What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PPR Pick #8 (1 Viewer)

I pick # 9--but close enough. I agree about going WR in round 1. Leaning Jordy, then Evans, then Green. Round 2 I am thinking Gronk. Not likely to go RB until round 3, at which point I am looking at Montgomery or Cook.

With the lack of strong RB #1's in this years draft, I suggest McCoy, Gordon or Freeman and come back with a WR in round 2 like Thomas or Cooper.  The dropoff in RB in this years draft is just too steep in my opinion.

With the lack of strong RB #1's in this years draft, I suggest McCoy, Gordon or Freeman and come back with a WR in round 2 like Thomas or Cooper.  The dropoff in RB in this years draft is just too steep in my opinion.
Ive thought about this too. 

I pick # 9--but close enough. I agree about going WR in round 1. Leaning Jordy, then Evans, then Green. Round 2 I am thinking Gronk. Not likely to go RB until round 3, at which point I am looking at Montgomery or Cook.
Definitely a possibility.  Ive never taken a TE early.  Rolling the dice and hoping for a healthy Gronk could work out.  

In the 8/9/10 slots I've  been going devontae followed by WR in the 2nd, or WR WR.   

Last edited by a moderator:
I was originally thinking Freeman but his concussion worries me some.  McCoy could slip to there but I don't really trust the Bills offense anymore.  I think it's too early for Howard and Ajayi plus Ajayi has concussion issues as well.  It's looking more and more like the best WR available for me.

I'm at 6, I'm more interesting what's happening at round two. 

Round 1 -   McCoy or Evans is 50/50 for me.

Round 2 -  Do you go Rodgers if 6 per TD,  Gronk?  Cooper, Hilton?  What WR would you take if you took McCoy 1st

Goooals said:
I feel like the dropoff from Bell/DJ to McCoy/Gordon/Freeman is steep as well. You certainly then fall off a cliff.

With late first round pick, I'm starting to lean towards the zero RB camp.

With late first round pick, I'm starting to lean towards the zero RB camp.
I've gone Zero RB where the top RBs are gone including Freedman and McCoy.  I end up going Crowell and Mixon in rounds 3 and 4, and follow up with Doug Martin a few rounds later.

Here is my latest FFPC Draft.

1.10 - Jordy Nelson

2.03 - TY Hilton

3.10 - Isiah Crowell

4.03 - Joe Mixon

Mixon is an upside play so I continue to pepper the backside of the draft with high upside RB fliers.

In a league where you start RB-WR-TE-FLEX-FLEX

I could use 1 RB - 3WR

Does this make McCoy still the pick or would you go Evans and load up on those WR's and end up as a Woodhead etc as your "4th player"

In a league where you start RB-WR-TE-FLEX-FLEX

I could use 1 RB - 3WR

Does this make McCoy still the pick or would you go Evans and load up on those WR's and end up as a Woodhead etc as your "4th player"
Assuming this is PPR, go with WR's and then pick up Woodhead.  He's extremely undervalued right now on a team that does not have very many weapons.

Assuming this is PPR, go with WR's and then pick up Woodhead.  He's extremely undervalued right now on a team that does not have very many weapons.
Yes PPR.  The 6-8 range is very tough this year post Zeke suspension.

With WR's so deep its basically deciding between...

McCoy - Cooper - D-Thomas - Larry Fitz  (and you can still take shots on M. Bryant etc.  or Parker etc.

or

Evans-Cooper-D-Thomas - Whatever RB is there.

The 6-8 range is very tough this year post Zeke suspension.

With WR's so deep its basically deciding between...

McCoy - Cooper - D-Thomas - Larry Fitz  (and you can still take shots on M. Bryant etc.  or Parker etc.

or

Evans-Cooper-D-Thomas - Whatever RB is there.
I think you might be able to get someone a bit better than Cooper at the 17th pick.  If you can pull out a T.Y. Hilton or Jarvis Landry, you'd be pretty set, and you might be able to get Crowell at pick 3.  I wouldn't want to rely on Larry as my WR3.  Something like:

Evans-T.Y. Hilton-Crowell-BPA would be a good start for me. 

I've gone Zero RB where the top RBs are gone including Freedman and McCoy.  I end up going Crowell and Mixon in rounds 3 and 4, and follow up with Doug Martin a few rounds later.

Here is my latest FFPC Draft.

1.10 - Jordy Nelson

2.03 - TY Hilton

3.10 - Isiah Crowell

4.03 - Joe Mixon

Mixon is an upside play so I continue to pepper the backside of the draft with high upside RB fliers.
I've seen J. Nelson slip into round 2. Would be a dream to get AJ Green in RD 1 AND then Nelson at 2.03.

