What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 rookie draft. (1 Viewer)

msudaisy26

Footballguy
How would your board look right now if your rookie draft was between week 1 of the preseason and week 4? Assume standard scoring with .5 ppr. 

Here is my list. 

Cook

Mixon

Davis

Fournette 

CMac 

Karama

Hunt

Jones

Juju 

Williams

Howard

Galloday 

What do you got?

I haven't change much, if anything (would move Williams down a few spots as backs are tricky)

1. Fournette

2. Cook

3. McCaffrey

4. Davis

5. Mixon

6. Howard

7. Kamara

8. Ross

9. Williams

10. Hunt

11. Jones

12. Perine/Engram

I assume dynasty.

Fournette

McCaffrey

Davis

Mixon

Cook

Williams

Howard

Ross

Njoku

Hunt

Kamara

Jones / Engram

1. McCaffery. I think he might revolutionize the position

2. Davis. Assuming PPR. 

3. Fournette. I still think he could be ADP like

4. Mixon. I think big tier drop here. He has some competition but great measurables. 

5. Cook. I see bust here but no one else standing out

6. Howard. He goes 4 in TE premium leagues. Think his career will be very good but don't expect too much this year

7. Engram. Same as Howard but expect less for career but more this year

8. Williams. It is dynasty and while rough start got to look down the road and will be on roster when rest are long gone

9. Hunt. Has chance to shine now. This years Jordan Howard candidate

10. Kamara, don't like or this year but like talent

11. Ross. Desean ceiling. Good but not great

12. Jones. I think Zay has chance to play

in Te premium give me some Njoku at about 10.

in Superflex or 2 QB start thinking 7 spot. I like Trubisky the best but rest might get top 12 consideration also in this format

Unchanged since I finalized 2 months ago.  The guys I would have moved would of been in that 12-25 range.  All my leagues are 2TE minimum and mostly 2QB so that's what I dictate my rankings on.  

Davis

Fournette

McCaffrey

Howard

Mixon

Williams

Njoku

JuJu

Engram

Watson

Kizer

Foreman

Unchanged since I finalized 2 months ago.  The guys I would have moved would of been in that 12-25 range.  All my leagues are 2TE minimum and mostly 2QB so that's what I dictate my rankings on.  

Davis

Fournette

McCaffrey

Howard

Mixon

Williams

Njoku

JuJu

Engram

Watson

Kizer

Foreman
No Cook? 

Nope.  Not a fan, although I do think he could end up being the most productive in year 1.  

So we've now been through 3 weeks of the preseason.  The dress rehearsal has occurred.  Have your rookie rankings changed?

My dynasty drafts rookies / FAs starting today, after the third week of the preseason has concluded.  I'm curious how these games, training camp, seeing guys on an NFL field with other NFL players, etc. has shaped the wisdom of the crowds regarding rookie rankings.

I think Hunt was a solid #6 on most people's lists. I guess he should be moved up from there with a great opportunity. Ross and Williams slip due to usage concerns and Williams back etc. 

So above one of the top 4 RBs or Davis?
Hunt has moved up my board with the injury to Ware, but I still have him at 6 (still behind the top 4 RBs and Davis).  I would be interested to see which of the top 5 is now being drafted behind Hunt.

Hunt has moved up my board with the injury to Ware, but I still have him at 6 (still behind the top 4 RBs and Davis).  I would be interested to see which of the top 5 is now being drafted behind Hunt.
That was my thinking as well.  Solid #6 pick.  He's over top of all of the TEs, though.

So above one of the top 4 RBs or Davis?
I would say above Davis for a RB - needy team. Davis went #5 in our draft two weeks ago. Hunt would have likely gone there if Ware had been injured. Someone could even put him above one of the top 4 RBs if they preferred him. 

In the draft I referenced above, he just went 1.6

ETA - I took Davis at 1.5, after the 4 RBs were off the board.  But I wanted Davis the whole time as a complete rebuild, so I never gave Hunt a second thought really.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the 1.5 and 1.6 in a rookie draft next week (12 team, non-prr)

Barring some big injury or news, I plan on going last-of-the-top-5 at the 1.5 pick and Hunt at the 1.6. Hunt won't get past me (I also own Ware in that league as my RB3, so I have even more incentive than most, perhaps).  If for some reason someone grabs Hunt at the 1.4 or earlier, I'll gladly grab 2 of the Top 5 guys and walk away smiling.

I have the 1.5 and 1.6 in a rookie draft next week (12 team, non-prr)

Barring some big injury or news, I plan on going last-of-the-top-5 at the 1.5 pick and Hunt at the 1.6. Hunt won't get past me (I also own Ware in that league as my RB3, so I have even more incentive than most, perhaps).  If for some reason someone grabs Hunt at the 1.4 or earlier, I'll gladly grab 2 of the Top 5 guys and walk away smiling.
What makes you so sure Hunt will even get to you?  I'm in a 12 team PPR league with picks 1.01 and 1.02 and I am contemplating going CMc and Hunt.  Hunt looks to be a three down back with excellent pass catching abilities.

10-team (std. scoring) rookie draft over the weekend.

Fournette, Cook, Davis, Mixon, Hunt, McCaffery, Perrine, Kamara, Mike Williams, ?

(Drawing a blank on #10, don't have full draft results handy)

12 team dynasty - 0.5 point PPR - always seems to be RB Heavy

Fournette

Cook

CMC

Hunt

Mixon

Kamara

Davis

Ja Williams

Perine

Mack

Foreman

Joe Williams

12 team, non-ppr, non-TE-mandatory slow draft in progress. Top 13 picks so far.

Only Keep 12, hence Jeffrey in the free agent pool (lazy owners don't push for trades before cut down deadline and a few solid players get dropped instead of traded, even for a cheap draft pick. Anyway...)

1. McCaffrey, Christian CAR RB (R)

2. Cook, Dalvin MIN RB (R)

3. Fournette, Leonard JAC RB (R)

4. Mixon, Joe CIN RB (R)

5. Hunt, Kareem KCC RB (R)

6. Jeffery, Alshon PHI WR

7. Williams, Jamaal GBP RB (R)

8. Kamara, Alvin NOS RB (R)

9. Davis, Corey TEN WR (R)

10. Perine, Samaje WAS RB (R)

11. Jones, Zay BUF WR (R)

12. Williams, Mike LAC WR (R)

13. Ross, John CIN WR (R)

shocked that Davis dropped to 9. Some major RB love in the first round.

I grabbed Mike Williams at 12 and was surprised he was there as well.

Some short-sighted owners in this league.

No Marlon Mack on any of these lists? Great opportunity in Indy's offense as they will be behind all year and he's only behind the aging Frank Gore. Anyone have any insight on why he wouldn't even be mentioned here? Certainly he has more opportunity than Kamara with Ingram and Peterson in front of him?

No Marlon Mack on any of these lists? Great opportunity in Indy's offense as they will be behind all year and he's only behind the aging Frank Gore. Anyone have any insight on why he wouldn't even be mentioned here? Certainly he has more opportunity than Kamara with Ingram and Peterson in front of him?
I am seeing Turbin's name more and more. However recent injury news for Turbin solidifies Mack as the backup to old man Gore.

I'm not worried about Turbin, long term, as he's had multiple shots and never solidified himself as a #1 guy.

Users who are viewing this thread