Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Slapdash

2017 Streaming Defenses

Recommended Posts

NO vs Hundley has to be the play this week, no?   They have been playing lights out and rivaling jax with the turnovers.  Hundley should be a deer in headlights vs NO.  I agree, hard to trust, but at this pt it’s foolish to overlook what they have done in their last 3 games.  Complete domination.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lions defense, who is #2 in scoring in my league, has a pretty great schedule ROS after the bye and they have scored double digits every game except one

8vs Steelers

9at Packers

10vs Browns

11at Bears

12vs Vikings

13at Ravens

14at Buccaneers

15vs Bears

16at Bengals

Edited by shadyridr
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shadyridr said:

Lions defense, who is #2 in scoring in my league, has a pretty great schedule ROS after the bye and they have scored double digits every game except one

Yep. Shark move to to nab them before waivers run but I would have to drop someone I don't want to. May just go in for 25% of my FAAB to ensure I get them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MIN was dropped by a team in one of my leagues; with BAL & CLE coming up, they need to be added, right?

i’ve been rolling with BAL’s defense as that appears to be their best offense, but are they worth holding over MIN?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oddsbodkins said:

Opted for BUF at home, most likely, against Fitz. NO is still there but GB at home is scary, AR or not.

Went through the exact same thought process. I originally had NO first in my waiver priority, then switched to Buffalo. I just think they're a better defense.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2017 at 9:27 PM, SameSongNDance said:

You have to go with ATL with Beasley back vs. Cutler without Parker. I think it's going to be a #### show.

I thought so too. I'm not having any luck streaming this yr at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

I thought so too. I'm not having any luck streaming this yr at all

It's almost like you just have to think the opposite of what seems logical, the NFL is so unpredictable. ATL home to Miami and facing Cutler, DEF start of the week surely? Nope. Giants in Denver, with all their receivers hurt, they're going to get stomped right? Nope. Give up trying to guess what is going to happen in this league, hardly ever makes sense.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometime in the next 3 weeks (BYE, PIT, @GB), grab Detroit. Yes, the team that gave up 52 to the Saints - 28 of which were pick 6s or recovered fumbles from the generous highest paid player in the NFL. Even with the standard (-4) for +35 points allowed, they racked up the 7th most points - 3 turnovers, pick 6 TD, and if you have DST, their 2nd PR TD, plus forced five 3 & outs. Those guys can ball & finish with a nice stretch of matchups starting Week 10:

CLE

@CHI

MIN

@BAL

@TB

CHI

@CIN

GB

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BobbyLayne said:

Sometime in the next 3 weeks (BYE, PIT, @GB), grab Detroit. Yes, the team that gave up 52 to the Saints - 28 of which were pick 6s or recovered fumbles from the generous highest paid player in the NFL. Even with the standard (-4) for +35 points allowed, they racked up the 7th most points - 3 turnovers, pick 6 TD, and if you have DST, their 2nd PR TD, plus forced five 3 & outs. Those guys can ball & finish with a nice stretch of matchups starting Week 10:

CLE

@CHI

MIN

@BAL

@TB

CHI

@CIN

GB

 Wow I didn't say the exact same thing a few posts up

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, The Frankman said:

Dallas on the road against the 49ers with a rookie QB should be a decent play.

Vegas loves them as well if that factors into your decision making.

My Top 3 in one of my leagues where there's little available are:

1. Cowboys (bad D but great matchup vs. rookie QB for bad offense)

2. Chargers (Siemian has been worse on the road and Denver O down a key weapon without Sanders) 

3. Saints (playing great and no Rodgers but still not completely convinced they are for real though last 3 games very impressive)

Edited by packersfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have BAL and don't love their @MIN matchup, but it's a shallow bench league so I'll take my medicine this week. The Ravens have a nice schedule RoS, but struggled against the only two semi-competent offenses they faced (looking solely at FFPA to DT) in the Jax Wembley game and PIT. Hopefully I can take my own advice and pick up the Lions before the Ravens Week 10 bye, but have a few more to cover (4 spots Week 9.)

I'm inclined to think the Chargers pass rush will give the Broncos trouble with Sanders out and DT playing hurt.

TEN @CLE is every expert's top pick this week. I get it, both Kizer and Hogan are turnover machines, they got nothing positive going on besides DJJ and Njoku. Makes sense on paper. I'm not sure I'd start the Titans DT if they were playing Rutgers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 4th&inches said:

MIN was dropped by a team in one of my leagues; with BAL & CLE coming up, they need to be added, right?

i’ve been rolling with BAL’s defense as that appears to be their best offense, but are they worth holding over MIN?

