What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ezekiel Elliot in 12 team keeper league. (1 Viewer)

blutopks

Footballguy
So I am in a 12 Team keeper league, full point PPR, superflex with 2 RB slots, 3 WR slots, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, K and D/ST 1 each, 18 player roster total +2 IR slots. We can keep 3 players from the previous year, where they were drafted and kept a second time, for a 2 rd upcharge (If drafted in 3rd rd, can be kept once for 3rd rd, second time would be a 1st rd). I also select 5th in the draft. 

I am already keeping Dak Prescott in 14th Rd and Michael Thomas in 8th Rd.

My question is should I keep Zeke in 1st Rd so I can keep him again next year and try and get McFadden or should I keep Tyrell Williams or Hunter Henry for 18th Rd pick?

I could also keep TY Hilton for 2nd rd pick, Big Ben 3rd rd, or Sterling Shepard 7th rd.

Players not being kept by other teams (because they've been kept twice already and go back into draft) are Antonio Brown, OBJ, Mike Evans, Jordy, LeSean McCoy, Melvin Gordon, A Luck, D Thomas, Russell Wilson.

It's safe to assume since I pick 5th, I will be able to get one of these guys, I am guessing the four ahead of me will not be keeping anyone for a 1st rd pick.

I wouldn't even consider keeping Elliott. He may not be out of the woods suspension wise, and its no lock he doesn't keep getting in trouble. You can get a player who will help you a lot more this year at #5. 

Roethlisberger is a little tempting for a 3rd rounder being that you can start 2 QB's, but I think Tyrell Williams for an 18th rounder edges him out in my book. 

It's a close decision for me.  I just think that you have a shot at being able to pick up Zeke in the 2nd round if you really wanted him so I would go ahead and take that gamble and keep Williams.  That is good value for a high upside guy that I think has a solid WR2 year.  See what happens in the 1st and 2nd and you may be able to get Zeke in the 2nd round and keep him next year as a 2nd round pick if he keeps his nose clean.

Gally said:
It's a close decision for me.  I just think that you have a shot at being able to pick up Zeke in the 2nd round if you really wanted him so I would go ahead and take that gamble and keep Williams.  That is good value for a high upside guy that I think has a solid WR2 year.  See what happens in the 1st and 2nd and you may be able to get Zeke in the 2nd round and keep him next year as a 2nd round pick if he keeps his nose clean.
If I thought I could get Zeke in the 2nd round, I wouldn't have an issue with this. I've had other owners who draft ahead of me, on their own tell me they would take him in the first round if I didn't keep him. Not sure if it is posturing, but one of them is a rabid Dallas fan who I know would take him with pick 1.08. My biggest concern is that somehow the suspension will get commuted until next year, pending appeals and court hearings, like Brady's did. If it was a lock that he is out six games THIS year, I would definitely go with what you guys are saying. I do appreciate the advice, but doesn't make it any less painful ...

If I thought I could get Zeke in the 2nd round, I wouldn't have an issue with this. I've had other owners who draft ahead of me, on their own tell me they would take him in the first round if I didn't keep him. Not sure if it is posturing, but one of them is a rabid Dallas fan who I know would take him with pick 1.08. My biggest concern is that somehow the suspension will get commuted until next year, pending appeals and court hearings, like Brady's did. If it was a lock that he is out six games THIS year, I would definitely go with what you guys are saying. I do appreciate the advice, but doesn't make it any less painful ...
I think the appeal process for Brady and Zeke will be different because of the reason for the suspension.  I don't know of any domestic violence related suspensions that have had a long delay for the appeals process to where the suspension moves to the following year...especially given the timing of the announcement.  I would be most worried about it carrying into the season for a few games and then the suspension goes into affect for weeks 5-11 or something of that nature. 

Users who are viewing this thread