What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

White Nationalists march on University of Virginia (1 Viewer)

Literally wearing MAGA hays and chanting Heil Trump. Why is he afraid to condemn White Nationalist Terrorism. Why won't he say the words? 
Same reason why Obama did nothing about the worse element of Black Lives Matter.  They need all the votes they can get.  Who ####### cares what this it is doing the country as long as my team wins the election

I wasn't comparing them just pointing out you may work with one of these toothless goobers. I'm not running into somebody Taliban when I head down to Home Depot this afternoon.
I didn't say you did.  I said the poster that compared them to the Taliban did.  

Not sure where you live but how do you know who is at the HD?

just doing a flyby...anyone here defending these pieces of ####?

I know it's gettin tough out there for the poor, hetero white guys.  System has been keep us down for a while now.

So sad and ironic that Robert E Lee has become a symbol of white nationalism. Though a man of his time with regard to blacks (as was Lincoln), Lee was opposed to slavery, opposed to secession, and fought to defend his state. He was never in charge of the Confederacy. There are other Confederates who much better exemplify racism and white superiority than Lee does. 

I know it's gettin tough out there for the poor, hetero white guys.  System has been keep us down for a while now.
There are certainly some good points that those on the right could make about discourse, especially on college campuses. I'm talking about shouting down comedians or speakers who say stuff you don't agree with. FWIW, before today I would have said that the Antifa folks are just as silly and dumb as the alt-righters.

But chanting Nazi slogans and driving cars into crowds seems like a less than good way of getting a message across. Yikes.

Literally wearing MAGA hays and chanting Heil Trump. Why is he afraid to condemn White Nationalist Terrorism. Why won't he say the words? 
If I were a public figure (or just me) and someone did this to "Koya", I would, at first opportunity, eviscerate their cowardly hateful ### in as clear and public a manner as possible. Id want there to be NO debate as to what I believe in, what I condemn, that these people and those who support them are abhorrent and therefore do not all all represent me nor my ideals.

By the way, seems the Red Wings are setting a better example than our President and countless other 'leaders'

Last edited by a moderator:
David Duke, the former KKK grand wizard, is unambiguous about what Saturday’s alt-right and neo-Nazi rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, means to him: It’s the fulfillment of President Trump’s vision for America. “We are determined to take our country back,” Duke said from the rally, calling it a “turning point.” “We are going to fulfill the promises of Donald Trump. That’s what we believed in. That’s why we voted for Donald Trump, because he said he’s going to take our country back.”

If I were a public figure (or just me) and someone did this to "Koya", I would, at first opportunity, eviscerate their cowardly hateful ### in as clear and public a manner as possible. Id want there to be NO debate as to what I believe in, what I condemn, that these people and those who support them are abhorrent and therefore do not all all represent me nor my ideals.

By the way, seems the Red Wings are setting a better example than our President and countless other 'leaders'
You wouldn't if you agreed with them and supported them. And if you were a leader of any kind your comments would be entirely vague so that the side you really supported could still take your words and use them to further empower their cause.

But don't worry, we won't see any of that from this administration so all good.

Don't these freaks on both sides have anything better to do with their time?  Man I can't stand protesting geeks. 

So sad and ironic that Robert E Lee has become a symbol of white nationalism. Though a man of his time with regard to blacks (as was Lincoln), Lee was opposed to slavery, opposed to secession, and fought to defend his state. He was never in charge of the Confederacy. There are other Confederates who much better exemplify racism and white superiority than Lee does. 
Lee made public statements after the War Of Northern Aggression calling for the retirement of Confederate symbols.  Something along the lines of "fold up that Confederate flag, put it in a drawer, and leave it there forever".  

(I might be paraphrasing Jefferson Davis there by mistake, but both Lee and Davis made public statements of that ilk.)

Imagine if these people ever faced actual oppression.Nobody is trying to legislate away their right to marry. Nobody is trying to make them buy insurance to pay for 'male health care.' The law never:
Enslaved their great-grandparents
Robbed their grandparents
Imprisoned their parents
Shot them when unarmed
There is no massive effort at the state and local level to disenfranchise them of the vote. There is no history of centuries of bad science devoted to 'proving' their intellectual inferiority. There is no travel ban on them because of their religion.
There is no danger for them when they carry dangerous weaponry publicly. Their churches were never burned. Their lawns never decorated with burning crosses. Their ancestors never hung from trees. Their mothers aren't being torn away by ICE troopers and sent away forever. They won't be forced to leave the only country they ever knew.The president has not set up a hotline to report crime committed at their hands. They are chanting 'we will not be replaced.'
Replaced as??? I'll tell you. Replaced as the only voice in public discussions.
Replaced as the only bodies in the public arena.
Replaced as the only life that matters. THIS is 'white people' oppression: They used to be the only voice. Now we hold the only microphone.THIS is 'white man' oppression. They face criticism now. They were free from it because others feared the consequences. 
THIS is 'oppression' of white Christians in this country. Christmas used to be the only holiday acknowledged, now it's not. I would so love to see these people get all the oppression they insist they receive, just for a year. Just to see. Give them a world where you ACTUALLY can't say Christmas.
A world where the name "Geoff" on a resume puts it in the trash. Give them a world where they suddenly get a 20% pay cut, and then 70 women every day tell them to smile more. Give them a world where their polo shirt makes people nervous, so they're kicked off the flight from Pittsburgh to Indianapolis. Give them a world where they inherited nothing but a very real understanding of what oppression really ####### is. Give them a world where if they pulled up on a campus with torches lit and started throwing hands, the cops would punch their eyes out. 
Put THAT in your Tiki torches and light it, you sorry Nazi #####es.
Good morning by the way how is everybody.

