What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Watch - Chris Godwin WR Tampa Bay (1 Viewer)

Yep. And I hope this doesn’t linger as a reoccurring problem all season (for him obviously but for us as well given our fantasy interest on this board).

Thank god. Hopefully this doesn’t become a recurring problem as he’s fine the whole game this coming week, because injuries around the league are looking dire. 

Chris Godwin left Week 3 against the Broncos with a hamstring injury.

This was a non-contact injury, as Godwin looked to pull his hamstring and limped off the field. He was quickly ruled out. Godwin just returned from a concussion this week and had a 5/64/1 line before exiting . ProFootballDoc's David Chao believes Godwin may be dealing with a hamstring strain.

Sep 27, 2020, 6:53 PM ET

Bucs WR Chris Godwin is getting an MRI on the hamstring he injured in the Bucs' Week 3 win against the Broncos. 

Godwin pulled up during Sunday's game and limped to the sideline. Being ruled out quickly against Denver probably isn't a great sign for his Week 4 availability. Godwin's Week 4 status could come down to his Friday practice involvement. 

SOURCE: James Palmer on Twitter 

Sep 28, 2020, 12:28 PM ET

Tampa Bay Times' Rick Stroud reports Chris Godwin (hamstring) could miss "multiple" games.

Godwin is expected to miss Week 4 against the Chargers, but Tampa Bay's short turnaround against the Bears next Thursday makes it tough for the 24-year-old to prep for Week 5, too. Justin Watson, who was scratched against the Broncos with a shoulder injury, is expected to replace Godwin in the slot if available. Rookie Tyler Johnson is another candidate after he saw his first regular season action this past week. Whatever the case, fantasy players should prep as if Godwin won't be available against Los Angeles. The team's injury report will help decipher the rest.

Sep 29, 2020, 9:02 AM ET

Anyone looking to get rid of Godwin? Thinking about offering him straight-up for DK Metcalf. 

Sell low buy high.  The new strategy. 
My team is spiraling outta control right now. I have CMC, Godwin, and AJ Brown all injured with no clear outlook and I'm 1-2. Plus, I have Russell Wilson and would love to stack with Metcalf. 

I offered Brown + Dobbins for Metcalf (to the Ingram owner) but not feeling like that'll be accepted. 

My team is spiraling outta control right now. I have CMC, Godwin, and AJ Brown all injured with no clear outlook and I'm 1-2. Plus, I have Russell Wilson and would love to stack with Metcalf. 
I am there with you with spiraling out of control: Barkley, CMC, Godwin, Sutton, Goedart

NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports Chris Godwin (hamstring) could miss the next two weeks.

Godwin’s MRI confirmed a “mild” hamstring pull. He’s out Sunday and looks headed for a two game absence with the Bucs playing on a short week in Week 5. It’s been an injury-filled season for Godwin, who just returned from a concussion. Justin Watson will replace Godwin in the slot, with Scotty Miller picking up his two-wide snaps.

SOURCE: NFL Network

Sep 30, 2020, 9:30 AM ET

Chris Godwin (hamstring) remained sidelined on Thursday. 

As did Scotty Miller (hip, groin). We already knew Godwin was going to miss this week, but Miller's back-to-back absences are a major concern for an offense that would suddenly be looking thin on passing-game weapons behind Mike Evans. Godwin should be considered highly questionable to return in Week 5. 

Oct 1, 2020, 5:02 PM ET

Chris Godwin (hamstring) has yet to resume practicing. 

With little more than 48 hours to go until Thursday evening's showdown with the Bears, Godwin is in grave danger of missing his second straight game. Fantasy players should be making other plans for Week 5. We should know Godwin's final status by Wednesday's injury report, though it's possible the Bucs stretch him out to a game-time decision. Coach Bruce Arians gave no indication on Tuesday that would be the case. 

SOURCE: Jenna Laine on Twitter 

Oct 6, 2020, 1:37 PM ET

Chris Godwin (hamstring) practiced on a limited basis on Wednesday.

This is positive news, as Godwin has only played in two of five games this season, the last in Week 3. If Godwin continues to get in limited sessions before Sunday, he likely will be viewed as questionable to play against the Packers. All three of the Bucs' top pass catchers, Godwin, Mike Evans and Scotty Miller, are on the preliminary injury report.

Oct 14, 2020, 7:20 PM ET

Chris Godwin (hamstring) remained "limited" on Thursday. 

Beyond his practice status, we haven't heard a ton about Godwin's potential Week 6 availability. It is possible the Bucs are simply trying to get him ready for a Week 7 return, though his presence has been badly missed in the passing attack. Despite the injury concerns, Godwin would immediately vault back into the top 12-16 if he is cleared to suit up against the Packers. 

Oct 15, 2020, 6:39 PM ET

This guy and Quintorris Lopez

:X

You’re killin’ me, Smalls
Hammys are like old girl friends.  Sometimes they linger longer than you want...  Personally, I'd take an extra week if it lessened the chance of reinjury.

I've had old girl friends.  I've had hammy injuries... you feel good until you give it a little extra burst to grab that ball that Brady air mailed.

I'd prefer he just missed the week and came back like he did last year against the L.A. Rams.

That was a sight.

Anyway, keeping my eyes on the prize. Have this guy in dynasty and redraft. He was my linchpin on almost all my teams. Hope he gets better soon.

I'd prefer he just missed the week and came back like he did last year against the L.A. Rams.

That was a sight.

Anyway, keeping my eyes on the prize. Have this guy in dynasty and redraft. He was my linchpin on almost all my teams. Hope he gets better soon.
My redraft team is built around Michael Thomas, Julio Jones and Chris Godwin.

No idea how I won games with bums I'm rolling out.

BobbyLayne said:
My redraft team is built around Michael Thomas, Julio Jones and Chris Godwin.

No idea how I won games with bums I'm rolling out.
Dak, Thomas, Julio, Ekeler, Goedert, Fant, Lazard for me.

I'm somehow in 4th in a 10-teamer. Mike Davis, DK and Sanders are big helps.

Is Chris Godwin a buy low candidate? Where do the Sharks rank him for the ROS now. I see FBG's have him in the WR #3 rankings for the ROS. Like what, that low #32 overall WR. Yikes. Really?

So, reason being is either lingering hammy or they just got it all wrong and he comes back into WR #1 talk just like that?

I mean right now FBG's see Godwin < OBJ, Claypool and the Fullers of the world.

Hmm... I gotta believe the hammy heals and Godwin balls out. I have 0 shares btw... thinking of buying low and playing against Godwin as of now too. Maybe this week he sits or doesn't ball out, but soon...

This could be the last week to buy low.

Is Chris Godwin a buy low candidate? Where do the Sharks rank him for the ROS now. I see FBG's have him in the WR #3 rankings for the ROS. Like what, that low #32 overall WR. Yikes. Really?

So, reason being is either lingering hammy or they just got it all wrong and he comes back into WR #1 talk just like that?

Hmm... I gotta believe the hammy heals and Godwin balls out. I have 0 shares btw... thinking of buying low and playing against Godwin as of now too. Maybe this week he sits or doesn't ball out, but soon...

I guess that explains why people were trying to offer me Tannehill and Ruggs for him. I think we have to just hold at this point until he’s back. Once he is healthy and has a 7/120/1 game people will be like “oh yeah Godwin is great” and he will be seen in the Golladay, Diggs, Locket range again. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Godwin almost had an outlier season last year, so regression was coming. Especially when you consider Brady wasn’t going to pass for 5k. 

I wouldn’t say Godwin is a buy low as much as he was a sell high after last year- his value wasn’t going to be any higher. Doesn’t mean he’s worthless, just that his value was at its highest point last year. I think wr3 is too low but he likely will be a strong WR2 with some WR1 weeks

Godwin almost had an outlier season last year, so regression was coming. Especially when you consider Brady wasn’t going to pass for 5k. 

