What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

White Nationalists march on University of Virginia (1 Viewer)

Republicans feel the democrats are racists against white people.  They feel the US is turning into a police state where republicans cannot voice their views on anything and if they do they lose their jobs and are humiliated.  They feel they have no choice but to revolt. I expect the democrats will react by dropping a hammer on these people which will make it a thousand times worse.

We're descending into civil war.  The parties:

A.  nazis, blue collar workers, rural farmers, the military, Russia

B.  Liberal intellectual elites, immigrants, Europe

If the revolt succeeds, liberalism will be discredited in the US as a racist cancer.  It will still exist in Europe, so the next move would be to ally with Russia to invade Europe and destroy liberalism there. If the revolt fails, it will probably reform in ten years or so and a second attempt will be made.

Republicans feel the democrats are racists against white people.  They feel the US is turning into a police state where republicans cannot voice their views on anything and if they do they lose their jobs and are humiliated.  They feel they have no choice but to revolt. I expect the democrats will react by dropping a hammer on these people which will make it a thousand times worse.

So how was the rally?

These White Nationalists are not Republicans

And you seem to want this Civil War you are talking about.

Not to act all elitist here but a civil war probably wouldn't involve Russia vs Europe, if for no other reason than Russia is in Europe.

Also, I don't think all non military white collar workers are liberal intellectual elites, but it seems like the rich guys who start this propaganda have been expanding the definition of LIE to "anyone who got better grades than you in high school" when they pander to people who didn't get good grades in high school.  

In truth, the people who have a lot of money have an incredible amount of power right now, and they're trying to consolidate it by enacting favorable laws for themselves.  They enlist the rural farmers and blue collar workers with literal propaganda.   They play to race, religion, homophobia, xenophobia, and then when you accuse them of being racist, the non racist xenophobes say I'm not racist, or I'm not religious, or otherwise move the goal posts.

The most obvious of their ploys has slays been Taxes are bad, you should cut taxes, especially for the rich!  But they've found a new one that rally resonates. Elites are bad. The Clintons are bad. All liberals are like that.  That's why trump was a perfect storm candidate, he's one of us! Oh, the  snooty liberal elites think he's dumb? How can he afford tacky gold flakes on his wallpaper then? He's a genius business man!

Not to act all elitist here but a civil war probably wouldn't involve Russia vs Europe, if for no other reason than Russia is in Europe.

Also, I don't think all non military white collar workers are liberal intellectual elites, but it seems like the rich guys who start this propaganda have been expanding the definition of LIE to "anyone who got better grades than you in high school" when they pander to people who didn't get good grades in high school.  

In truth, the people who have a lot of money have an incredible amount of power right now, and they're trying to consolidate it by enacting favorable laws for themselves.  They enlist the rural farmers and blue collar workers with literal propaganda.   They play to race, religion, homophobia, xenophobia, and then when you accuse them of being racist, the non racist xenophobes say I'm not racist, or I'm not religious, or otherwise move the goal posts.

The most obvious of their ploys has slays been Taxes are bad, you should cut taxes, especially for the rich!  But they've found a new one that rally resonates. Elites are bad. The Clintons are bad. All liberals are like that.  That's why trump was a perfect storm candidate, he's one of us! Oh, the  snooty liberal elites think he's dumb? How can he afford tacky gold flakes on his wallpaper then? He's a genius business man!
We're WAY WAY WAY past trying to define terms here.  The lines have been drawn.  Actions are starting to be taken on those lines.  Debate is over.  War is next.

I mean I get it.  Some will do the usual thing, try to construct arguments, crack jokes, etc.  But that makes no difference at this point.  We're seeing people massive in groups carrying burning torches.

We're WAY WAY WAY past trying to define terms here.  The lines have been drawn.  Actions are starting to be taken on those lines.  Debate is over.  War is next.
If war is next, these people will be put down like rabid dogs.  

As vile as their beliefs are, I'd rather not see that happen.

I mean I get it.  Some will do the usual thing, try to construct arguments, crack jokes, etc.  But that makes no difference at this point.  We're seeing people massive in groups carrying burning torches.
Yeah, I'm gonna just go out on a limb and guess you weren't promoting civil war when Black Lives Matters folks were out marching in huge groups.  It's only when folks like you are upset and angry that it means something.

For a lot of these people, if the republic came down and Donald Trump stands as the FINAL president, and we transition over to some right wing autocracy led by the Trump family to punish the left for decades of trashing the country, they would be PERFECTLY happy with that outcome.  

The terrifying thing is that you would have a resurrected third reich that wants to stick all the liberals into ovens, and they would have modern technology like the internet to hunt every liberal down by the words they typed onto internet forums freely, their personal information all at their fingertips.  For example this new government would just collect all the data from footballguys and get everyones personal information and hunt every liberal down, which is something Hitler couldn't do in the 1940s because big data didn't exist yet.

For a lot of these people, if the republic came down and Donald Trump stands as the FINAL president, and we transition over to some right wing autocracy led by the Trump family to punish the left for decades of trashing the country, they would be PERFECTLY happy with that outcome.  
You forget that the vast majority of folks in the country do not want what we have...the VAST majority.  So let these open carry nutjobs come out en masse and rise up against our government and get put down.

Most protests try to work within the system to affect change.  If you're protesting the very system, threatening violence against the system, that's revolution and they'd be guilty of treason for participating.  

We know what happens to traitors, and your continued beating of this particular revolutionary drum shows your colors.  You are actively promoting treason and suggesting a small scale revolution is likely.  You've not once, to my knowledge, distanced yourself from these groups.

So what about it @Riversco, are you a supporter of the revolutionary and treasonous group you say is going to rise up?  Lay your cards on the table.

