What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keep M. Gordon in 3rd or Gurley in the 6th (2 Viewers)

smogroller

Footballguy
I'm leaning Gordon but the value for Gurley seems better.  Also I would be able to keep him again the  next year for a 4th round pick.

I would just keep Gordon.  Gurley is a better value and you could keep him next year but there is always a chance that Gurley isn't the RB we thought he would be and you wouldn't want to keep him anyway for a 4th rounder.  In a keep 1 league, it's essentially a redraft league, and it isn't difficult to find a new keeper, so I would keep the best player and that's Gordon.

I disagree with fightingillini, but I am a bit less risk averse.  I think that Gurley will return to form this year with Goff being in his second year and the acquisition of Sammy Watkins.  I would go with Gurley and the value.

Gordon seems to be the better prospect but he has had more injuries and has only had one good year.  He should be the guy and dominate touches but so should Gurley.  I think this is a very close pickem at this point and wouldn't fault you for going either way.  I think I would lean towards Gurley (but I believe he bounces back and will a high end RB2 at worst with a chance to be in the top 10 RB's.  I think it is worth the risk.  

Gurley is going off 18th and Gordon at 8th.  Gurley is the better value, and I could keep him another year after that (if he goes off).  

thanks for mine, i would possibly take the plunge again this year with gurley for the 6th round keeper. im a believer in his talent

I'm leaning Gordon but the value for Gurley seems better.  Also I would be able to keep him again the  next year for a 4th round pick.
Not sure your league or draft format, but I'd focus solely on this season and not next year's value mainly because Gurley hasn't given any reason to think you'd want him next year. 

Just using the current Top 300 list, Gordon is RB5 and a 1st round pick that you're getting in round 3.  Gurley is RB11 and a 2nd/3rd round pick you're getting in the 6th.  If you keep Gordon, you're giving yourself the equivalent of 2 first rounders this year, and can afford to either lock down 2 top RBs or have a RB1 and another tier 1 player.  Yes, you miss out on the 3rd round and will watch a lot of quality players pass before you pick again, but I would trade a 3 for a 1 in any draft format.  And I'd rather trade a 3 for a 1 instead of a 6 for a 2/3.  

Gordon. Rams can't get out of their own way. Gordon will be in a more productive offense (and more immediately to boot) which will help him to be a better contributor. 

Gurley may be the better upside player of the two due to pedigree, but there's also the chance that playing in a bad offense could hinder Gurley's development as a player. 

Gotdon may have a lower ceiling, but his upside is still as a RB1. 

Users who are viewing this thread