I wouldn’t say Godwin is a buy low as much as he was a sell high after last year- his value wasn’t going to be any higher. Doesn’t mean he’s worthless, just that his value was at its highest point last year. I think wr3 is too low but he likely will be a strong WR2 with some WR1 weeks
Yeah i am speaking more to redraft. His value did drop since he was more of a late 2nd/early 3rd as people recognized the regression. However, Brady has a history of loving slot WRs and Arians loves to air it out so its not at all a stretch to imagine Godwin being the #1 WR on the offense and having a WR1 season. It’s just more like mid to low WR1 as opposed to top 3 WR season. Brady is on pace for 4400 yards and 38 TDs in what should end up being a passing attack mostly funneled through 2 WRs. There’s plenty of room for a big rest of season from Godwin.

Godwin is listed as a game-time decision but Arians reportedly said he believes he'll be good to go. I'm firing him up this week even though have no one to cover for him if he's inactive. 

I guess that explains why people were trying to offer me Tannehill and Ruggs for him. I think we have to just hold at this point until he’s back. Once he is healthy and has a 7/120/1 game people will be like “oh yeah Godwin is great” and he will be seen in the Golladay, Diggs, Locket range again. 
Has he really fallen to the golladay, Diggs, locket range if healthy?  He was a teir behind the MT, dhop range going into the season.

I would buy low, with the understanding that hammies do linger.

Has he really fallen to the golladay, Diggs, locket range if healthy?  He was a teir behind the MT, dhop range going into the season.

I would buy low, with the understanding that hammies do linger.
First off, I’m talking redraft. Are you?  I want to make sure we’re on the same page.

First off, I’m talking redraft. Are you?  I want to make sure we’re on the same page.
I am not.  But I think if you're angling towards a playoff run and have depth what I said still stands - pre-season he was seen as around no5 wr, his two healthy games he played well, and hammies are tricky.  I think he's better than golladay and locket, and depending on your league rules him and Diggs are a toss up (Diggs deserves to be bumped up into a higher tier than those guys given how he's played so far imo).

I seriously was (okay, it was fleeting) thinking of offering the Miles Sanders owner Godwin for him and then I remembered what Godwin can be as a WR. I'm not sure Sanders hits that level as an RB, though 90 yards against the Steelers and a few TDs are nothing to sneeze at. But I do enjoy watching Godwin play. He's on another level out there, if you ask me. So is Sanders, but his line is patchwork and who knows how serious Pederson is about his three-down back. Almost sounds like he talks himself into it in every interview he gives.   

I hope Godwin sits this week for my dynasty squad's sake. Otherwise, I've sort of got my hand forced and will have to play him. 

I am not.  But I think if you're angling towards a playoff run and have depth what I said still stands - pre-season he was seen as around no5 wr, his two healthy games he played well, and hammies are tricky.  I think he's better than golladay and locket, and depending on your league rules him and Diggs are a toss up (Diggs deserves to be bumped up into a higher tier than those guys given how he's played so far imo).
I think we have to say Nuk, Adams, Tyreek and Thomas are still ahead of Godwin. DK, Thielen, Diggs and Ridley have passed him. I think that’s the top echelon and then it’s some order of Golladay, Evans, Lockett, Allen Robinson. IMO one good healthy game and Godwin is firmly back with that group. If he’s healthy for 2-3 weeks and producing 16-18 ppr ppg then I think he creeps to where Diggs is valued. 

Bucs WR Chris Godwin (hamstring) practiced in full Friday. 

He'll make his return to Tampa's lineup just in time for a clash with the Packers. There might be some risk of Godwin aggravating his stubborn hamstring injury, but fantasy managers shouldn't overthink it. He should be plugged in as a WR1 against Green Bay. 

SOURCE: Adam Caplan on Twitter 

Oct 16, 2020, 3:52 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread