Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
timschochet

Alabama Voters reject Roy Moore and send Doug Jones to the Senate instead!

3 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Roy Moore currently holding a press conference.  He's filing a lawsuit alleging a "political conspiracy" against him.

Damn, I knew he was going to sniff it out!  It's only a matter of time before they find out my involvement and start giving me the third degree.  I'm weak, not strong like Cohen, I'll break I tell ya.

9 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Roy Moore currently holding a press conference.  He's filing a lawsuit alleging a "political conspiracy" against him.

:lmao:

Who is he suing? 

Just now, McJose said:

Who is he suing? 

Not really clear yet.  At least some of the women. Other than that, I'm sure we'll all see the crazy filing when it's available.

6 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Not really clear yet.  At least some of the women. Other than that, I'm sure we'll all see the crazy filing when it's available.

Good lord.

Cut your loses and move on, pervo.

7 minutes ago, McJose said:

Good lord.

Cut your loses and move on, pervo.

I think cutting his losses would essentially mean admitting to his wife and daughters that he was a pervert who basically stalked his wife while she was an underage ballet dancer and manipulated her into marrying him, so.... tough sell. 

32 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Ah, this should be good.

4 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

I think cutting his losses would essentially mean admitting to his wife and daughters that he was a pervert who basically stalked his wife while she was an underage ballet dancer and manipulated her into marrying him, so.... tough sell. 

Yeah, he's got maybe 25-30% of the people here in the state who still will believe anything he tells them.  My guess is this is a way to draw attention to his legal defense fund again where he is soliciting contributions to help him defend himself against this "political smear job".  Like I told my wife after he lost this past election, even as old as he is, unfortunately we haven't heard the last of him.

so this means he can be deposed lie under oath and then get put in federal prison until he is launched in to the sun right please tell me thats right take that to the bank brohans 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, SWC said:

so this means he can be deposed lie under oath and then get put in federal prison until he is launched in to the sun right please tell me thats right take that to the bank brohans 

I don't see where the sun has done anything to deserve that.  Interesting question though, when you have a greasy slime ball which attribute prevails in a fire.  Does the grease catch on fire and flare up, or does the slime smother the fire? 

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

17 hours ago, McJose said:

Who is he suing? 

Everybody 

• Like 1

This Popehat tweet made me chuckle - 

EverybodySueEverybodyHat  @Popehat

Roy Moore's lawsuit is back on track now that it's been transferred out of juvenile court.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

Is this mess of a lawsuit being backed by the GOP just like they did this mess of a candidate? 

In the special election, Roy Moore got more votes than Doug Jones in six of Alabama's seven Congressional districts. 

In the weekend before the election, the RNC was supporting Moore.  Trump endorsed Moore, issued specific statements about why voters should choose Moore over Jones, and was upset his daughter* when she publicly said there was a special place in hell for people who prey on children.    

* We all know Trump has more than one daughter.  I'm speaking of the daughter Trump regularly acknowledges is his.

12 minutes ago, Bruce Dickinson said:

In the special election, Roy Moore got more votes than Doug Jones in six of Alabama's seven Congressional districts. 

In the weekend before the election, the RNC was supporting Moore.  Trump endorsed Moore, issued specific statements about why voters should choose Moore over Jones, and was upset with his daughter* when she publicly said there was a special place in hell for people who prey on children.    

* We all know Trump has more than one daughter.  I'm speaking of the daughter Trump regularly acknowledges is his.

To be fair, it probably felt like a personal attack.

It appears the majority of the state's GOP has tried to wash their hands of him finally.  It started the night of the election when Moore in his non-concession speech said he was going to Montgomery to meet with Secretary of State John Merrill about voter fraud.  Merrill who was interviewed not more than 5 minutes later was asked about that statement, just paraphrasing as I don't recall the exact quote, basically said he was going home and the doors would be locked and lights out, that he need not waste his time.  Merrill stated from the beginning that night that he believed even after absentees would be counted that Jones was the winner and that while every claim of fraud would be looked into, he didn't see any reason that Jones would not be certified as the winner.  Move forward to today, he is conveniently not mentioned anymore by most any candidate running for office.  The one exception that I am aware of is the state auditor, who I'd never even noticed before.  He was perhaps the most vocal Moore defender during it all.  I'll go out of my way to vote for his primary opponent this cycle.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shula-holic said:

It appears the majority of the state's GOP has tried to wash their hands of him finally.  It started the night of the election when Moore in his non-concession speech said he was going to Montgomery to meet with Secretary of State John Merrill about voter fraud.  Merrill who was interviewed not more than 5 minutes later was asked about that statement, just paraphrasing as I don't recall the exact quote, basically said he was going home and the doors would be locked and lights out, that he need not waste his time.  Merrill stated from the beginning that night that he believed even after absentees would be counted that Jones was the winner and that while every claim of fraud would be looked into, he didn't see any reason that Jones would not be certified as the winner.  Move forward to today, he is conveniently not mentioned anymore by most any candidate running for office.  The one exception that I am aware of is the state auditor, who I'd never even noticed before.  He was perhaps the most vocal Moore defender during it all.  I'll go out of my way to vote for his primary opponent this cycle.

