What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official #7 Pick Thread (PPR) (1 Viewer)

andyk803

Footballguy
12 Team PPR redraft. I think I landed possibly in the worst spot lol

What is everyone else thinking drafting from this spot?

I don't think you can go wrong with Odell or Mike Evans or AJ Green this year and you could get like a Demarco or Zeke with that second and worm around some value RB2s with your 3 and 4. There are way too many good value WRs in the 5 6 7 8th rounds this year to consider two or three early WRs so I would lock one Elite one and then hit RB/TE/QB hard. 

Wouldnt talk you out of gronk in the first... if he is there in the 2nd and you picked an Elite WR1 then you're set.... 

However, I do think this is one of the worst draft spots but this year there are a handful of players in the mid rounds that I believe are going to make seasons. Players like Dalvin Cook or Ty Montgomery could just become RB1s in a PPR so I wouldnt fret on this draft slot. 

Don't sleep on Woodhead

I don't think you can go wrong with Odell or Mike Evans or AJ Green this year and you could get like a Demarco or Zeke with that second and worm around some value RB2s with your 3 and 4. There are way too many good value WRs in the 5 6 7 8th rounds this year to consider two or three early WRs so I would lock one Elite one and then hit RB/TE/QB hard. 

Wouldnt talk you out of gronk in the first... if he is there in the 2nd and you picked an Elite WR1 then you're set.... 

However, I do think this is one of the worst draft spots but this year there are a handful of players in the mid rounds that I believe are going to make seasons. Players like Dalvin Cook or Ty Montgomery could just become RB1s in a PPR so I wouldnt fret on this draft slot. 

Don't sleep on Woodhead
No way Odell is there at 7 in a PPR.  Assuming DJ/Bell/Brown/Julio/ODB are gone, there's really only 6 options for you.  Pick your two favourite and you're gonna get one of them.

Gordon
Mccoy
Freeman
Evans
AJ
Nelson

My 2 favourite would be Evans, then a tie between Freeman and AJ. 

^Usually I would agree but I have seen Odell fall for the likes of Melvin Gordon and Evans to number 7. Doesn't happen a lot but Evans Green and maybe McCoy would be my main targets around that area. 

I agree with Deamon for the most part, its splitting hairs

I have the guy picking last in our league at#12 that is interested in trading up to my #7

What would you guys have to get in a trade that you would be ok with in trading back 5 spots? Or should I stay at#7?

PPRGuy said:
^Usually I would agree but I have seen Odell fall for the likes of Melvin Gordon and Evans to number 7. Doesn't happen a lot but Evans Green and maybe McCoy would be my main targets around that area. 

I agree with Deamon for the most part, its splitting hairs
ODB behind Gordon in PPR?  Crazy.  Likely an outlier though, and can't count on him being there at all.  Obviously if Evans or ODB is there you jump all over that.

I'm so clueless what to do. I think I'll go Freeman in the 1st, Gronk or cooks in the 2nd, cook in the 3rd. I like some 4th round wrs like Adams and hill. 

I have the 6th pick but willing to discuss none the less.  I can't justify taking a RB at 6 or 7.

The mocks look the best when you go RB first and then Gronk or load up on WR's.

I've been tinkering with

Evans at 1.6

Rodgers or Brady at 2.7 (6 pt per TD) - Start QB-R-W-T-F-F-K-D

and then RB in the third and then load up at WR's

I have the 6th pick but willing to discuss none the less.  I can't justify taking a RB at 6 or 7.

The mocks look the best when you go RB first and then Gronk or load up on WR's.

I've been tinkering with

Evans at 1.6

Rodgers or Brady at 2.7 (6 pt per TD) - Start QB-R-W-T-F-F-K-D

and then RB in the third and then load up at WR's
I cant justify having Todd Gurley as my RB1

I cant justify having Todd Gurley as my RB1
Yeah in leagues where you start two RB's I'll agree.

I only need to start one, so am tinkering with whoever PPR I can get.

If you pass on RB in the first then yes you'll have to go Gurley or Ajayi in the 2nd.

It's easier to go Freeman or McCoy in the 1st but you're giving up value off the start.  My DD shows a 30 point swing difference between McCoy and Evans.

Yeah in leagues where you start two RB's I'll agree.

I only need to start one, so am tinkering with whoever PPR I can get.

If you pass on RB in the first then yes you'll have to go Gurley or Ajayi in the 2nd.

It's easier to go Freeman or McCoy in the 1st but you're giving up value off the start.  My DD shows a 30 point swing difference between McCoy and Evans.
If I knew for sure Ajayi would be there in the 2nd I would. But I seriously doubt it especially with a Miami homer with 2 picks between my 1st and my 2nd.

Where do you think Elliott goes?

I think he's only an option if you go RB round 1 as well.
I may consider him in the 2nd but yes only if I took a RB. Also in the 2nd WRs like Dez & Hilton are also available. A Freeman/Hilton combo far outscores an Evans/Gurley combo unless you think Gurley is much better than last year.

