might get reduce by a game or 2.

Who the hell would let him slide to the 3rd? That is really smart, let the 1st or 2nd pick have a Bell(Johnson)/Zeke/plus a top flight receiver combo because you can't draft in the late rounds to cover up a suspension.

I don't mean this to be a slam at your league, so please don't take it as such.  What size is your league that all those guys would be available on the WW to stream?
Draft those guys

Rodgers - 12 round or later

McFadden - was 12th or later, bump him 3 or 4 rounds?

Kelly - 10th or later

West - 8th or later

Gore - 8th or later

Stewart - 11th or later

No way I'd let him fall past the late 2nd range.  Teams draft busts in that area all the time and still withstand it.  Heck, last year Doug Martin, Brandon Marshall, Keenan Allen, Eddie Lacy, and Jamaal Charles were all drafted in that range.  I'm sure there were plenty of teams that took one of those guys and still did fine.  If people can withstand a 2nd round bust who's useless for 16 games then they can withstand missing their 2nd round pick for 6, especially when the return is that you get a top 5 player for the 2nd half of the year.

No way I'm passing up on having Zeke as my RB2 behind Le'Veon Bell or David Johnson.  If you can pull off even 2 or 3 wins in those first 6 games you'll be fine with that combo carrying you down the stretch, and odds are you'll be playing against several teams who essentially don't have their 2nd round pick either because they drafted this year's Doug Martin or Eddie Lacy.

why??? hes gonna catch 80 passes he should go 4th/5th/6th now depending on if people want OBJ or Julio over him....

Zeke should slide to round 3/4~ish based on previous appeals (bigBen) I'm guessing he gets 4 games....
Take the only receiving threat off the team and that's going to help McCoy? With a mediocre at best passing QB?   I just don't see it.  Defenses will just load the box all day long.  And you want a brittle Lesean McCoy over worked now ? That's not a recipe for disaster is it?  Lol.  Maybe his rec's go up.  I see everything else will go down.  IMO. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Take the only receiving threat off the team and that's going to help McCoy? With a mediocre at best passing QB?   I just don't see it.  Defenses will just load the box all day long.  And you want a brittle Lesean McCoy over worked now ? That's not a recipe for disaster is it?  Lol.  Maybe his rec's go up.  I see everything else will go down.  IMO. 
Watkins has been pretty absent in the lineup since McCoys arrival....shrug....and Tyrod has been his QB too....Not seeing the big difference...maybe they really like what they saw from Zay Jones? probably more like they were not going to franchise him and wanted to get something...but I don't see Watkins leaving as a death blow to McCoy at all.

Shady will benefit. He was already going to be the heavy centerpiece of the offense and now the NEED to toss more short dump offs just increased.  Anquan is on the team now. He will be a devastating blocker for run or screen. Shady's arrow has done nothing but skyrocket up lately and he already had a great floor. He also lost his best competition for vulture scores.  All good things.

Dez Bryant will benefit early. Dmac and Morris will do some things but this won't be the same philosophy without Elliott in there, especially at the goal line. Dez should have a strong opening half.

You can argue whether Zeke should be drafted in the second. I am sure both sides can present compelling cases. I lean towards not taking him that early. I think what this really does is puts a lot of pressure not he top two draft spots in drafts. They will be so tempted to take him if he comes back down the second. But what that means is it limits those two teams' options to build their starting lineup across the positions and gives those players to their opponents and IF (just if) a team ends up with Bell/Zeke or DJ/Zeke and that team can't dig itself out of the hole it digs, then that really opens up the playoffs in those leagues because that takes major, major difference makers off the board and out of the mix and so then you start looking at the teams that DO have the Shady/Ajayi/Hilton or OBJ/Gurley/NUk type of balanced lineups and it looks pretty good for those teams all of a sudden. 

While it's not the strongest group of pass catchers in the league, Matthews, Boldin, Zay Jones and Clay can help a QB pick apart a defense that stacks the box to stop the run. Taylor is also one of the best running QBs in the game which helps open things up for McCoy.

If I have a pick at the back end of round 2, I'll take Zeke and not think twice. RB is sneaky deep this year- not much true septaration after the top 2. 

Zeke is a top 3 overall player. Presume his suspension runs the full 6 games. If you can go 3-3 and get Zeke back, you have a huge advantage over the last several weeks. Also remember that Dallas faces some stout defenses early and that things get a little better the second half.

i would love to draw pick 1.2. Take DJ/Bell at #2 overall and grab Zeke coming back. There is enough depth at RB to survive this. 

I thought we were discussing redraft. So if I knew I needed another RB after having taken Zeke, I would take one of more of those guys on draft day. I never said anything about the WW. But my main redraft leagues start 9 and have 9 bench. Speaking of the WW, though, there are also RBs that become available there as well during the season, though league specific rules might make it harder to pick someone up in one league vs another.

I thought we were discussing redraft. So if I knew I needed another RB after having taken Zeke, I would take one of more of those guys on draft day. I never said anything about the WW. But my main redraft leagues start 9 and have 9 bench. Speaking of the WW, though, there are also RBs that become available there as well during the season, though league specific rules might make it harder to pick someone up in one league vs another.
OK, I get it now. When you said streaming, I took it as being able grab those guys off the WW as matchups dictated.  

Witj that being said, I would think you'd have to pick one, maybe 2 of those guys. You wouldn't want to have to devote that many bench spots to one spot, would you?

I have a complicated decision.  10-teamer where each team can keep up to 2 - you surrender the 1st 2 rounds if you keep 2.  No limit on years to keep.  My picks are 9 and 12.  So it sorta works out like a mid-2nd if I dump everyone.  Biting the bullet and keeping Zeke at that value - no way he falls to #29 imo.

In my redrafts I see him as a late 2nd/early 3rd.  In leagues with small playoff fields maybe tougher to do but if 6 out of 12 make it you should be able to weather the storm.

This reminds me of the year Emmitt Smith was holding out and dropped down draft boards.  A guy snagged him at #12 and started 0-4.  After that with Emmitt back he reeled off 13 straight wins.  

-QG

ponchsox said:
Well this changes everything after pick 3 on draft boards. What's your first round look like and how much more do we value McCoy now?
Only moves McCoy one spot. DJ, Bell, Brown, OBJ, Julio and then either Green or McCoy depending on how you value them followed by Jordy, Murray, Cooper, Thomas and Bryant.

Users who are viewing this thread