What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PPR rank these wr (1 Viewer)

I'd go Hill, Jeffery, Crabtree, Adams

Option #1's over option #2's in their respective offenses.  Never was a fan of any of these guys really though so they'd all be lower on my board than most others.

They are all similar in value, so it depends on what you want.

By upside.....Hill, Jeffery, Crabtree, Adams.....same as Zyphros.   Adams needs Jordy or Cobb or Bennett to go down for his upside to be realized.  Hill will be the #1 target in KC and can take it to the house on any given play.  Jeffery will also be the #1 target in PHI.  Crabtree is solid but Cooper limits his upside.

By safety.....Crabtree, Jeffery, Adams, Hill.  Crabtree should be pretty consistent on a weekly basis.  Jeffery should also get a consistent share of targets.  Adams and Hill will depend more on gameplan and gameflow.  KC will have weeks where they run the ball a lot, and GB will have weeks where they are targeting Cobb, Nelson or even Bennett due to the favorable matchup.

Since in this range I prefer upside to safety, I will agree with Zyphros and rank them Hill, Jeffery, Crabtree, and Adams.

They are all similar in value, so it depends on what you want.

By upside.....Hill, Jeffery, Crabtree, Adams.....same as Zyphros.   Adams needs Jordy or Cobb or Bennett to go down for his upside to be realized.  Hill will be the #1 target in KC and can take it to the house on any given play.  Jeffery will also be the #1 target in PHI.  Crabtree is solid but Cooper limits his upside.

By safety.....Crabtree, Jeffery, Adams, Hill.  Crabtree should be pretty consistent on a weekly basis.  Jeffery should also get a consistent share of targets.  Adams and Hill will depend more on gameplan and gameflow.  KC will have weeks where they run the ball a lot, and GB will have weeks where they are targeting Cobb, Nelson or even Bennett due to the favorable matchup.

Since in this range I prefer upside to safety, I will agree with Zyphros and rank them Hill, Jeffery, Crabtree, and Adams.
Nice thanks.

Been targeting hill over all of them but lately I have been thinking about Jeffery over hill.  It's close

I am in the same general belief of the other responses, however I would have Jeffrey further down mainly because of injury history.  He sucks to own when he is questionable every week and you never know if he will finish a game due to hammie problems.  Soft tissue injuries suck to deal with as you never know how long or if they will play.

I really like HIll and think he will live up to the potential this year as the #1 guy.  He is a great route runner and can take any touch to the endzone.  His upside is too good to pass up if given the choice of these wr's.  After that I would go with Crabtree.  He does have to compete with Cooper but I think he has more of Carr's trust and will continue to be more of a redzone target.  I don't think Cooper hurts him at all.  He is by far the safest of the bunch.  After that it would be a toss up for me as Adams is so TD dependent and I am not sure if he can repeat last year's TD's.  I probably would take the chance with Jeffrey and put Adams 4th.   

I am in the same general belief of the other responses, however I would have Jeffrey further down mainly because of injury history.  He sucks to own when he is questionable every week and you never know if he will finish a game due to hammie problems.  Soft tissue injuries suck to deal with as you never know how long or if they will play.

I really like HIll and think he will live up to the potential this year as the #1 guy.  He is a great route runner and can take any touch to the endzone.  His upside is too good to pass up if given the choice of these wr's.  After that I would go with Crabtree.  He does have to compete with Cooper but I think he has more of Carr's trust and will continue to be more of a redzone target.  I don't think Cooper hurts him at all.  He is by far the safest of the bunch.  After that it would be a toss up for me as Adams is so TD dependent and I am not sure if he can repeat last year's TD's.  I probably would take the chance with Jeffrey and put Adams 4th.   
Yeah I would love hill as my wr2 as I believe he's a top ten wr this year

We also get all the rtn stats but I know those should be less this year

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah Jeffery does carry significant risk.  But at the WR20 range where these guys are drafted, I want a guy that could finish in the top 10.....if I have a choice.   Crabtree in OAK only averages about 11 yards a catch, which severely limits his upside.  He needs 90+ catches and 10 or so TDs get a top 10 WR finish.  To me he's pretty much a possession receiver that is pretty good in the redzone.  Crabtree's risk is that Cooper really takes it to the next level.

I'd go:

Jeffery(I kinda feel like he just needed to get off the Bears, has best track record and possibly highest ceiling)

Hill(Alex Smith limits his ceiling, and he was very big play dependent, high risk/reward)

Adams(Seems highly unlikely to score so many TDs again, especially with Cobb healthy and Bennett added)

Crabtree(has a Roddy White to Julio Jones feel to me, where Cooper at any moment could just leave him in the dust)

I'd go:

Jeffery(I kinda feel like he just needed to get off the Bears, has best track record and possibly highest ceiling)

Hill(Alex Smith limits his ceiling, and he was very big play dependent, high risk/reward)

Adams(Seems highly unlikely to score so many TDs again, especially with Cobb healthy and Bennett added)

Crabtree(has a Roddy White to Julio Jones feel to me, where Cooper at any moment could just leave him in the dust)
Good analysis

Yeah Jeffery does carry significant risk.  But at the WR20 range where these guys are drafted, I want a guy that could finish in the top 10.....if I have a choice.   Crabtree in OAK only averages about 11 yards a catch, which severely limits his upside.  He needs 90+ catches and 10 or so TDs get a top 10 WR finish.  To me he's pretty much a possession receiver that is pretty good in the redzone.  Crabtree's risk is that Cooper really takes it to the next level.
I agree somewhat but generally I want my WR2 be more high floor.  There are plenty of high upside WR's that can be drafted later than these guys or even pair Jeffrey or a Hopkins or Watkins type with Crabtree.  That is my ideal situation.  You get the upside guy and the high floor guy so you should be solid weekly with the potential for the huge week. 

Users who are viewing this thread