Good.  Don't let them forget they knowingly supported a child molester.  

• Like 1

The nazis are playing a different game.  They arent trying to win elections.  They are trying to capture about 25%-30% of the population to pair with aid from russia and china to overthrow the government.  A deeper drilldown of this election shows near universal support of moore in many rural counties.  Nazis are pleased with the current state of Alabama and dont care who won this election. 

10 minutes ago, Riversco said:

The nazis are playing a different game.  They arent trying to win elections.  They are trying to capture about 25%-30% of the population to pair with aid from russia and china to overthrow the government.  A deeper drilldown of this election shows near universal support of moore in many rural counties.  Nazis are pleased with the current state of Alabama and dont care who won this election. 

These new Nazis have an opinion on everything!   What do they think about Tom Wilson's hit on Zach Aston-Reese in Game 3 of Caps-Penguins last night? 

What i find bizarre is the democrats very narrowly defeated a nazi in a statewide election and act like it means they are headed for a landslide.  You should DESTROY a nazi in an election if you were doing well, i dont care what state it is.  

30 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

These new Nazis have an opinion on everything!   What do they think about Tom Wilson's hit on Zach Aston-Reese in Game 3 of Caps-Penguins last night? 

Good think the Nazis are able to recruit so much!  They're busy little bees these days!

1 minute ago, Riversco said:

What i find bizarre is the democrats very narrowly defeated a nazi in a statewide election and act like it means they are headed for a landslide.  You should DESTROY a nazi in an election if you were doing well, i dont care what state it is.  

What I find bizarre is since Jones is been in office he has acted just like a Republican and people think the Dems won this election.   I love people that are blinded by a letter.

1 minute ago, IC FBGCav said:

What I find bizarre is since Jones is been in office he has acted just like a Republican and people think the Dems won this election.   I love people that are blinded by a letter.

It's odd.  It's the only "Both Sides Do It!" that will always be there.  Most people treat Politics like their favorite sports team.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

It vas leegul! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IC FBGCav said:

Do you understand what caucusing means? The party you choose to caucus with, in the Senate, is far more important in many ways than how you vote, because it determines who all the chairpeople will be, and that’s where the real power lies. Jones could vote Republican on 100% of the issues and so long as he caucuses with the Democrats it’s a win for the Democrats. 

27 minutes ago, IC FBGCav said:

What I find bizarre is that not only do you ignore the importance of caucusing especially in a 49-51 Senate, but also that you could have googled this in 5 seconds but decided not to. 

Is he an Elizabeth Warren clone? Of course not. Is he much better than any left-leaning person could reasonably hope for from a Senator from Alabama in 2018?  Of course.

2 hours ago, Sheriff Bart said:

:lmao:  Moore being duped isn't surprising.  What's more shocking to me is that Alabama has always been at the forefront in support of Israel.

Wait, you didn't know that 73% of my fellow Alabamians are Jewish?

45 minutes ago, Sand said:

Wait, you didn't know that 73% of my fellow Alabamians are Jewish?

The moore you learn. 

15 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

The moore you learn. 

It means, by default, I have many Jewish friends.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sand said:

It means, by default, I have many Jewish friends.

This place is restricted Wang, so don’t tell em.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, joffer said:

This place is restricted Wang, so don’t tell em.

Okay fine. 

19 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

Oh my.  

Apparently Mr. Moore was taken in by that crafty devil Sacha Baron Cohen.  

Seriously.  What's with extreme Republicans incorrectly capitalizing words? I get that they're doing it to stress that word or phrase, but come on.  This isn't 'Nam, there are rules. 

18 minutes ago, Zow said:

Seriously.  What's with extreme Republicans incorrectly capitalizing words? I get that they're doing it to stress that word or phrase, but come on.  This isn't 'Nam, there are rules. 

I assume it’s like civil defense lawyers who capitalize “Court”