What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Titans IDPs (1 Viewer)

Rashaan whiffed a few times. Ayaji and Smallwood are shifty some. Saw the athleticism but he's gotta nail them. 

Finch continues. So hard to get him time but woo can he get after the QB. 

Landry still super athleticism. Showed some learning today, did well for a rook. 

Morgan and maybe Orakpo could be in their last year without what seemed like an inevitable re-signing. The young OLBs are special.

The secondary still stinks and Pees isn't using Byard to make plays but to be a common outfielder. They are way too stacked in the secondary to have allowed 3 300 yard passers in 4 games. The pressure is there, Pees has to adjust something

Vaccaro has dislocated elbow and is going to be out a while if not the season. I don't know how long when you include playoffs

Jayon Brown at 100% of snaps. Is that going to continue? Is he earning his PT or was there injury? Was that at ILB or a roaming position?

Jayon Brown at 100% of snaps. Is that going to continue? Is he earning his PT or was there injury? Was that at ILB or a roaming position?
He did real well. He missed a couple tackles and was a step behind in coverage a couple times. That's it. The rest was good.

Philly kept running to the sideline and their backs weren't bulldozing. They like to throw to the TE. It was all perfect for him.

If he ever learns to put a hard hat on and be a classic LB against the run, he'll be a gem. I still think he's more safety than LB though. He played S in college his first couple years and has done so each summer with the Titans. 

They have a hole with Vaccaro out. They really need to have Byard play SS because his immense talent is getting little usage at FS in Pees' D. Despite doing well as a SS for Lebeau (and all the weight that should hold) the Titans seem inclined to leave him at FS.

We may see Ryan and Brown finally play S against Buffalo. Lewis seems like a sound mind and a solid tackler but he's late. I think he is just a fill in. For an entire game, the O would pick Lewis out too much and get into a rhythm.

Rewatching the game, I noticed a big DL I never saw before. I noticed Logan pulled when a NT should be in and then DaQuan was the nose. I didn't notice him playing (nor check the snaps for him) but the Titans signed a NT that was on the Texans PS. He's a nobody but I think it's clear Vrabel has realized he doesn't have a nose in Logan and the Titans are bad at signing and drafting NTs

Rewatching the game, I noticed a big DL I never saw before. I noticed Logan pulled when a NT should be in and then DaQuan was the nose. I didn't notice him playing (nor check the snaps for him) but the Titans signed a NT that was on the Texans PS. He's a nobody but I think it's clear Vrabel has realized he doesn't have a nose in Logan and the Titans are bad at signing and drafting NTs
Sylvester Williams :shudder: 

• Smile
Reactions: Bri
The Titans say they're putting Lewis in at SS and that Vaccaro can play after sitting 3 weeks with a dislocated elbow. I am so not buying that timeline. That thing was obviously dislocated and grotesque. Brace or not, he isn't playing a violent game in 3 weeks. 

Anywho, Lewis is late to everything. He's great at reading the D and knowing where to be but he always gets to the WR or RB late. This might be Pees standing by his guy (from the Ravens) and next week they have to make a change. 

The other issue is we're four weeks in and have seen a dramatic change from how Lebeau used his safeties. Pees likes to have two deep with each taking a side of the field- essentially two outfielders. Butler has largely been on Vaccaro's side and he's been one of the worst in the NFL at allowing deep passes. I don't think you want to downgrade the speed at this (about) FS position while Vaccaro is out. I think you do the opposite and add speed so that he gets there to actually help.

Maybe flip flop sides? Byard and Vaccaro/Lewis? 

Now onto Cruik- I have serious issues with this guy and the pick if he can't step into this deep role. I mean you played S in college and can't fill that? I'll give ya that maybe he needs a year to understand the non-obvious passing situations and be able to read an NFL O and attack it but if they're gonna be two deep 40% of the time, he ought to be able to fill in.

Titans allowing 6.69 yards per carry at the right DE spot. 5+ at the nose. 5+ at the left end (RDE end around or corner).

DaQuan has to stop playing NT and improve that stat. Logan has to step up or that no name they signed needs to fill in at NT. 

They can't allow anywhere near 7 at any spot

Pass D was phenomenal

Run D was awful including Jayon Brown. He made some excellent plays against the pass though

Every reporter friend is saying what the about Rashaan. He looks confused and hesitant. He was an absolute beast in college and in camp and he is clearly overthinking and not attacking. It seems like a clear case of overcoaching

A Vrabel favorite was brought back, Robert Spillane. This is sure to annoy some LB owner in IDP. It's probably the Rashaan owner, sadly.

Jayon Brown played a few snaps at OLB and was able to do very well. I do not think he wants to have some sort of issue with Morgan, Landry, and Brown, but at the same time you can't ignore that he did well there. I think Correa loses some snaps and Brown takes those.

Vrabel said "Finch was given the top grade of all defensive linemen and it was hard considering how well Casey played but we score it how we score it." Yet again, let me tell you he is an outside linebacker that plays at the LOS and not a DE.

Orakpo has been stinking and they may finally be (listening to my begging) about to give Finch an increase in playing time. 

Pees supposedly said LeShaun Sims will get more reps but he's also not supposed to be speaking to reporters. We assume that means at Butler's expense. (A little bit, not to worry yet)

Adoree was given the highest grade on D and Ryan was second highest.

They have an open roster spot. One reporter has them waiting to hear back from a safety, another has them putting a claim in for WR Burnett off the Jets PS. We'll probably know tomorrow.

"The other safety" is a serious problem because Byard is average and yet he was being called a superstar and all sorts of things last year. They gotta get Byard involved. I still insist the way to do it is to have Byard play SS and replace him with an outfielder. The staff continues to discuss getting Byard more involved yet failing, the day has to come soon.

Spillane hurt his knee Wednesday and now we gotta wait to see if he isn't an IR candidate.

Correa should play some inside this week

Finch get more time? "He deserves it," said Pees.

I still think he has a problem of finding the time for Finch though. Correa inside could help free up some. Waiting on a Woodyard update Friday

Pees said Casey taking it on him that the DL is not performing as well as expected and he'll have none of that. The problem is not Casey, not at all. 

Asked if he'd like to have 11 Caseys, he said he could win with just four :-) 

He didn't really answer Qs about safety just barked back about great pass D stats last week

Both Carraway and Wallace's agents said they tried out for the Pack and had excellent workouts.

No signing announced though and it's been a bit. 

Hey Bri, please don’t take this the wrong way, but how do you have such good inside info on the Titans? 

Also, Do you think Ryan will be playing some safety or sticking to CB? Seemed like last week he had the 2nd most snaps among their DB’s. He may be worth an add in IDP leagues if he’s gonna play safety, since he’s listed as a CB in MFL. 

Also I read all these posts, I grabbed Finch in a league that I basically am doing a rebuild. I watched his highlights, but they never tell the whole story. You think this kid has a legitimate shot at being an every down player or close to that either as a DE or rush LB? In the future I mean  

Thanks for the great insight and posts. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Bri, please don’t take this the wrong way, but how do you have such good inside info on the Titans? 

Also, Do you think Ryan will be playing some safety or sticking to CB? Seemed like last week he had the 2nd most snaps among their DB’s. He may be worth an add in IDP leagues if he’s gonna play safety, since he’s listed as a CB in MFL. 

Also I read all these posts, I grabbed Finch in a league that I basically am doing a rebuild. I watched his highlights, but they never tell the whole story. You think this kid has a legitimate shot at being an every down player or close to that either as a DE or rush LB? In the future I mean  

I wrote about them for USAToday years ago. The way Gannett works is the articles are put in a content repository where anyone that owns a Gannett paper can then go grab and article and paste into their paper (or website). I was about handed terrific exposure. It was an awesome experience. I made some relationships then, then had to stop writing due to becoming a single father. People contacted me like hey how ya been? and I made more relationships. I ghost wrote a bunch for a ton of sites. The last two years, I wrote for Cover32 and yahoo. Yahoo put my articles (a handful, not many) on their worldwide "engine" and that was incredible exposure. People from all sorts of foreign countries wrote me and I was thankful Google translates emails. PFWA offering access to some things, reporter friends.....this year, I've actually got to chat with some players by text. I covered OU as a reporter when they were an awesome team and many of those guys went on to become pros. I was a good basketball player in my day, played in the NBA D league, CBA, and Jersey Shore League. My uncle is a somewhat famous coach as is his son. I'm not really aww struck when I get to talk to players. I've been told that makes me easier to talk to. Man I don't know exactly why, but I'd put it on relationships since I gab an awful lot on the phone and by text

JRob has an odd affection for players that were once safeties. I think last year the Titans had 20ish players that played safety at some point in their career (HS, college, or pros). Lebeau wanted all the DBs to be interchangeable. During the prior preseason, he switched them between plays and the QB definitely had to pause and point everything out while over center. Vrabel and Pees loved this when they took over and yet here we are and both Brown and Ryan have barely played safety at all. The most we have is that former Bears CB playing S after Cyp got hurt and he was cut. I think under Pees it's just a novel idea as they seem to never actually do it.

Ryan has consistently been one of the best slot corners in the NFL. Many teams have their most efficient WR (if not best) in the slot. After the Titans signed him, some Pats writers mentioned him as the bend but don't break guy. Eventually it's just too uncomfortable for today's QBs to not throw to the slot so they could move the ball on the Pats but drives would fizzle at the end. The Titans defense this year has been that way. They're second lowest in TDs allowed yet their yardage allowed is not a good stat. Maybe Vrabel is taking a page from BB with that and "can't" risk giving that up by moving Ryan to safety.

I think so highly of Finch as do two reporters. IIRC Cosell loved him too. He has only played at the LOS. They must really lack confidence in him as a traditional OLB but yet trust him as a rush backer. I've been told he could probably get to 275 but 300 is way too much to "ask." Then that there have been plenty of DEs that weren't 300 pounds and had NFL success. Most of them were 4-3 ends though. Now the Titans under Lebeau often had four or five guys on the LOS and Pees has that OLB at the line an awful lot. They just may be gearing toward a switch to 4-3. Vrabel has said a few times that he wants them capable of doing both. (This can't happen without Rashaan becoming the stud he should be) Orakpo seems to have hit an old age mark this year. I love the guy but his production is way down. Finch's per snap stats are phenomenal. There's a lot to indicate Finch has a bright future. 

If the Titans hit their potential then they'll regularly draft late and LBs seem to be a position that falls to the winning teams near the end of round one. Next year their could be some new stud first rounder, but I am extremely high on Finch

Need to find out if Woodyard will be back this week. 
He's as tough as they come. I think they said last week that he started 80 consecutive games. If he's practicing in a limited fashion, he is probably playing.

We'll get an update in today's presser and some confirmation when Wyatt does his on the field Periscope on Sunday

It's assumed that Rashaan will take on a sub role now to get him comfortable. IDPers should be leery of him subbing in for Brown and Woodyard. Rashaan was "as advertised" in camp and everyone raved. His struggles are a surprise and they really gotta get him fixed up. As long as he plays, I'd roll with Woodyard this week but make a mindful decision next week.

When he's ready, he'll replace Brown (as he did in camp) but if they're doing a "go do it like him" exercise, he probably subs for both now

Thank you Bri. Sounds like some very cool stuff and bad in there about becoming a single parent (Not trying to be too personal). Obviously not a lot of highlights from the pros on Finch but his college tape is very impressive. 

I grabbed him with the hope he would someday become a regular player. Also as you said he could put on some weight if need be, but look at guys like Frank Clark, he’s a starting DE and he can’t weigh more than 250. Too bad on Ryan, he also seems like a solid tackler for a corner.

Thanks for the info and reply. 

• Smile
Antwaun Woods will be in my starting lineup for the second week in a row... :D

I picked up an abandoned team in a salary cap league that requires DT so his 525k salary makes him a reasonable option despite low production. 

• Smile
Spillane went from sprained MCL to full participation in two days. As odd as that is, I don't know if he'll play much

Never noticed Spillane.

Byard played corner and Ryan played S on at least two plays

The D did very well except for two things- that dopey nickel D where the LBs have to cover the WRs (and Vrabel decided Bates is a linebacker not a ST player) and Butler. He's garbage right now and they gotta do something to get his head right.

Repeatedly, they'd only allow a couple yards on runs and then whenever the Ravens wanted to pass, they could. Ryan didn't seem to allow a completion while Adoree seemed to allow one. It was just so easy to throw at the backers or Butler.

Rashaan made three excellent plays. I'd probably put him overthinking at maybe half the plays he did last week. Definite improvement. He nailed a Ravens RB onto his back once giving us a taste of the future.

Austin Johnson was shockingly effective at NT while Logan was inactive. He battled and clawed his way to hold his ground real well all day. He blocked a pass and showed that athleticism with his leap. He even shed two blockers to get the runner a couple times. Maybe just maybe just maybe he will finally reach his draft potential and not be a bust.

Landry had a great speed sack because he ran in a circle around the pocket :-) Otherwise he was pretty bad today and regularly blocked out of the play

Morgan got hurt and they gave nothing so we'll have to wait for tomorrow and then Wednesday

Orakpo's lesser "I'm old" season continues.

Finch only played late and sealed the edge fine on rushing plays funneling the runner in. I think he had a tackle or two but generally he was just the guy funneling them inside.

Byard's INT was tipped and he dove to it. It was a good play, not so much a gift like last year. 

Lewis was late 8000 times today

Cruik made a good play, just one

Sims had a holy omg speed moment. He ran down on a punt return and missed tackling (Moore?)the return guy. He got up, hopped to the side around his own man, and then chased the returner down. Since his whole career has been filling in well and ...after that, a good veteran coach would give him some time subbing in for Butler. Vrabel seems stuck on Butler but they also seem desperate to have Sims sub in

Pees said they have some ideas for Butler and are extremely confident in him. What that is....who knows.

I still think Sims' play is demanding he play more

Logan is healthy as is Woodyard. Austin Johnson should start at NT after last week's awakening, but he'll probably be a backup again.

Morgan is out and it's widely expected that Landry and Correa play there. I think we'll see Jayon Brown mix in. He's stepped up and Rashaan doing better last week and Woodyard's return shouldn't send him to the sideline with Morgan out. Brown and Landry on passing downs seems way better than Correa. 

Maybe this is the week Finch gets more action since Orakpo played poorly last week and this season.

Casey hugged Austin Johnson after the game last week. That should tell Pees, Vrabel, and JRob all they need to know about how much they needed good NT play. They're crazy if they put Logan starting and don't "ride" Austin as long as they can. If things have clicked with him, he is finally playing like the first round talent that fell to the second round. 

We've seen Vrabel be loyal to Texans that came over and it's been real uncomfortable at times. Starting Logan could be a big big mistake especially if it impacts Austin's confidence. 

If ya don't remember, Austin was a first round talent (a super athlete) that fell to the second round. JRob was praised for landing he, Dodd, and Henry while trading down for Conklin. Many were full of praise for Austin, like Henry, but weren't sure if he could put it together at the NFL level. 

Guys, got bye weeks coming up that will need to make some drops and I have been hanging on to Evans hoping.  Any hope in sight for him or should I drop him and pick him up at years end for a keeper potential next yr?

Guys, got bye weeks coming up that will need to make some drops and I have been hanging on to Evans hoping.  Any hope in sight for him or should I drop him and pick him up at years end for a keeper potential next yr?
Late reply, sorry.

He did fine last start. I think the way you look at a stud ILB is for continued development so I look forward to better than fine.

Woodard is gonna help is play but I'm not sure about his stats. 

It also seems like Vrabel backed off he and Landry some. Its hard to know what too much is and what's pushing them. I think they're at a point where they are allowed to play more so than nitpick.

Vaccaro should be back. I still can't believe it, the way his elbow was gross and dislocated.

Butler is "officially" the nickel corner per Pees, so it wasn't a one week thing. He's been demoted with Adoree and Ryan starting outside and Butler exclusively outside against 3 WRs

Evans needs to be ready this week. Austin Johnson must continue to play well at the nose. A whole lot depends on these two against that line and Zeke

Got Casey going against my boys.
Casey versus Smith should be an excellent matchup. Casey gets these drips of notoriety but for the most part is unappreciated. It'd do him a world of good to dominate a guy like Smith on National TV. I don't know if he (or anyone) is capable of that, but ...it's so odd having an extra special player that fans seem to have not heard of.

Austin Johnson with another solid game at NT. It changes everything. 

Butler to be 4th CB, assumed, next week. That'll make free agency for the Titans awful this year

Vrabel has now stated that he is sticking with Butler.

Titans have allowed 14 TDs on the year, Butler has allowed 7

Finch has risen to around 30% of snaps the last few weeks

Vaccaro should be back. I still can't believe it, the way his elbow was gross and dislocated.
Vaccaro returned week 9 and played 100% of the defensive snaps.  Posted 5 tackles in 59 total plays.  What are the fantasy expectations moving forward?  Like some of his upcoming matchups.

Vaccaro returned week 9 and played 100% of the defensive snaps.  Posted 5 tackles in 59 total plays.  What are the fantasy expectations moving forward?  Like some of his upcoming matchups.
Probably high or same.

They split the field with two safeties deep, often. He is on Butler's side and until Butler gets benched, he should see plenty of work

Morgan was inactive

Evans and Brown each had a few snaps at OLB. Evans said after the game that he has started needling the coaches about playing OLB next year. IDK if you recall but he prefers outside to inside, despite where he made his name.

Adoree was all over Gordon today and Gordon won some but not others. He competed real well against a very talented WR.

Ryan had a real good day, even though Edelman got him a few times. I really strongly think Ryan needs to be considered for All-Pro. PFF had him super low as far as yards allowed and completion percentage.

Byard was at the LOS more than usual and even covering White a few times. 

Orakpo played a standup OLB role along the DL. He was pushed around and had an awful day but he did make one big play at a key moment. Since Finch usually is just a standup LB, he was more back today. He looked lost on a few pass plays and even got spun around once. He was in there near sacks and near Brady but a second or so short a few times. For playing much further back, I'll take it for a first game. Brown continues to play well and Woodyard doesn't know he's old.

Austin Johnson had another good day. Four weeks in a row. I guess we can say he's arrived. He's got the "be tough up the middle" stuff down. Now his game needs to improve where he can apply pressure every now and then. Not often, he is a nose, but sometimes.

Casey was great and the announcers said the Pats were all talking of their concern of him. Probably not much in stats but very disruptive. 

Daquan didn't make many plays with Rak outside him but he did make a play late. My concern with the "extra DL" is that Daquan becomes more like a DT than a DE. DE's need that corner to operate and do their moves. He seems more limited in this DT role.

Vaccaro didn't get tested much which is dopey of the Pats. He made a few nice plays attacking the LOS.

Butler was on Hogan most of the day and the Pats ignore Hogan. He switched and allowed a few to Edelman and then went back to Hogan. If the Pats had two wide, Butler mirrored White which was interesting. He did real well doing that. White had a real bad day, if not the whole game, then the first three Qs. 

Bennie Logan is probably inactive soon.

Darius Kilgo was this "who?" signing that was a backup Texans NT. He stunk and was just...not good. The last two weeks he has had some fight to him. This past game Austin Johnson got banged up and came out. Logan was pushed around and Kilgo went in and looked fired up. He fought good and got a sack. Austin returned and Logan didn't play another snap. Kilgo subbed for Johnson.

It looks like Kilgo surpassed Logan as the 2nd NT. They don't really need three most weeks with Casey and Jones capable of filling in

Morgan was inactive

Evans and Brown each had a few snaps at OLB. Evans said after the game that he has started needling the coaches about playing OLB next year. IDK if you recall but he prefers outside to inside, despite where he made his name.

Adoree was all over Gordon today and Gordon won some but not others. He competed real well against a very talented WR.

Ryan had a real good day, even though Edelman got him a few times. I really strongly think Ryan needs to be considered for All-Pro. PFF had him super low as far as yards allowed and completion percentage.

Byard was at the LOS more than usual and even covering White a few times. 

Orakpo played a standup OLB role along the DL. He was pushed around and had an awful day but he did make one big play at a key moment. Since Finch usually is just a standup LB, he was more back today. He looked lost on a few pass plays and even got spun around once. He was in there near sacks and near Brady but a second or so short a few times. For playing much further back, I'll take it for a first game. Brown continues to play well and Woodyard doesn't know he's old.

Austin Johnson had another good day. Four weeks in a row. I guess we can say he's arrived. He's got the "be tough up the middle" stuff down. Now his game needs to improve where he can apply pressure every now and then. Not often, he is a nose, but sometimes.

Casey was great and the announcers said the Pats were all talking of their concern of him. Probably not much in stats but very disruptive. 

Daquan didn't make many plays with Rak outside him but he did make a play late. My concern with the "extra DL" is that Daquan becomes more like a DT than a DE. DE's need that corner to operate and do their moves. He seems more limited in this DT role.

Vaccaro didn't get tested much which is dopey of the Pats. He made a few nice plays attacking the LOS.

Butler was on Hogan most of the day and the Pats ignore Hogan. He switched and allowed a few to Edelman and then went back to Hogan. If the Pats had two wide, Butler mirrored White which was interesting. He did real well doing that. White had a real bad day, if not the whole game, then the first three Qs. 
As someone heavily invested in Rashaan Evans all I can say is poo.  I cut Jayon Brown too, mostly due to expecting Evans to dominate.

As someone heavily invested in Rashaan Evans all I can say is poo.  I cut Jayon Brown too, mostly due to expecting Evans to dominate.
I don't really understand why he was so awesome in camp (before injury) and struggled so mightily in-season. Vrabel better run a tougher camp next year if the O didn't truly do their job blocking him and making him earn it.

He's coming along better each week. I was impressed that the Titans were gonna cover Gronk with him per Pees. 

I still think Brown is playing above his level and not good against the run. We'll see next year. One has to move outside (Woodyard can't) and I think it's 50/50 who goes now.

Orakpo said he had some issues with balance. Umm you got pushed around, yeah. Morgan was down to like 20 snaps last time. 

Finch had fourth highest score of Titans per PFF. He absolutely must finish strong if he is to have any chance to be a starting OLB in the future. I don't figure Landry or Evans/Brown gives it up once they get it. He's gonna be pigeonholed as a backup if he doesn't.

Orakpo has discussed re-signing and JRob was receptive. Asked about the conversation, he said, "I'm not trying to play every play this year" :-) 

Cosell said Finch did a great job while the Titans blitzed ILBs often against the Pats. I don't wholly know what this means but, it's nice to here his name singled out.

Haven't posted in a week. Finch got reduced snaps due to Morgan's return. 14 snaps, 4 tackles, 1 forced fumble.

I'm hoping he supplants Correa this coming week.

I'm looking for the Texans to destroy the Titans this game though

Not much, again. Sorry but Vrabel doesn't let them talk much this year.

Pees said they have found the role for Kilgo and they're happy how that worked out. So we can probably assume he'll finish as Casey's backup and be re-signed to do that. 

Pees is pleased with Butler in his (wouldn't call it lesser) more focused role. It might be good for him. Maybe this is how to get his confidence back up and re-teach him.

Many have pointed out that Butler was sped thru the concussion protocol this week but he had a stinger (neck) not a concussion. It's just the NFL's rule to include stingers in this protocol due to the prior super serious neck injuries. It's clearly not the same.

Finch had 2 tackles, 1 TFL, and 1 QB hit in 18 early snaps. Correa was inactive. Finch played every ST snap.

It looked like the Titans planned to sub him for Orakpo ALOT but Orakpo had his best game of the year and played more than usual. Maybe Orakpo heard footsteps.

Finch is being called out by famous types now, so if you want to make an IDP move for him (for next year) you probably need to soon. His exposure is still low, but he's catching on

Finch 92 rating by PFF

Evans another strong game and against a tough back too

Everyone seemed to do well in the blowout

Ryan played safety for one snap

Orakpo's injury is still a waiting game. Morgan played his side and Landry played Morgan's. If Orakpo sits, it seems like Finch will still be a backup

I still think Ryan is playing at an allpro level. He had one off game and has been lights out. I hope he covers ODB next game and not another CB. He's only allowed 2 TDs and has 1 INT. 

Finch and Evans, highest ranked rookie duo ever by PFF, over the last four weeks. Possible, best second half ever if three more stellar games. Saquan has proven to be the ratings killer this year for LBs

Finch is going to try and tough it out. Skip one week and play in week 17. Psycho playing with that...and yet I kind of like it from a rook

Users who are viewing this thread