What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 Streaming Defenses (1 Viewer)

I understand the concept or argument that Minnesota is a great real football defense and just a decent fantasy one. I see them ranked as high as #2 and as low as #15, a big swing. Green Bay play conservatively and get beat by 10 or more? Or go after PIT on the road who really haven't done all that much? CHI against the Browns? LA Rams?
I picked up Pitt off of waivers, but KC is out there too.  Chiefs at home are substantially better than away.  Probably same goes for Pitt, being away, but Houston is a dumpster fire.  

Debating between LAC, DET, and DAL.   Wilson was sacked seven times last week.  Something tells me Lawrence may sack him seven times this week by himself. 

Debating between LAC, DET, and DAL.   Wilson was sacked seven times last week.  Something tells me Lawrence may sack him seven times this week by himself. 
Bold move if you start DAL. Was considering going Zeke and DAL D/ST in DFS. Hard to imagine Wilson having another stinker though? I would probably go LAC. I like DET - Yes, I'm a homer since before Super Bowl days. They get there's. Now talk me out of MIN Golden Gopher.

Steeler said:
I decided on WAS v DEN - should do OK no matter who plays QB for DEN but my expectations will go up if P. Lynch gets the start.
Im in the same boat, or I could start Carolina against TB...... but Wash played AZ tough last week and Denvers offense is just terrible right now.

I have the Chiefs and Vikes Defense. I have to pick one for the finals. Im thinking the Chiefs at home vs the Dolphins sounds like the play. I started the Vikings last weekend and it paid off. I tend to agree with Smokin'. Green Bay plays conservative at home. Vikings are not as hungry as the Chiefs since they clinched. Chiefs control their destiny and are at home for a must win. Im leaning towards Chiefs Def this weekend.  :loco:

Bold move if you start DAL. Was considering going Zeke and DAL D/ST in DFS. Hard to imagine Wilson having another stinker though? I would probably go LAC. I like DET - Yes, I'm a homer since before Super Bowl days. They get there's. Now talk me out of MIN Golden Gopher.
Well, if you’re looking for a reason to not start MIN, here are a couple.  First, they’ve largely been a bend but don’t break unit this year.  Very few big plays (the TD against CIN seemed like the first all year).  Maybe that was the start of something.... I don’t know.  Either way, MIN has definitely been a prime example of a defense that is much better in reality than they are in fantasy this year, especially compared to last year.

Secondly, they’re playing GB at Lambeau.  And nobody wants to spoil MIN’s chances of possibly pulling off the number one seed more than the Pack and their fans.  So even without Rodgers and Adams, I expect GB to be amped and ready to go for this one.  A Saturday night kickoff gives this matchup the feel of a first-round playoff game.  It’s basically a must-win for MIN, if they want any chance at home field throughout.  And, for the Pack, this is basically their SB this year.  

That said, I think MIN is easily a top ten option this week, and probably closer to top five. 

What are are your other options?

Last edited by a moderator:
Steeler said:
I decided on WAS v DEN - should do OK no matter who plays QB for DEN but my expectations will go up if P. Lynch gets the start.
Right now I'm rolling with da Bears, but it's tempting to swap out for the skins. 

The chargers are getting a lot of love everywhere but I don't see it. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't they down a DT, linebacker and the one really good CB that got burned by Hill last week is still gimpy? Plus west coast to east coast and a Jets team that won't lay down. I'm playing Rams over them even though they too are west to east coast. 

My toughest decision is Philly versus Pitt. Like Philly to crush Oakland but who knows????

Well, if you’re looking for a reason to not start MIN, here are a couple.  First, they’ve largely been a bend but don’t break unit this year.  Very few big plays (the TD against CIN seemed like the first all year).  Maybe that was the start of something.... I don’t know.  Either way, MIN has definitely been a prime example of a defense that is much better in reality than they are in fantasy this year, especially compared to last year.

Secondly, they’re playing GB at Lambeau.  And nobody wants to spoil MIN’s chances of possibly pulling off the number one seed more than the Pack and their fans.  So even without Rodgers and Adams, I expect GB to be amped and ready to go for this one.  A Saturday night kickoff gives this matchup the feel of a first-round playoff game.  It’s basically a must-win for MIN, if they want any chance at home field throughout.  And, for the Pack, this is basically their SB this year.  

That said, I think MIN is easily a top ten option this week, and probably closer to top five. 

What are are your other options?
I have MIN plugged as of now. We also play week 17 in this league and MIN gets da Bears. If I drop MIN to pick up any of these then there is no guarantee I can get them back.

CHI, PIT, KC, CAR, PHI, or LAR - all very good options. Or DAL...

Crazy how often I check and ponder these decisions. Some like MIN a lot, and some have them around 12-15 this week. Yes, they finally scored a defensive TD last week and Zimmer acknowledged that and yes, perhaps it's a sign for more to come. I just sense that MIN will crush the Pack while many see it a close game. I mean Hundley, no Adams, and relying on Williams and Jones to establish a ground game against that defense? I see it MIN 27 - GB 17. I want picks, sacks, fumbles, and defensive scores - lol. 

I’ve got to decide from

Redskins

Rams

Chargers

Leaning Rams right now. Mariota’s been turning the ball over and not running much. Probably can’t go wrong with the Redskins either with Denver offense being anemic right now. What do you guys say? 

Last edited by a moderator:
DAL was a juicy D to play against not too long ago. Are we really going to test Russell in the championship game?

Users who are viewing this thread