Minny seems like one of the safer picks this week if they are still there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Minny seems like one of the safer picks this week if they are still there.

Minn dropped in my league too. Like you I like the next 2 weeks.

But I have New Orleans and Green Bay, Chicago, and Tampa Bay are tempting starts 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, oddsbodkins said:

Opted for BUF at home, most likely, against Fitz. NO is still there but GB at home is scary, AR or not.

Have both Bills and Saints and leaning BUF more for this reason. I think Hundley isn’t as green as most think and can do a fair job directing the offense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Presumably people are assuming JAX are unavailable in leagues ? I have NO in just now but yeah JAX are sitting there to be scooped up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TartanLion said:

Presumably people are assuming JAX are unavailable in leagues ? I have NO in just now but yeah JAX are sitting there to be scooped up 

Owned in 97% of CBS leagues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Have both Bills and Saints and leaning BUF more for this reason. I think Hundley isn’t as green as most think and can do a fair job directing the offense.

Chose BUF over NO. Bills have been tough at home and TB offense wasn't exactly clicking when Winston was healthy. I'd also think they know Fitz rather well.

I'm leaning towards not believing this whole NO D story. They've been more disruptive for sure, but they are still giving up points and yards. On the road, as a favorite, something seems amiss. Still a lot of weapons in GB, Hundley been in the system a while, and I'd bet McCarthy coaches the crap out of this team this week. I smell upset.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Chose BUF over NO. Bills have been tough at home and TB offense wasn't exactly clicking when Winston was healthy. I'd also think they know Fitz rather well.

 :lmao:

First of all, he last played for them in 2012; they've had four HCs since then. Second of all, what exactly is the top secret scouting report on Fitz? "Position DBs in middle of field and wait for him to throw the ball directly to them"?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zftcg said:

 :lmao:

First of all, he last played for them in 2012; they've had four HCs since then. Second of all, what exactly is the top secret scouting report on Fitz? "Position DBs in middle of field and wait for him to throw the ball directly to them"?

I dunno but Fitz has struggled vs Buffalo in his career

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

I dunno but Fitz has struggled vs Buffalo in his career

Fitz has struggled IN Buffalo in his career.

 

Fitz is not a cold weather QB, this has been the case multiple times the last 4-5 years. I used to have him early in season when he was a Bill and right when it got to late October immediately shopped him. For some reason outside of his own terribleness, he can't get out of his way in cold/bad weather. And if there's high winds... lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I scooped up the Saints while the Bills were still available.  I think they are both good options, but I am just liking the Saints upside right now, and feel they are worth gambling on(they also get a juicy home matchup against Chicago next week).  A comment above mentioned that they are still giving up a bunch of points.  In the last 3 games they allowed: 13 to Carolina(in Carolina), they shutout the Dolphins in London, and while they allowed 38 to Detroit, 14 of the Lions' points came from a punt and INT return.

I think there is a decent chance Hundley outperforms a lot of people's expectations, but I think there is also a good chance that he tosses a few INTs and that the Saints D can take advantage of the Packers o-line that is dealing with several injuries.

 Also a comment mentioned Fitz's struggles against Buffalo...I'm not sure how relevant it is, but his 2 games against the Bills last year he was 44 of 64 for 584 yards, 3 TDs and 0 INTs.  Passer ratings of 116.5 and 109.  I'm not saying he won't suck(it's very possible he does, and the Bills D has a great game), just throwing a counter-argument to the idea that he always struggles against Buffalo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

27 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

I dunno but Fitz has struggled vs Buffalo in his career

FTFY

11 minutes ago, The Frankman said:

Fitz is not a cold weather QB, this has been the case multiple times the last 4-5 years. I used to have him early in season when he was a Bill and right when it got to late October immediately shopped him. For some reason outside of his own terribleness, he can't get out of his way in cold/bad weather. And if there's high winds... lol.

That's odd, because I could have sworn I heard somewhere that he went to college up in Boston. Well, not Boston exactly, but the city right next to Boston ... 

