What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Facial Hair - What Are You Rocking? (1 Viewer)

Which Best Describes Your Look

• Clean Shaven

Votes: 29 26.6%
  • Mustache

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • 5 O'Clock Shadow

Votes: 33 30.3%
  • Goat

Votes: 19 17.4%
  • Shuke-Style Man Beard

Votes: 22 20.2%
  • ZZ Top Over The Top

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters

James Daulton

Footballguy
Curious as to what my FBG bros are rocking these days.  I myself have been sporting a 5 O'Clock shadow for several years now.  Clean shaven makes me look younger but I still like the shadow look a little better.

Similar to what I do with my head - I shave once or twice a week and then have the stubble look the rest of the time.

That gives me four combos I can go with:

- shaved head and face - my least favorite - while I look younger it's a little too clean looking for me

- shaved head, stubble face - this is my badass, don't mess with me look

- stubble head, shaved face - this is my "normal" look, the one I would go with if interviewing or going to a funeral 

- stubble head, stubble face - this is my most common look because I can tend to be lazy and it's the one that requires me to do nothing to get the look 

ETA - voted 5 o'clock shadow

Last edited by a moderator:
I am currently a Shuke man...however, this past winter I got pretty close to the beard in my avatar.

I've had at least a Shuker since 1992...my mom still nags me, as she wants me to look like her "little boy". :doh:

Oh and weird how I have hair of the gods up top, but I couldn't grow a real man's beard to save my life.  Sides get all patchy and not filled in.  Sad.

Oh and weird how I have hair of the gods up top, but I couldn't grow a real man's beard to save my life.  Sides get all patchy and not filled in.  Sad.
I will trade you. I keep my balding head at a 1 clipper guard but will probably start the Mr. Clean later this year. 

Currently clean shaven face weekdays and scruffy on weekends. Usually grow a beard in  the fall and shave it off around Easter. 

My wife likes me scruffy, so I shave once a week. For our wedding she specifically asked me to have a 3 day shadow (though I touched up my neck). My mom was yelling at me for not shaving on my wedding day.

Come to think of you, I rarely see a stache these days.  I wonder if they'll come back in style?  If they do I'm not sure I could manage to grow a full one anyway.

Similar to what I do with my head - I shave once or twice a week and then have the stubble look the rest of the time.

That gives me four combos I can go with:

- shaved head and face - my least favorite - while I look younger it's a little too clean looking for me

- shaved head, stubble face - this is my badass, don't mess with me look

- stubble head, shaved face - this is my "normal" look, the one I would go with if interviewing or going to a funeral 

- stubble head, stubble face - this is my most common look because I can tend to be lazy and it's the one that requires me to do nothing to get the look 

ETA - voted 5 o'clock shadow
Almost exactly the same. Except I'll shave the head for an interview or funeral.

I wanted to go full time into shaved head / shadow but haven't gone there yet and every guy I work with shaves his face regularly. I don't mind sticking out a bit but I need to ensure it looks professional and not like I just didn't bother to shave. I can go a day or two and be fine but then I need to shave.

Almost exactly the same. Except I'll shave the head for an interview or funeral.

I wanted to go full time into shaved head / shadow but haven't gone there yet and every guy I work with shaves his face regularly. I don't mind sticking out a bit but I need to ensure it looks professional and not like I just didn't bother to shave. I can go a day or two and be fine but then I need to shave.
I tend to be lazy - I'll frequently go 1 or 2 weeks without shaving 

Bald + goatee seems to be a popular look. 
I actually take back a little snark. That can be a fine look, especially on a brother. I think baldies need to have something. Beard or scruff would obviously be preferable on a white, but I think you're right.

Full beard - hit it with #2 guard once a week or so. 1/4" I think it is. 
Same, except a #1 guard, varies from 1/8 to 1/4", and I only go over it once every 3 weeks or so.

I can't stand a real beard, but also don't feel like buying blades or shaving. 

Come to think of you, I rarely see a stache these days.  I wonder if they'll come back in style?  If they do I'm not sure I could manage to grow a full one anyway.
I've tried a few times. Figuring, if it's good enough for Burt ####### Reynolds, it ought to be good enough for me. But for the average man (and I'm below average), you just look like such a creep. I desperately want to be able to pull it off, but I've given up.

currently clean-shaven. 

in two weeks i'll start the annual Harvest Beard, and won't pick up a razor or clippers until Halloween or so. 

it'll look horrible by the end. can't wait. 

Yeah - when I was fat the bald (shaved) plus clean shaven face definitely had an Uncle Fester vibe to it.
Does a goatie make a fat bald man look not creepy?

Eta: my dad is somewhat large and bald (he has the crown I refuse to allow). When he had a goatee it did not help in the least.

Hmm, fat old white men are just creepy in general - I'd say the creep meter goes like this (least creepy to most creepy)

Normal beard

Full beard

Stubble

Clean shaven

Mustache

Full beard and stash.  More white than grey.  I grew it out this spring to about three inches before trimming it back to about a half inch where I usually keep it.  I have not seen my face in 40 years.

Users who are viewing this thread