The terrifying thing is that you would have a resurrected third reich that wants to stick all the liberals into ovens, and they would have modern technology like the internet to hunt every liberal down by the words they typed onto internet forums freely, their personal information all at their fingertips.  For example this new government would just collect all the data from footballguys and get everyones personal information and hunt every liberal down, which is something Hitler couldn't do in the 1940s because big data didn't exist yet.
What if we're only pretending to be liberals but we're really Trumpers?  What then, huh?

If the revolt succeeds, liberalism will be discredited in the US as a racist cancer.  It will still exist in Europe, so the next move would be to ally with Russia to invade Europe and destroy liberalism there. If the revolt fails, it will probably reform in ten years or so and a second attempt will be made.
Was it hard to type that with one hand?

You're insane - this was a good reminder why I have you on ignore.
How far does it have to go before you start to realize what is happening?

1. The nation elected Donald Trump

2. The media credibility is 0% with the republicans

3. Republicans are organizing marches with burning torches.

4.  An alt right media has gotten established warning of a coup attempt on Trump

5. Trump has installed the military as his base of power.

6.  Nazi websites are getting huge traffic.

Where do you think this is going? Do you think this resolves in...a picnic?

Last edited by a moderator:
If I'm reading the correctly there were two events - the White Nationalist/KKK event last night and then this Alt-Right/protest of removing the statue.  Do I have that right?  It doesn't make it any better but the former is grotesque while the latter is just that is unfortunate and I disagree with but understand why people do it.  

Do I have that right?

How far does it have to go before you start to realize what is happening?

1. The nation elected Donald Trump

2. The media credibility is 0% with the republicans

3. Republicans are organizing marches with burning torches.

4.  An alt right media has gotten established warning of a coup attempt on Trump

5. Trump has installed the military as his base of power.

6.  Nazi websites are getting huge traffic.

Where do you think this is going? Do you think this resolves in...a picnic?
1.  Some of the nation did...yes.

2.  That's because those people don't like facts.

3.   it sure many republicans really want to be painted with the same brush as these torch bearing marchers.

4.  The alt right media is nuts.

5.  There is zero factual basis for this statement.

6.  You say that as if it's a positive thing and that anyone who wants to claim to be in the right side would ever want to be associated with that.

What's absolutely maddening is the congress just accidentally help set up a revolt.  They blocked Trump's agenda.  Trump has now reacted to Congress being idiots by installing the military in his cabinet.  So we're one step closer to overthrowing the government thanks to congress not giving Trump what he wants.

Any chance of stopping his horrific outcome means the democrats caving on what Trump wants.  Give Trump the elimination of sanctuary cities.   Give him his wall.  Just DO it.

I'm surprised more americans are concerned with this.  

Trump has opened up a pandora's box that will be difficult to close.  The best part of this is that everyone of these nut jobs is armed to the teeth

I'd love to see a crowdsourced, but concerted, effort to identify as many of these marchers as possible.

As I've said before, one of the silver linings in this recent debacle, led by Trump, his associates, those that support him and further those who don't clearly speak out against him, his message of hate, his policies of derision and tactics of division is we now at least have to a large degree unmasked those who may be outright racist themselves, and many more who are ok supporting one (this goes the to thread of losing friends who are Trump supporters... it's not that some of us de-friended people because of who they VOTED for, but rather we did upon realizing what they actually STAND for... namely at the best, being ok with racism, white nationalism, antisemitism etc).

Again, whether its a fault in their base character (say, racist themselves), a weakness of character (unwilling to stand against racists and support them) and/or utterly poor judgement that may be a mix of the two, it's good to know who and what people stand for, and the decisions they are willing to make accordingly.

It's why someone who demonstrates that they are either racist, ok supporting a racist or not smart enough to realize that they are doing so is not someone I'd put in a position of trust be it financially/business, or with my family.

SO, these people seem so proud of their viewpoint, let's find a way to help them celebrate and get the word out as to their support of and participation in this event.  Would love to know every pathetic, cowardly racist who suddenly feels emboldened enough to let us know what they have stood for all these years. And let the chips then fall where they may.

If Trump is going to nuke NK, imagine what he'll do to these cracker asses in the Civil War. Will be over in like 30 seconds.

It's unfortunate my kids are growing up in a time of hate. It's hard to ignore now, it is everywhere

Might be time to think about moving somewhere else

Not sure where you are but I think about Vermont an awful lot. 
I'm in the PNW and we just had these awful humans from the 'alt-rght' in Portland and then of course the stabbing on the train.  I just don't want this whole thing to be a part of my kids childhood and it's getting harder and harder to avoid

I'm in the PNW and we just had these awful humans from the 'alt-rght' in Portland and then of course the stabbing on the train.  I just don't want this whole thing to be a part of my kids childhood and it's getting harder and harder to avoid
You're actually in what ought to be a "good" place. Wow. 

I don't expect presidential condemnation any more than I expected it from presidents prior.
There were no 6000 person strong white supremacist marches under previous administrations for most of our lifetimes.  Because they didn't feel enabled by an administration that doesn't just tolerate their viewpoints but emboldens them (see Bannon, Gorka, Miller just from White House personnel alone).  And they also weren't enabled by nonsense false equivalences like yours burying heads in the sand and refusing to see the connection that is plainly obvious to most of the free world.

Where does the US military come down in your civil war fantasies?

There were no 6000 person strong white supremacist marches under previous administrations for most of our lifetimes.  Because they didn't feel enabled by an administration that doesn't just tolerate their viewpoints but emboldens them (see Bannon, Gorka, Miller just from White House personnel alone).  And they also weren't enabled by nonsense false equivalences like yours burying heads in the sand and refusing to see the connection that is plainly obvious to most of the free world.
Exactly

Users who are viewing this thread