What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 Streaming Defenses (1 Viewer)

Baltimore!!!!!!  Thanks for the 41 points on the streamer!
Just curious about that botched offensive hand off between Mallett and Allen that was recovered by Moore for a TD in the end zone. No change of possession. That should not be credited as a defensive TD fumble recovery? I see NFL.com gave BAL D 6 points for that???

Glad I kept Baltimore def
:hifive:

Here’s some quality 20-20 hindsight:

3 G Versus Top 12 offenses (fewest FFPA to DT) - 2.00 PPG

1 G Versus Neutral offense (11-20 FFPA) - 16.75

4 G Versus bottom 10 offense (most FFPA to DT - 28.94 PPG, low of 20.50 to high 40.75

Remaining schedule:

RED - Week 10 bye, Week 14 @ PIT

YELLOW - Week 9 @ TEN, Week 11 @ GB, Week 12 Hou

GREEN - Week 13 DET, Week 15 @ CLE, Week 16 IND

Last two are the two most generous offenses in terms of FFPA to DT.

Since they have struggled against competent offenses, might pair them with GB. The Packers have good matchups the next 3 Welsh and CLE Week 14.

Kept Det for potential hold ROS, and pairing them with Cincy this weekend, dropping BUF to do so. I actually think the BUF D can turn in some great performances down the stretch, especially playing MIA and NYJ in future games. So may look to repair them with DET after this weekend.
I like that BUF/DET combo a lot. Both are gone now but I almost did that a few weeks back.

Started Baltimore in one league 

but had Baltimore start against me in the league I care about most. Can't win sometimes even when you do win ! 

Rolling with Philly in that second one, at home, good D, dunno think they could demolish 49ers and if they get ahead will lead to some turnovers 

Man, Ive been horrible at this. I just checked and realize I have 34 total points from my defense ALL year. Incredible. This week I am rolling with Minny in London vs CLE and then ROS I have Detroit stashed. So avoid them.

:hifive:

Here’s some quality 20-20 hindsight:

3 G Versus Top 12 offenses (fewest FFPA to DT) - 2.00 PPG

1 G Versus Neutral offense (11-20 FFPA) - 16.75

4 G Versus bottom 10 offense (most FFPA to DT - 28.94 PPG, low of 20.50 to high 40.75

Remaining schedule:

RED - Week 10 bye, Week 14 @ PIT

YELLOW - Week 9 @ TEN, Week 11 @ GB, Week 12 Hou

GREEN - Week 13 DET, Week 15 @ CLE, Week 16 IND

Last two are the two most generous offenses in terms of FFPA to DT.

Since they have struggled against competent offenses, might pair them with GB. The Packers have good matchups the next 3 Welsh and CLE Week 14.
It was a win lose for me.  I have them in one money league.  Went against them in another.   :unsure:

Anyone still bullish on Houston the rest of the way? I can get them for nothing and pair with DET ROS. They've had 2 duds but have been pretty great otherwise.

Anyone still bullish on Houston the rest of the way? I can get them for nothing and pair with DET ROS. They've had 2 duds but have been pretty great otherwise.
Absolutely. Have them paired with the Vikings the rest of the way.

Houston has a pretty great schedule as well, especially since it doesn't look like Luck is going to play anytime soon.

That Miami couldn't eek out a decent day against such a ####ty offense with their backup QB in for most of the night does not bode well for them going forward. 

So Miami defense is being listed as giving up 22 points on espn versus 28 on Yahoo. I'm assuming this is because of the offensive fumble recovery td for Baltimore. Does anyone know if either site will make a scoring adjustment or do they just have different settings?

I would assume that the touchdown would count against Miami's defense as Yahoo has it because it was the Baltimore O scoring on the Miami D. And possession never changed so none of that offense becomes defense stuff applies.

Hopefully I don't have to check this thread anymore.  Was able to pick up both Detroit and Philly after they were dropped last week.  SF, Den, Cle, @Chi, Chi looks like a nice combo the next 5 weeks.  In weeks 13-16 though they both have 3 of their last 4 on road.  Already eyeing SD vs Cle in week 13.

Hopefully I don't have to check this thread anymore.  Was able to pick up both Detroit and Philly after they were dropped last week.  SF, Den, Cle, @Chi, Chi looks like a nice combo the next 5 weeks.  In weeks 13-16 though they both have 3 of their last 4 on road.  Already eyeing SD vs Cle in week 13.
You will have to.

The entire landscape changes every three weeks.

Up becomes down. Black becomes white.

Was able to get Pittsburgh in a trade and pick up Houston off WW. Good luck the rest of the way my friends... this is always my favorite thread of the year but it was time for me to get off the ride.

I have Cincy going against the Colts this week and Detroit on my bench. Pittsburgh is actually sitting there available. I'm thinking about grabbing them, dropping Cincy, and rolling with the Lions and Steelers the rest of the way. I know the Bengals matchup is awesome, but the Lions tend to give up some points to defenses themselves. Thoughts? I don't think I can wait long before someone notices the Steelers are still out there.

Was able to get Pittsburgh in a trade and pick up Houston off WW. Good luck the rest of the way my friends... this is always my favorite thread of the year but it was time for me to get off the ride.
I have them both as well. I am feeling good there rest of season. 

I have Cincy going against the Colts this week and Detroit on my bench. Pittsburgh is actually sitting there available. I'm thinking about grabbing them, dropping Cincy, and rolling with the Lions and Steelers the rest of the way. I know the Bengals matchup is awesome, but the Lions tend to give up some points to defenses themselves. Thoughts? I don't think I can wait long before someone notices the Steelers are still out there.
I think the Steelers are good play. The Lions have been turning the ball over a lot lately. 

