Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
oldmanhawkins

Bought my wife a Peloton for her birthday

19 minutes ago, oldmanhawkins said:

Look at me!  

How many dots per week should I expect?  

Should I get on this thing?

@Otis

If your wife is as hot as the girl in the commercial, good for you. 

If not, I hope the peloton helps.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, proninja said:

Buying other people exercise equipment in hopes they use it generally isn't a winning strategy, but I wish you nothing but the best. 

She asked for it.  She was spending a #### ton of $$ at soul cycle so I figure it could actually save us money after a year.

• Like 7

Personally, I would be better off just buying my wife some clothes hangers, because I'm sure they would be used the same way after a week or two.  But hopefully it works out for you!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, oldmanhawkins said:

Going to give it a try after GOT, will report back

Give Emma Lovewell a whirl. :wub:

12 hours ago, Nigel said:

Give Emma Lovewell a whirl. :wub:

Tried the big and brassy with Hannah Marie.  She didn't stop yapping.  Shame because the music was good.  I'll try lovewell today

I took a day off today after riding for the last three.  This thing is pretty addictive.  I've always hated exercising unless it was sports related.  I like how they keep track of your previous workouts so you can shoot for incremental improvements.

1 minute ago, James Daulton said:

What'd that thing set you back?

$3600 in all.  The machine was $2400 before tax, shipping, etc.  I prepaid for 24 months because they threw in 3 months free.  I rationalized the cost since my wife has been spending over $300 a month on fitness for the past year.  Plus, now I'm the good guy  :thumbup:

my car is worth less and i mean a lot less than your wifes exercise bike bromigo and that my friend is why god gave the old swcer beer just drink it off take that to the bank brohans 

• Like 6

Just now, SWC said:

my car is worth less and i mean a lot less than your wifes exercise bike bromigo and that my friend is why god gave the old swcer beer just drink it off take that to the bank brohans 

Mine too:D

I'm about as cheap as they come but happy wife and all that.

26 minutes ago, oldmanhawkins said:

I took a day off today after riding for the last three.  This thing is pretty addictive.  I've always hated exercising unless it was sports related.  I like how they keep track of your previous workouts so you can shoot for incremental improvements.

is this an otis alias?

what really makes me sad is that even though the pelotoan is nailed to the floor and does not move it still probably has a better towing capability than my pos car one of these days i will get a 75 charger and life will be better but it aint gonna be this day brohans take that to the bank 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

3 minutes ago, AcerFC said:

I did this. My wife made me return it. 

Yes, and ruined the awesome plan for a live online race between me you and @Otis. As a result Otis never got on the ####### thing, sold it, and will be fat forever. 

• Like 1

Just got my wife one of these....yeah, we'll go with that! 

I've been dropping hints about wanting one of these for 2 years.  She finally cracked.  We used to both go to early morning spin classes when we had no kids and lived a block away from a gym.  Its truly the only exercise shes ever enjoyed.   I'm hoping this is a win-win situation here. 

Ordered that sucker Sunday night, it will be here Thursday afternoon.  Thats pretty decent turn around for something like this. 

1 hour ago, jb1020 said:

Just got my wife one of these....yeah, we'll go with that! 

I've been dropping hints about wanting one of these for 2 years.  She finally cracked.  We used to both go to early morning spin classes when we had no kids and lived a block away from a gym.  Its truly the only exercise shes ever enjoyed.   I'm hoping this is a win-win situation here. 

Ordered that sucker Sunday night, it will be here Thursday afternoon.  Thats pretty decent turn around for something like this. 

They want to get it to you before you sober up.

• Like 3
  • Laughing 1

Bike is heavy.  Anyone move it around/put away?  Just starting my research on this.

14 minutes ago, brettdj said:

Bike is heavy.  Anyone move it around/put away?  Just starting my research on this.

Bike is definitely heavy.  I haven't had to move mine yet, but it has two little roller skate wheels on the front that look like its made to lift from the back and just roll wherever you need too go. 

1 hour ago, zamboni said:

I'm old, so I immediately thought you meant a Mellotron.