If only announcers would ever bother to mention where Fitz went to college, I feel like we might have more insight on this issue. But alas, it will remain a complete mystery. :lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going with the Bills in one league where yardage and points allowed are counted along with turnovers/sacks/tds - they seem to be a legitimate IRL NFL defense and are playing at home.  They have scored double digit points every week in this league and have held every opponent under 20 points.  The get OAK and @NYJ the next two weeks and they get IND and MIA at home in week 14 and 15 -- I'm hoping to keep them for a while.

I'm going with NO in the other league that only counts sacks/turnovers/tds so I'm not worried about GB putting up points if that should occur.  Plus, as mentioned, they get CHI in the dome next week.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, zftcg said:

 

FTFY

That's odd, because I could have sworn I heard somewhere that he went to college up in Boston. Well, not Boston exactly, but the city right next to Boston ... 

If only announcers would ever bother to mention where Fitz went to college, I feel like we might have more insight on this issue. But alas, it will remain a complete mystery. :lol:

Yeah maybe it has to do with some mystical connection he had at that college, can't for the life of me remember the name... maybe it was Borchmore College.

Edited by The Frankman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is DEN still a set and forget DEF?  I grabbed them for last week, and the ROS schedule isn't too bad - if you can get past the KC/PHI/NE trio from wks 8-10.  They end with Mia/NYJ/Ind/Was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thinking about dropping Baltimore for New Orleans.  Is that crazy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, need2know said:

Thinking about dropping Baltimore for New Orleans.  Is that crazy?

:unsure:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leaning towards holding BUF and dropping NO on Sat to prevent anyone else benefiting from them given the one day a dropped FA needs to be on waivers.

Agree that while they are definitely hot and deserve to be talked about, their historical record on the road isn’t stellar and I think GB will be ok if not great with Hundley.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vikings are a problematic matchup for Ravens DT holders. I don’t have room to carry two (in a couple weeks I’ll DET as I like the schedule for both.)

Available:

TEN (amazingly good matchup but lousy all yr)

LAC v. DEN

NYG v. SEA

PHI v. WAS

NO @ GB

I’m holding, I know @ MIN is not going to give me much but I’m heavily favored against an 0-6 team (DRAFT: DJ - Dez - Amari - Reed - Edelman = CHAMPIONSHIP.) I’ll take my lumps, I’m a believer they have righted the ship.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

:unsure:

 

Yeah I know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2017 at 0:33 PM, Peak said:

Is DEN still a set and forget DEF?  I grabbed them for last week, and the ROS schedule isn't too bad - if you can get past the KC/PHI/NE trio from wks 8-10.  They end with Mia/NYJ/Ind/Was.

I'd like to know as well.  They are solidly average now, besides schedule are there any reasons why they'll improve? Important players coming back from injury?

Edited by TheAssassin
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2017 at 8:04 AM, TartanLion said:

Presumably people are assuming JAX are unavailable in leagues ? I have NO in just now but yeah JAX are sitting there to be scooped up 

they are owned in 96.5% of ESPN leagues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On October 20, 2017 at 2:45 AM, need2know said:

Thinking about dropping Baltimore for New Orleans.  Is that crazy?

Did that. Now pooping my pants about it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2017 at 4:38 PM, TheAssassin said:

I'd like to know as well.  They are solidly average now, besides schedule are there any reasons why they'll improve? Important players coming back from injury?

Shane Ray will return soon and will provide the pass rush opposite Von Miller.  I think DEN is still a "set and forget" DST. The CB's are still shut-down and the pass rush will be furious (teams wont be able to doubleteam Von Miller on most plays).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Titans have had two solid weeks after starting the year quite poor. They have a nice matchup this week against the browns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone dropped the Lions on their bye so I pounced. I don’t think they will sustain the current level at which they’ve been generating TOs and INTs, but they play opportunistically and have a great secondary so I think they have Top 5 upside.

Paired them with the Bills, and they seem to complement each other.

To get the Lions I dropped NO. Figure the Bills can get to Jameis and maintain a solid if unspectacular floor, and while the Saints are the hot hand and have a good matchup, at least no one can use NO for the weekend.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CaptainJT said:

Shane Ray will return soon and will provide the pass rush opposite Von Miller.  I think DEN is still a "set and forget" DST. The CB's are still shut-down and the pass rush will be furious (teams wont be able to doubleteam Von Miller on most plays).

Thanks, just the info I was looking for.  I have Jax/Den/Bal Ds, I know its weird carrying 3 but I can play a top 5 D vs a bottom 5 O every week.  Didn't know about Shane Ray, thanks!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.