Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
oldmanhawkins

Bought my wife a Peloton for her birthday

Are there any android smart watches that work with the peloton?  I love my Garmin and it tracks HR but doesn't talk with the peloton.  It seems like since the peloton is android based there should be an Android based watch that works with the bike.

Completed my 50th ride by trying Denis Morton's 60 minute After Burn a second time...added 3% to my first attempt back in March. It's my single favorite class so far - challenging and inspiring without killing you or going overboard on platitudes. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

In week 7 of 8 of the Rhythm & Zones Challenge for the Power Zone Pack and today's the deadline for the week and I had to complete two of my rides for the week today so did 60 min PZ MW 04/13/19 and 90 min PZ Endurance MW 11/09/19 with just a lunch break in-between.  54.5 mi and 2,531 cal, ouch.

If anyone wants to try out the next one "Major League Zones Challenge", you can sign up for a team at the link above.  They will begin assigning teams around May 25th. The challenge begins June 1st. 

I'm probably going to skip the next one to do more riding outside now that the weather's getting nicer.

Edited by Lehigh98
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Lehigh98 said:

In week 7 of 8 of the Rhythm & Zones Challenge for the Power Zone Pack and today's the deadline for the week and I had to complete two of my rides for the week today so did 60 min PZ MW 04/13/19 and 90 min PZ Endurance MW 11/09/19 with just a lunch break in-between.  54.5 mi and 2,531 cal, ouch.

That’s a lot of work for one day, congrats on getting it done. :thumbup:

22 minutes ago, Lehigh98 said:

If anyone wants to try out the next one "Major League Zones Challenge", you can sign up for a team at the link above.  They will begin assigning teams around May 25th. The challenge begins June 1st. 

I'm probably going to skip the next one to do more riding outside now that the weather's getting nicer.

That is insane

1 hour ago, Lehigh98 said:

Wow.  Impressive.  I had a three day streak over 1000+ calories. I've had to cut back to around 700 calories the last couple of days. My legs feel kind of dead after all this power zone training without taking any days off.

Posted (edited)

I just discovered Pelofondo so that got me in the mindset of gearing up for longer rides.  My longest road ride in the past was a 68 mile "Tour De Shore" from Philly to Atlantic City.  Would like to get in shape to do some of the longer road events around here, centuries etc,  once it gets nicer and things get back to normal a little.  Maybe too much time inside is making me want to get out on the road for a while.

If anyone is interested in Pelofondo, check out the link above and let me know what you think.  Next event is July 25/26 so plenty of time to TRAIN.

Edited by Lehigh98

On 5/9/2020 at 6:14 PM, JB Breakfast Club said:

Completed my 50th ride by trying Denis Morton's 60 minute After Burn a second time...added 3% to my first attempt back in March. It's my single favorite class so far - challenging and inspiring without killing you or going overboard on platitudes. 

Did this today on your reco. 
Enjoyed it, thanks. I could have pushed a little harder but not knowing what was coming for 60, I think I held back a little. Definitely did not feel the 60 minutes like I do sometimes on PZE classes

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AcerFC said:

Enjoyed it, thanks. I could have pushed a little harder but not knowing what was coming for 60, I think I held back a little. Definitely did not feel the 60 minutes like I do sometimes on PZE classes

I really like how he builds the hills at the midpoint and end. The final 30 second push is gonzo...

On 5/12/2020 at 5:46 PM, AcerFC said:

I just took it on his recommendation as well, but I found it harder than you guys. I don't know if it's because I pushed really hard last night or because I pushed really hard today, too, like the knucklehead that I am.  My knee was sore the last ten minutes. I set a PR for 60 minutes, so I probably pushed harder than I should have, but I definitely coasted for the last 10-15 minutes. I find the PZ endurance classes to be easier.

There were some really good songs on that ride. I loved hearing the Faces ("Ooh La La") at the end.  Morton didn't sing over the songs as usual, so that was good, too.

• Thanks 1

I know I've asked before but I'm hopeless with the search feature.

Best Heart Rate Monitor alternative? Seems like the Peloton one (as you guys warned) has ceased to function properly. Looking to buy replacement.

3 hours ago, Trey said:

I know I've asked before but I'm hopeless with the search feature.

Best Heart Rate Monitor alternative? Seems like the Peloton one (as you guys warned) has ceased to function properly. Looking to buy replacement.

I've tried a few and my favorite is my Scosche, haven't had any problems.  Just got a second one for my wife.

• Thanks 1

On 4/30/2020 at 8:16 PM, pokin said:

Agreed.  I got the bike last June and my initial FTP was 163.  Thought the endurance rides were way too easy but stuck with it and started doing the PowerZone Pack challenges after I finished the Discover Your Power Zone program.  My last FTP about 6 weeks ago was 237 and I'm going to test again in another 2 weeks and hope to increase it even more.  Power Zone rides definitely work.  I'm loving having this bike with the current situation.

Tested yesterday and went from 237 to 255!  That test sucks but it's an awesome way to see progress.  Damn 20 minutes seems like a long time!

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Lehigh98 said:

I've tried a few and my favorite is my Scosche, haven't had any problems.  Just got a second one for my wife.

Just ordered one. Thanks for the rec.

Coupon code Homebound gives 30% off if anyone else is in the market. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/3/2020 at 3:53 PM, NYRAGE said:

General question because I'm a relative noob:

Why do people do follower requests? What are the benefits of it? Do they see your workouts?  Maybe take a class that you've taken to compare? Do people get alerts or something when you sign up to take a class?

I had a couple of random requests before, but i ignored them since I didn't recognize their names and they didn't seem to be regular riders.  Today almost immediately after a class, I had a couple of requests from names that I recognized from the class.

I've had randoms ask to follow me, and that's largely because I have a Grateful Dead logo as my avatar. I like having "friends" when there are more live rides. We ride together, high-fives and stuff. Motivating.

Separately, took Willper's July 27, 2019 60 min ride yesterday. PZ. Usually a tough but doable ride. Lots of zone 4 and 3 with some 6 mixed in. Totally kicked my ###. I knew within first 5 minutes it was going to be a rough day. Felt like I was bonking. Happens from time to time. Not fun. Guess my blood chemistry was off or something. No juice. Anybody have this happen? 

Edited by Sandeman

1 hour ago, Sandeman said:

I've had randoms ask to follow me, and that's largely because I have a Grateful Dead logo as my avatar. I like having "friends" when there are more live rides. We ride together, high-fives and stuff. Motivating.

Separately, took Willper's July 27, 2019 60 min ride yesterday. PZ. Usually a tough but doable ride. Lots of zone 4 and 3 with some 6 mixed in. Totally kicked my ###. I knew within first 5 minutes it was going to be a rough day. Felt like I was bonking. Happens from time to time. Not fun. Guess my blood chemistry was off or something. No juice. Anybody have this happen? 

So when you do live rides together, are you communicating outside of Peloton to organize riding together? Or do you get some kind of notification when followers sign up for classes? Or is just completely random that you show up in classes together?

I have my off days, too.  Some days it's mental, some days physical. My sleep is interrupted every night due to an elderly dog that requires a lot of meds and going outside in the middle of the night (multiple times).  Some days I just don't want to ride, but fight through it although lack of sleep might be physical come to think of it. 

Yesterday was one of those days where I physically struggling a bit. I had 2 days in a row of setting personal records at 45 and 60 minutes and I'm on a 23 day streak. I had no juice left.  My knee hurt a bit, my quads and hamstrings were sore. I don't know. I'm very competitive, so I fought through it and did pretty well, but it was a bit of a struggle throughout.

I want try to Willper ride that you listed. I've yet to do a PZ ride that goes beyond 4, but I tend to ride at a zone higher than they're asking. So, when they ask for zone 3, I'll do 4. If they say to go into 4 for 2 minutes, I'll do zone 5,  or ask to recover at 2 and I'll do a 3.  It's just a way to keep pushing myself to do better. It's been about 3 weeks of mostly PZ training, so I'm due for another test.  I might just mix up my classes again instead of mostly PZ.

2 hours ago, Sandeman said:

Yes. Was just talking to my wife about it. Last week seemed like all my rides were tougher than usual for me. Did a real tough PZ ride where we went from 3 to 5 every 30 seconds for 7 mins then 4 to 5 every 30 for 5 mins. 