My template...and this is driven by the fact that in my lineup settings I can basically go run n shoot (RB -WR-WR-Flex-Flex).

1.10: AJ Green/Jordy/Evans

2.03: Dream scenario: Jordy. Backup plan: M. Thomas. Backup backup plan: Gronk.

3.10: T. Pryor. 

4.03: Select a starting RB from T. Montgomery, I. Crowell, C.Hyde, D. Cook. C. McCaffrey.

I've seen J. Nelson slip into round 2. Would be a dream to get AJ Green in RD 1 AND then Nelson at 2.03.

My template...and this is driven by the fact that in my lineup settings I can basically go run n shoot (RB -WR-WR-Flex-Flex).

4.03: Select a starting RB from T. Montgomery, I. Crowell, C.Hyde, D. Cook. C. McCaffrey.
Pryor has been going early 3rd in all of my drafts.

I think all the guys you listed as 4th round guys, with the exception of Hyde (and maybe McCaffrey), for sure go in the 3rd round. I have no doubt they will in my league.

I have done the opposite and not gone with a wr until rd 5 or in a few mocks just to see, and have liked the results.  I think one was something like Freeman/Howard/Cook/Brady, then went 4 straight wrs. 

I think all the guys you listed as 4th round guys, with the exception of Hyde (and maybe McCaffrey), for sure go in the 3rd round. I have no doubt they will in my league.
That's way too early for a bunch of RBs with question marks. ADP speaks to 4th round targets.

I may want one of those guys, but I don't want them enough to reach for them in round 3. If others do, so be it. Somebody drops to me.

I'm shooting for him at 6 which should be almost a given in my league as I see the defacto "top 5" being taken.

I took Evans with this pick yesterday the Michael Thomas in the second round.  Was pretty happy with the start.

I got pick 9 im going jordy or AJ at 16 I know all top 8 rbs will be gone if Thomas gone im going dalvin cook or mccaffrey then coming back with wr I know both might be gone by the time I pick 33 and im targeting pryor or keenan rd 3 what u guys think?

I'm pretty set on 

Rd 1)Evans / Jordy / AJ 

Rd 2) Cooks 

Rd 3) T. Hill

Rd 4) Martin

Rd 5) CJ Anderson 

Rd 6) Powell / Gillespie / Ingram 

Those are my targets 

New plan

1) WR-Evans / Jordy / AJ

2) RB  Ajayi 

3) RB - Crowell / Cook / Miller 

4) WR- Adams / Tate / Landry 

5) WR - Diggs 

6) WR- Crowder 

7) TE Rudolph 

8) RB - Duke Johnson 

9) QB  Cam 

10) RB- Sproles 

11) RB Hill 

Hope it falls this way,  12 team PPR 

Sounds like AJ going to be a great value pick. Have people forgotten how great he was to start the year?

Would love to start with Freeman / Howard, then go with a smattering of high floor and upside guys at WR and see what sticks (DThomas, Crabtree, Kelvin, Martavis, etc). 

Really leaning RB/RB in rd 1 and 2. RB's fall off a cliff in the most recent mocks I have seen.  Lots of good WR depth in rds 3-6

I'm 9th but have been mocking a ton and seeing a lot of what folks are suggesting. 

With the RB drop off and too many questions with those in the middle, I'm the one thinking like this:

1st - Jordy / Evans /Green

2nd - Elliott

3rd - Cook / Mixon / McCaffrey / Fournette

4th - Hopkins / D Thomas / Kelce / Gronk

If I go WR in the 4th, I would see RBs like Hunt or Hyde sometimes in the 5th and would grab Graham / Reed in the 6th. If I go with Gronk / Kelce in the 4th, I was grabbing WR like Benjamin / Landry in the 5th or 6th and sometimes seeing Olsen fall too. 

I was happy going into the 7th looking like this:

RB - Elliott / Cook / Hunt

WR - Jordy / Hopkins

TE - Graham

or

RB - Elliott / McCaffrey / Hyde

WR - Jordy / Benjamin

TE - Kelce 

I pick 6th but feel 6,7,8 are all in the same boat.  The wheel of indecision has currently landed on me taking Jordy in the first and shooting for Rodgers in the 2nd or Zeke if his suspension is reduced.  3rd-5th round grab at least a couple of the group of RBs with that current ADP range.  I'll spin the wheel again before my draft on Thursday...

Users who are viewing this thread