CIN got dropped (for the Saints, which is curious) - might put in a small bid to swap them out with the Pack. Going for a Ravens + XXX combo RoS, and the Bengals schedule dovetails nicely with BAL. 

The Bears D has been doing well lately and have a favorable remaining schedule which includes the Packers, 49ers, browns and Lions twice (who can't seem to protect Stafford).   This week against the Saints is a tough one, but a lot of good matchups after that. 

kyoun1e said:
The only way the TB D is a fantasy factor is if the forecasted wind blows the ball right into the hands of the defensive backs.
Playing sCam Newton, it's more likely the wind blows the ball into the 15th row instead of the 3rd row.
Carolina is a better play vs Winston. He's terrible.

Thank you Matt Moore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is nobody talking about Detroit as a rest of season play? 46% owned in Yahoo, double digit points every week but 1 and after this week has:

@GB (Hundley is a joke)

vs. CLE

@CHI

vs. MIN

@BAL

@TB (playoffs)

vs. CHI (playoffs)

@CIN (championship)

That is 3 solid weeks in a row starting next week, followed by 2 ok match ups, 1 that I wouldn't start them for, and 2 bunnies to end the year. Snap them up if you can, I know I did.

Why is nobody talking about Detroit as a rest of season play? 46% owned in Yahoo, double digit points every week but 1 and after this week has:

@GB (Hundley is a joke)

vs. CLE

@CHI

vs. MIN

@BAL

@TB (playoffs)

vs. CHI (playoffs)

@CIN (championship)

That is 3 solid weeks in a row starting next week, followed by 2 ok match ups, 1 that I wouldn't start them for, and 2 bunnies to end the year. Snap them up if you can, I know I did.
Good schedule. Still not convinced they're any good though.

Good schedule. Still not convinced they're any good though.
What would it take to convince you? They have finished 6th, 2nd, 5th, 7th, dud, and 6th weekly throughout the season and are 4th overall on the season with their bye already taken. I'm not saying they are going to go all Jacksonville on you and win you your week but they feel like a lock as a top 5 finisher that just keeps putting up consistent above average numbers. 

How much would you guys give up to get Jax D? 
FAAB? 5%

Trade wise? Jared Cook

Here’s the thing...what you really want to ask is what value would be a player of equivalent production? So if you’re trying to build a trade to acquire AB or Bell  it’s everything and the kitchen sink, so long as you can stil field a competitive remaining lineup - because you’re getting a player for whom there is no equivalency. But for the Jax D, you can find that every week on the wire by streaming, or finding the right 2nd half combo to form a subcommittee.

I’ve used 6 DSTs this season and have gotten 131.50 points through 8 weeks; in our format, it’s BAL - 139.00, JAC - 137.50, LAR - 112.50. Just pay attention to FFPA to DT, you’ll do fine.

The Jags may not maintain this pace - they have a combined sack/turnover total of 49, which is 13 more than the 2nd highest Ravens (who have a game in hand) - but I think they’ll be at or close to #1 RoS. But their equivalency value over other positions is super low for a reason. Making a move for them is unlikely to key your championship run. There’s a temptation to do it, because we all want to have set it and forget it starters, but it’s not a sound enough strategic move to give up genuine value.

@GB (Hundley is a joke)

vs. CLE

@CHI

vs. MIN

@BAL

@TB (playoffs)

vs. CHI (playoffs)

@CIN (championship)

I’d call this a middling schedule, not a cupcake one.

GB, MIN, TB, and CIN all can put points on the board, BAL and CHI seem to be on the upswing.

It’s favorable, but I am not sure it’s trustworthy.

Those are all bottom barrel offenses except TB
Disagree. GB and BAL, along with TB, are in top half of the league in points per game, with MIN just outside the Top 16 (19th). 

CIN started horribly but have incredible talent and the Red Rocket looks to be initiating a new booster stage - this is a team that can score. CHI hasn’t been a high powered offense but Howard has been amazing, Trubisky’s getting through his learning curve and looking better each week, and I don’t think they are the same automatic juicy matchup for an D as opposed to the IND, CLE, SF, and the Giants have been.

Disagree. GB and BAL, along with TB, are in top half of the league in points per game, with MIN just outside the Top 16 (19th). 

CIN started horribly but have incredible talent and the Red Rocket looks to be initiating a new booster stage - this is a team that can score. CHI hasn’t been a high powered offense but Howard has been amazing, Trubisky’s getting through his learning curve and looking better each week, and I don’t think they are the same automatic juicy matchup for an D as opposed to the IND, CLE, SF, and the Giants have been.
TB is generally not a playable match up, won't argue that one. The others,  definitely going to disagree. BAL is middle of the road at best with some real duds, GB is a mess with Hundley, CIN reliably gives the ball away and CHI is the most predictable offense in the NFL. MIN is a wild card, really depends on who is healthy, but DET put up a solid score against them once this year already. I'll take my shot with them, there will be better match ups but week to week waivers are a crap shoot. They at least will provide consistency

You realize gb lost Rodgers right? Baltimore also has a ton of defensive tds 

Man, Ive been horrible at this. I just checked and realize I have 34 total points from my defense ALL year. Incredible. This week I am rolling with Minny in London vs CLE and then ROS I have Detroit stashed. So avoid them.
This is laughable right now. Min doing nothing vs Cleveland without Joe Thomas

I dropped Demver DST for Saints--which weeks ago would seem like a crazy move. Broncos just not getting it done, and their matchups is week and next against KC and PHI not great at all. Trying to do all I can with my opponent up 33 thanks to the huge game by the Ravens DST.

Users who are viewing this thread