And anytime I hear the word Mellotron, I think of King Crimson's "Court of the Crimson King" and Moody Blues' "Days of Future Past" -- two albums dripping wet with the silky dulcet tones of the instrument.

As to a Peloton - I can't see why getting on a normal $250 stationary bike while watching a YouTube spin class on your phone for free doesn't accomplish the very same thing for a fraction of the price. What's the value-add (aside from name brand)?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, urbanhack said:

:lmao:

"Sometimes I’ll move the Peloton bike into our gallery so I can spend time with my half gay husband while he reads Architectural Digest wearing combat boots"

Who else knew that @El Floppo's wife had one?

• Like 7
  • Laughing 1

Ok, I literally LOL'd at this one to the point my wife called me annoying.  Chicks  :rolleyes:

"My Peloton is in the living room because it’s my favorite work of art aside from the turquoise marble peacock I keep in the fireplace."

• Like 3
  • Laughing 2

Also for Floppo

"Our architect suggested a Peloton nook for our pied-à-terre. They do not belong in nooks. They belong where an observatory would be, if you didn’t own a Peloton. We fired him."

• Like 1

those are really funny and the rest of that guys stuff is pretty cool as well that brohan is a true brohan and should call his grandma tell her she is also a brohan and then take that to the bank

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

As to a Peloton - I can't see why getting on a normal $250 stationary bike while watching a YouTube spin class on your phone for free doesn't accomplish the very same thing for a fraction of the price. What's the value-add (aside from name brand)?

Bike is solid and smooth to ride, nothing like your grandma's $250 bike.  Resistance, cadence, and heart rate tie back to the main screen for immediate feedback so you can follow directions and zones easier and helps to push yourself for better stats.  There's a leaderboard so there's a little competitive element to push you a little more.  But you can also follow people and "high five" or join teams and challenges so there can be a team element to keep you engaged and coming back too.  Lots of live classes and they're all saved so there are tons of different types of classes you can take online at any time.  They are expensive so that's why I picked up a used one.

Edited by Lehigh98
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Lehigh98 said:

Bike is solid and smooth to ride, nothing like your grandma's $250 bike.  Resistance, cadence, and heart rate tie back to the main screen for immediate feedback so you can follow directions and zones easier and helps to push yourself for better stats.  There's a leaderboard so there's a little competitive element to push you a little more.  But you can also follow people and "high five" or join teams and challenges so there can be a team element to keep you engaged and coming back too.  Lots of live classes and they're all saved so there are tons of different types of classes you can take online at any time.  They are expensive so that's why I picked up a used one.

Where did you put it?

2 minutes ago, RC94 said:

Where did you put it?

By the window on my side of the bed, I can roll right out and hop on in the morning.

This thing sounds amazing. I’m too poor and only have a lowly treadmill.

40 minutes ago, Lehigh98 said:

By the window on my side of the bed, I can roll right out and hop on in the morning.

You should move it to the observatory or the art gallery or maybe to your penthouse so you can have a view overlooking the rest of the city.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Not even close.

1 hour ago, RC94 said:

Where did you put it?

We have ours living room looking out our sliding wall of windows at the ranch behind our house.

Not quite a glass enclosed zen garden with waterfalls, but I like it. :yes:

Pretty sexy piece of equipment, great ice breaker/topic of conversation when we have company.  "Oh my god you have a Peloton! I want one!"

Edited by matuski

We had a dog sitter offer to trade Peloton time instead of money.

So she use our peloton 7 times in 4 days while we went on vacation.  :lmao:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, matuski said:

We had a dog sitter offer to trade Peloton time instead of money.

So she use our peloton 7 times in 4 days while we went on vacation.  :lmao:

Did your wife let her use her shoes?

• Laughing 1

9 hours ago, bigbottom said:

Did your wife let her use her shoes?

Kind of, we ordered (or they came free? don't remember) shoes from Peloton with the bike.

They were too small for both of us, so we got others from Amazon... she used my wife's small pair.

eta - the shoes are really the only nuisance we experienced in the beginning.  We ordered just whatever shoes online.  Figured out not all cleats are the same, and that Peloton uses the cleat type that is less common (SPD vs Look, I don't recall which is which).  Had to reorder again.

Edited by matuski