Bottom line, the RBs in the 2nd are horrible and the WRs are still really good. This is why I can't justify taking Evans/Green in the 1st.

Just replaced a team in a slow draft and not happy with this slot at all. Partly situational in that 1st pick timed out before I joined and got Evans via ADP. McCoy was still there, which would have set me up much better. Murray went one pick before me, so I ended up with Hilton, hoping for quick healing for Andrew Luck. Elliott went two picks after. I couldn't talk myself into taking him as RB1, I'm doubtful he'll get the six games reduced given all of the other bad behavior reports out there.So, now I have to go mining for undervalued RBs in the next few rounds.I wasn't even going to play this year, so I am playing catch up getting informed.
Definitely grab RB in 1st if you can.

ETA- RBs taken (by pick 2.04):Johnson, Bell, Freeman, McCoy,Gordon, Ajayi,Howard, Gurley, Murray. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just replaced a team in a slow draft and not happy with this slot at all. Partly situational in that 1st pick timed out before I joined and got Evans via ADP. McCoy was still there, which would have set me up much better. Murray went one pick before me, so I ended up with Hilton, hoping for quick healing for Andrew Luck. Elliott went two picks after. I couldn't talk myself into taking him as RB1, I'm doubtful he'll get the six games reduced given all of the other bad behavior reports out there.So, now I have to go mining for undervalued RBs in the next few rounds.I wasn't even going to play this year, so I am playing catch up getting informed.
Definitely grab RB in 1st if you can.

ETA- RBs taken (by pick 2.04):Johnson, Bell, Freeman, McCoy,Gordon, Ajayi,Howard, Gurley, Murray. 
Now with Beckham possibly missing 1-2 games (I pick 6th)

He and Elliott have made the 6th and 7th pick less valuable.

Makes sense.

Four more RBs off the board by 3.07: Cook, Miller, McCaffrey, Crowell (me). This league may be a little more RB heavy than average, but thought it might still be helpful for others to see.

Makes sense.

Four more RBs off the board by 3.07: Cook, Miller, McCaffrey, Crowell (me). This league may be a little more RB heavy than average, but thought it might still be helpful for others to see.
I'm targeting Crowell, Mcaffery, or Cook in the third - then going WR/WR or WR/TE in the first two rounds.  I think that sets me up to take BPA for the next 5 rounds.  

I'm targeting Crowell, Mcaffery, or Cook in the third - then going WR/WR or WR/TE in the first two rounds.  I think that sets me up to take BPA for the next 5 rounds.  
What do you if they aren't there? Chances are at least one other team in your league has the same strategy. 

I feel like it's a reach.  I've been looking at the DD rankings and 95% of RB's i'll be reaching on.

The very few who show value is Powell ranked 52nd and his EDP is 58th

Guys like Gurley, Miller, Fournette, Lynch, Cook, McCaffrey are all 1.5 to 2 rounds lost in value from their rank in the DD compared to the spot they'll most likely go.

It's basically figuring out at what point to "reach" on your RB.

most are doing it in round 1 by grabbing McCoy, Gordon or Freeman - ranked  10,11,12 at 6,7,8

Edit to add.  Crowell is ranked 37th in the DD and his EDP is 31.  So that's not a bad "value" reach.

I feel like it's a reach.  I've been looking at the DD rankings and 95% of RB's i'll be reaching on.

The very few who show value is Powell ranked 52nd and his EDP is 58th

Guys like Gurley, Miller, Fournette, Lynch, Cook, McCaffrey are all 1.5 to 2 rounds lost in value from their rank in the DD compared to the spot they'll most likely go.

It's basically figuring out at what point to "reach" on your RB.

most are doing it in round 1 by grabbing McCoy, Gordon or Freeman - ranked  10,11,12 at 6,7,8

Edit to add.  Crowell is ranked 37th in the DD and his EDP is 31.  So that's not a bad "value" reach.

It's not a reach if you don't believe in DD projections.  If Crowell performs the same as last year he'll be a steal in the mid-third.  Offensive line and defense is improved, the schedule is easier, he has less competition for touches, and Hue Jackson is going to be pounding the rock to take pressure off the QBs.  Crowell is a value pick for me in the third.

I also think Cook is going to beat his projection.  He's a great talent in a good situation.

I have the guy picking last in our league at#12 that is interested in trading up to my #7

What would you guys have to get in a trade that you would be ok with in trading back 5 spots? Or should I stay at#7?

Is OBJ practicing?  I have a feeling he will fall to me in my draft on Wednesday.

High ankle sprains concern me and I'm thinking I'll have to choose between OBJ and someone like evans

I haven't seen any reports of Beckham practicing, though he was tossing balls at the last preseason game. The local media I've heard opine seem to think he'll play Week1, but that is really just informed speculation. 

PPR, 6 Pts all TDs

1QB, 2RB, 3 WR, 1TE, 2 Flex at 7 got

aj greene

ajayi

a Rodgers

montgomery

e sanders

b powell

B marshall

r cobb

theo riddick

hunter henry