What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Help with draft pick (1 Viewer)

need2know

Footballguy
Got pick 12 in a 12 team redraft

Start qb, 2 RBS, 3 wrs, te, k, def

Weird scoring

1 ppr, all TDS 6pts

20 yards for rec pt

10 yards for rushing pt

With it being skewed towards RB scoring I am going to take 2 RBS

Who do you like?

Would love Freeman or Gordon but one or both might not be there.

How do you rank Murray and Howard?

Thoughts?

I don't think you should limit yourself to going RB-RB at the turn, especially if the first round is RB heavy.  It's PPR, which elevates WR's to an extent.  Not only that, but you have to start three WR's and only two RB's, which also elevates receivers to an extent.  No sense in drafting two 2nd tier backs over two stud WR's just because you think you need to go RB.  I'd take the two best players available at 12 & 13, regardless of whether or not they're RB or WR.  

I don't think you should limit yourself to going RB-RB at the turn, especially if the first round is RB heavy.  It's PPR, which elevates WR's to an extent.  Not only that, but you have to start three WR's and only two RB's, which also elevates receivers to an extent.  No sense in drafting two 2nd tier backs over two stud WR's just because you think you need to go RB.  I'd take the two best players available at 12 & 13, regardless of whether or not they're RB or WR.  
Thanks

You did see how RBS are getting twice as much pts for yards?

If aj green or Jordy fall it would be hard to pass them up....but other than that RB seems to be the right path

With rushing yards being worth double, I definitely go RB/RB. I lean that direction when it's not double points for rushing yards. 

This whole offseason I've been trying to tell myself that Henry won't cut into Murrays touches but I can't make myself believe it. I would likely bump Howard above Murray and maybe Ajayi over Murray too. 

DJ, Bell, McCoy, Freeman, Gordon, Howard, Ajayi, Zeke, Murray, Gurley, Fournette. To be honest I'd take all those guys before anyone else in you league. Double points for rushing yards is just too much of an advantage.

With rushing yards being worth double, I definitely go RB/RB. I lean that direction when it's not double points for rushing yards. 

This whole offseason I've been trying to tell myself that Henry won't cut into Murrays touches but I can't make myself believe it. I would likely bump Howard above Murray and maybe Ajayi over Murray too. 

DJ, Bell, McCoy, Freeman, Gordon, Howard, Ajayi, Zeke, Murray, Gurley, Fournette. To be honest I'd take all those guys before anyone else in you league. Double points for rushing yards is just too much of an advantage.
thank you for agreeing with me.  the math is too much to ignore. really hoping somehow i get freeman and gordon.  some idiot always takes a qb in round 1. i still like murray over ajayi and gurley and fournette and zeke.  howard vs murray is close

I did notice that, and I stand by what I said.  I wouldn't go with Gronk there.  This is just my humble opinion.  Here's my top 13 in your system.

David Johnson

Leveon Bell

Antonio Brown

OBJ

Julio Jones

Melvin Gordon

Demarco Murray

Devonta Freeman

Jay Ajayi

Lesean McCoy

Jordy

AJ Green

Mike Evans

If I were in your position, I would still take the two best players available.  Assuming the stud RB's are gone by the time you pick, you don't want to grab two lesser backs and leave stud WR's on the board.  You could essentially be drafting 3rd tier RB's while top tier WR's are still on the board.  

really starting to like howard more than i thought before.  his ppg is really impressive.  its the bears that worry me.

I agree with Druid Pack in as much as you shouldn't paint yourself into a corner and go RB/RB at all costs.  Figure out your projections based on your scoring system and get an idea of where RB vs WR value is and then go from there.  Just saying that I need to go RB-RB with my first two picks is a recipe for disaster.  You run the risk of missing out on tremendous value if there are some odd picks (like multiple people taking QB's or all RB's going). 

The important thing is to come up with your projections and worth that into your scoring system.  This will show you where the value should be and then trust your projections/rankings.  Don't force a position.      

I agree with Druid Pack in as much as you shouldn't paint yourself into a corner and go RB/RB at all costs.  Figure out your projections based on your scoring system and get an idea of where RB vs WR value is and then go from there.  Just saying that I need to go RB-RB with my first two picks is a recipe for disaster.  You run the risk of missing out on tremendous value if there are some odd picks (like multiple people taking QB's or all RB's going). 

The important thing is to come up with your projections and worth that into your scoring system.  This will show you where the value should be and then trust your projections/rankings.  Don't force a position.      
Well draft domaintor usually tells me to go RB/wr.  But I'm not taking Tyrone hill at 13

Well draft domaintor usually tells me to go RB/wr.  But I'm not taking Tyrone hill at 13
I wouldn't take Tyrone Hill at 13 either.....hahhahahah

I haven't found draft dominator to be that useful when it comes to the more complicated leagues.  Maybe I don't understand all the nuances but the mocks I have gotten from it are usually so far off the actual draft that it almost has been useless for me.   

I wouldn't take Tyrone Hill at 13 either.....hahhahahah

I haven't found draft dominator to be that useful when it comes to the more complicated leagues.  Maybe I don't understand all the nuances but the mocks I have gotten from it are usually so far off the actual draft that it almost has been useless for me.   
Someone may take a QB so that would help push some players to me.  I think if green or Jordy or one of the big 5 wrs fall I would take one with a RB.  But I think I would be happy with 2 of Freeman/Gordon/Howard/Murray. Maybe even mccoy.  Couple owners are worried about his age, workload.  He could drop.  There's always Zeke..... Prob not though

I'm not taking Mike Thomas that high.  The saints have been making me regret high picks in their offense for years, besides Brees.  Too early for Dez, ty Hilton, Thomas, cooks, imo

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread