What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Should I let Antonio Brown walk? (1 Viewer)

Druid Pack

Footballguy
Standard scoring ppr league where passing TD's are six points.  We start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, Flex, Flex.  QB's can't be flexed.  I have a pretty stacked squad from good drafting and some trades.  We can keep four.  My for sure keepers are David Johnson (9th round), Leveon Bell (2nd Round), and Melvin Gordon (5th round).  My plan was to keep Antonio Brown as well, but he'd be my first round pick.  I have the 6th pick, so keeping Antonio Brown makes sense.  However, an owner approached me about his 4th overall pick in the 1st, which would give me two 1st round picks.  The top four players available this year are OBJ, Julio Jones, Mike Evans, and Aaron Rodgers.  I could be wrong, but I'm assuming the WR's go first, leaving me with Rodgers, which isn't so bad, but then I have to wait until the 3rd for my next pick, where WR's will be sketchy.  I could elect to not keep Brown, which frees up that 1st round pick, and assures that I will land one of OBJ, AB, Evans, or Jones.  My best keeper options in that case would be Dez (3rd), Brees (4th), or Keenan Allen (9th). I also have Martavis Bryant in the 19th.    

Should I hang onto Brown and draft whichever of the four fall to me?  If it's one of the receivers, awesome, but if it's Rodgers, I have what will most likely be a top 2 QB.  The top players available aside from those four are in the Gurley/Hopkins range, so there is a big enough drop off that passing on Rodgers would make no sense.  

Or should I keep my three RB's, keep Dez, Brees, or Allen, and pair them with one of those top 4 WR's?  I need help on this one.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I'd keep Brown, unless there is some rule in your league that I am unaware of. Odds are against you of drafting someone better than Brown at the 1.04.

There should be some good QBs that you can draft later in the draft.

Personally I'd keep Brown, unless there is some rule in your league that I am unaware of. Odds are against you of drafting someone better than Brown at the 1.04.

There should be some good QBs that you can draft later in the draft.
I would have two first round picks.  I still have my 6th overall pick, which I can use to keep Brown.  Then the 4th overall pick is there for me to take whoever I want.  If I keep Brown, then I have David Johnson, Bell, Gordon, and Brown, and I take whoever is left from Julio Jones, OBJ, Evans, and Rodgers.  If someone takes Rodgers before 4, awesome.  But if the three WR's go, then I have:

Rodgers, DJ, Bell, Gordon, Brown,

If I don't keep Brown, I'm still guaranteed one of the top 4 WR's (Brown, Beckam, Jones, Evans) but then I keep someone else, most likely Dez or Brees.  Which do you think is better?

Rodgers, DJ, Bell, Gordon, Brown   or     Brees, DJ, Bell, Gordon, AB/Julio/Evans/OBJ    or    DJ, Bell, Gordon, Dez, AB/Julio/Evans/OBJ

I think you are overthinking this a bit. Just keep Brown and lock up the 3 best players in fantasy football, as well as another possible top-5 guy in Gordon.

I would make the trade and keep Brown.  You are making this way too difficult.   
It's kind of what I do.  Thank you all for your responses.  I ended up trading Brees, Martavis Bryant, and Keenan Allen for his 4th overall pick and his 9th overall pick.  I have a pretty good shot at starting the draft with Rodgers, DJ, Bell, Gordon, Brown, and Dez, which is enough to be excited about.  

Users who are viewing this thread