What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Repair/Recover SD Card (1 Viewer)

Polish Hammer

made of glass
Just got back from a great vacation with the family.  While we were on it my son had an issue with his camera.  For about the first 10 days the camera was working with no problem.  All of a sudden one day he tried to turn the camera on and kept getting a spinning hourglass while it was reading the card.  Then I'm pretty sure he got impatient and popped the card out while it was being read (he's 9, and won't admit it but won't say if anything else happened).  Now it says the card can't be read at all and needs to be reformatted.  I'm wondering if anybody knows of any methods or programs that might be available for me to try and repair the card and/or recover the stuff that was on there before I go that route.  I'd like to be able to save any of his pictures/memories from the trip if possible.

I've had similar issues in the past. I know its possible to recover the data. Its been too long since I did this and I am not going to remember the name(s) of the tool(s) that I used.

This is a decent starting point.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-recover-deleted-photos-from-a-memory-card/

The important thing is to not use the card for any more writing. (Assuming its even possible). The only use of the card should be to get the data off, first and foremost. After you've saved what you can, you can then start the process of trying to write new data. I'm guessing you'll need to "format" it again.

This happened to me once. I downloaded four or five different SD recovery programs. 3 didn't work at all, 1 worked but would only let me recover the pictures if I bought the full version of the program, and 1 finally worked and I was able to recover all of the pictures.

This happened to me once. I downloaded four or five different SD recovery programs. 3 didn't work at all, 1 worked but would only let me recover the pictures if I bought the full version of the program, and 1 finally worked and I was able to recover all of the pictures.
Do you remember the one that worked?

I've had similar issues in the past. I know its possible to recover the data. Its been too long since I did this and I am not going to remember the name(s) of the tool(s) that I used.

This is a decent starting point.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-recover-deleted-photos-from-a-memory-card/

The important thing is to not use the card for any more writing. (Assuming its even possible). The only use of the card should be to get the data off, first and foremost. After you've saved what you can, you can then start the process of trying to write new data. I'm guessing you'll need to "format" it again.
Thank you.

The procedure is top secret.  I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.
Do you have to kill me immediately, or can we schedule something for about 50 years from now?

I did this once with some program, sorry not sure which one, it was a good 5-7 years ago, but it did work and I recovered the pics.  Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread