What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Help with some LB Depth! (1 Viewer)

griffin6687

Footballguy
Looking for some bench players in my IDP league, first time posting here and I've found it hard to find a quality IDP board. Curious as to which of these guys have the highest ceiling vs safest floors. None will be starters for me but in BYE weeks and security if my starters get injured. Also any other sleepers you think might be available if these guys are. 

BJ Goodson

Sean Spence

Chandler Jones

Kamalei Correa

Devondre Campbell

Dont'a Hightower

Kevin Minter

Daron Lee

Marquel Lee

Thomas Davis

Thomas Davis needs no introduction but after that....it's BJ Goodson all the way for me. I have him in my dynasty leagues and have since last year draft. He's dedicated to his craft, has investment and I do believe he's now not only earned but will be given a 3-down role as the teams defensive quarterback calling plays. He's got the fire and focus to be a very nice player in this league. Underrated.

Go google some articles about him and read up for yourself.

If it's heavy big play (Sacks) Chandler Jones has high potential and is probably the best play. If it's tackle heavy, then maybe Goodson, I just have very little confidence in Giants LB'ers. 

Not sure he keeps it for three downs, or sees the same assignments as Orr.  I see a bounceback for Mosley rather than Correa just grabbing Orr's production,

Not sure he keeps it for three downs, or sees the same assignments as Orr.  I see a bounceback for Mosley rather than Correa just grabbing Orr's production,
Yep, Correa's been coming off the field in sub packages

As stated earlier....Thomas Davis is the easy #1 choice of those listed. 

It would help to know the scoring system because that will really affect where Chandler Jones slots into the rankings. 

I like Darron Lee as they will give him every opportunity and the Jets will be on the field a lot.  He is really athletic and flies around but sometimes gets caught up in the wash.  Of those listed, I think he has a clear path to opportunities.

Hightower usually has a fairly solid floor but sometimes the Pats switch things up and he disappears. 

I don't mind taking a flier on Correa and see how the season starts out.  There is potential there but if he doesn't get 3 down duty that will hurt a bit.

Just realized Rakim Wilson is available as well, I didnt have him high on my list because of his stats last year missing the first 5 games he was down on the FA list. 

Would he slot in behind Davis?

Davis is for sure a starter - wilson very well could be a decent play 

What are your starting requirements?

Users who are viewing this thread