*credit to @juliusgoat on twitter

The republican party is here:  either you build the wall, toughen immigration policy, and eliminate sanctuary cities, or the government will be overthrown.  

You're reading in to this.  He condemned the hate coming out here.  
Given Trump's behavior during the campaign and while in office, IMO he hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt here.  How many times did he criticize Obama, Clinton, et al, for not using the phrase "radical Islamic terrorists"?  If that's how he felt when dishing it out from the cheap seats, why wasn't Trump willing to call out the specific perpetrators here when on the field?  He had the chance to denounce white supremacists and blew it.  

Given Trump's behavior during the campaign and while in office, IMO he hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt here.  How many times did he criticize Obama, Clinton, et al, for not using the phrase "radical Islamic terrorists"?  If that's how he felt when dishing it out from the cheap seats, why wasn't Trump willing to call out the specific perpetrators here when on the field?  He had the chance to denounce white supremacists and blew it.  
He won't denounce what he agrees with. 

Speaking of which, has he condemned the attack on the Minnesota mosque yet?

He won't denounce what he agrees with. 

Speaking of which, has he condemned the attack on the Minnesota mosque yet?
Do we know who did this yet?  Anyone arrested?  I haven't heard that we know.

(As an aside I find the whole practice of expecting politicians to condemn universal evils to be useless.  Do you really expect a Congressman, governor, POTUS, etc. to laud such an act?  Pretty silly.)

The republican party is here:  either you build the wall, toughen immigration policy, and eliminate sanctuary cities, or the government will be overthrown.  
The GOP control every branch of government.  The thing in their way is themselves. When you control it all, you own it all.

Last edited by a moderator:
If there really is a God they'll try to overthrow the government. 
Now would be a good time to mention that Jesus on multiple occasions spoke of submission and respect to those in power. Look, I don't like Trump, but he is in power for a reason. Of course, if I knew why, I'd run for God.

(As an aside I find the whole practice of expecting politicians to condemn universal evils to be useless.  Do you really expect a Congressman, governor, POTUS, etc. to laud such an act?  Pretty silly.)
It's actually the opposite of silly when said politicians openly court these people's votes and support through dog-whistle appeals.  In such cases it helps if they condemn.

Thank you. Did not want to assume

FWIW, this is a dangerous slippery slope and sadly, an effective tactic.

While on one end of the spectrum you have the blatant in your face rally kkk'ers, the others are your false narrative, Obama and the left do it too, justify it crowd. Eventually, you punch someone enough times they strike back... and if that happens, the same folks here and elsewhere then try to show their utterly false equivalency is not so false and the core message of hate all the more justified.

I bring this up because there is a tipping point... and those who stand for nationalism first and nation second... and fellow country third if at all... want to spread the corwardly fear to get just a few folks on the fence into their camp, now that theres more 'justification'

I say this, because I've witnessed such a slide in my own lifetime in Israel. Yes, different circumstances... but the same underlying factors, nationalism, racism, economic fears, power politics playing everyone down the line.  When even some supporters of peace were convinced to come to the side of more violence (by the gov't clamping down to incite more violence mind you) at the same time that some actual doves just lost faith, the balance tilted.

The nationalists won. The extreme tactics continued, further inciting violence - ALL the while a very similar patter occurred on the Palestinian side... the self fulfilling prophecy that violence and closed mindedness begets more of both.

Now, this is hardly an analog, but I see a lot of the same forces at play here. And if the right, and their enablers of false equivalence and justification eventually chip away and are successful in their disgusting campaign, it's now potentially a generation, two or three before the voice of humanity can win back the day (if ever). We aren't there yet...

But only vigilance can overcome this cowardice of fear and hate.
You could add Yugoslavia, Ireland, Rwanda, Cyprus... heck probably most people in this country hail from forbears who came from countries ravaged by that kind of thing in their time. I have to say, I haven't been very happy reading this thread today, from any angle. I don't know if people appreciate the incredible gift of domestic tranquility that we have written into our Constitution (who puts in things like domestic tranquility and pursuit of happiness into their national constitutions and sacred declarations? We the USA do...) and for the most part have enjoyed in our country for a very long time. I consider it like the uniquely American democratic institutions which I think bind most of us regardless of party or persuasion  in very often opposing Trump. However there is something really askew here. Political violence is hard to get rid of, it's like a nasty disease. Can the people posting here imagine this in their downtown? In their most precious cultural centers? Can they imagine it touching on their families, friends, colleagues? We have divisions in this country, fault lines, but we do a damned better job than anyone keeping them subsumed... except for one time in our country, when we unleashed hell, upon ourselves. I fear, I worry, that mistakes have been made or will be made in Charlotteville. This is the home of Montecello, American democracy.According to Jefferson, government must be on a "foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness." So do that.

As to your last point, then don't do it. Put tranquility, pacification and reconciliation first.

I expect the President to strongly condemn racist actions. I don't think that's asking too much.

You know how they defend them.  They can't do it directly, so they go around the side, but it's the same cast of characters.

I didn't say you did.  I said the poster that compared them to the Taliban did.  

Not sure where you live but how do you know who is at the HD?
I was quoting someone who made the comparison. I said I don't know about all of that but these rednecks live among us which is concerning to me.

I go to the Home Depot about twice a month. Have yet to see a beheading or a Taliban uprising. 

Users who are viewing this thread