On Thursday I did a low impact ride with Jess for 30 mins. Not an easy ride but nothing crazy. 

Jumped on for a Wilpers 60 min PZE yesterday and it seemed like cake. Went 4-6-8 twice. Unusually for Wilpers, it was more 60-80 cadence than Ive ever had with him. Im usually 90+ on most PZE rides. 

To answer your question, I did hit the wall last week. I want to get that 60 days in a row badge tomorrow and then I might just take a day off. 

41 minutes ago, NYRAGE said:

So when you do live rides together, are you communicating outside of Peloton to organize riding together? Or do you get some kind of notification when followers sign up for classes? Or is just completely random that you show up in classes together?

I have my off days, too.  Some days it's mental, some days physical. My sleep is interrupted every night due to an elderly dog that requires a lot of meds and going outside in the middle of the night (multiple times).  Some days I just don't want to ride, but fight through it although lack of sleep might be physical come to think of it. 

Yesterday was one of those days where I physically struggling a bit. I had 2 days in a row of setting personal records at 45 and 60 minutes and I'm on a 23 day streak. I had no juice left.  My knee hurt a bit, my quads and hamstrings were sore. I don't know. I'm very competitive, so I fought through it and did pretty well, but it was a bit of a struggle throughout.

I want try to Willper ride that you listed. I've yet to do a PZ ride that goes beyond 4, but I tend to ride at a zone higher than they're asking. So, when they ask for zone 3, I'll do 4. If they say to go into 4 for 2 minutes, I'll do zone 5,  or ask to recover at 2 and I'll do a 3.  It's just a way to keep pushing myself to do better. It's been about 3 weeks of mostly PZ training, so I'm due for another test.  I might just mix up my classes again instead of mostly PZ.

Lol, I think you are missing the purpose of the PZ rides. But if you are enjoying it, you have to be happy. 

23 minutes ago, AcerFC said:

Lol, I think you are missing the purpose of the PZ rides. But if you are enjoying it, you have to be happy. 

Probably/definitely.

I guess i justify it as I'm still building endurance and staying within their builds/decreases/time in zones, but just one level higher. I think I'm doing it because I was pushing myself harder in my individual classes before I started the PZ rides.  But like I said before, I only started in January and I'm basically clueless about training structure. 

I just know that I'm in way better shape than I was in January and it feels good after years of barely doing anything other than walking and light running. Getting healthier is my goal and the bike has been fun.

• Like 2

Wondered if I'd ever get a PR again. I don't seem to get close to what I was doing when I started Peloton riding two years ago. Decided to punish myself for my poor showing on Friday. 20 minute Robon Arzon Climb ride averaging a 9.1 rating. Got the PR. 369kj, 308kw, and most importantly, enough calories so I can have a beer.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2020 at 9:27 AM, NYRAGE said:

Nope. I'm friends with about 60 people. Some I see regularly, or did pre-COVID, and we all high five each other. Wilpers Saturday morning 9:45 a.m. live ride was an example (west coast time).

When you are riding, you can filter by who is taking the ride at that moment, and you can filter down further to just people you follow and presumably follow you.

Anyone going to watch this ESPN Pelton episode on Saturday?

If the participating pro athletes collectively reach a combined output of 3,000, Peloton will donate one million meals to the Food Bank for New York City. ESPN’s Ryan Ruocco and Peloton instructor Ally Love will provide commentary for the one-hour special of two 20-minute rides.

Men’s Division

Mike Golic, Jr.: ESPN analyst and former Notre Dame Football standout

Matt Grevers: Six-time Olympic medalist, American swimmer

Gordon Hayward: NBA All-Star currently with the Boston Celtics

Booger McFarland: ESPN analysts and two-time NFL Super Bowl Champion

Rory McIlroy: Current No. 1 golfer in the Official World Golf Ranking (OWGR) and member of both the European and PGA Tours

Kyle Rudolph: Two-time Pro Bowl tight-end for the Minnesota Vikings

Justin Thomas: 12-time PGA Tour event winner and current No. 4 ranked golfer in the world (OWGR)

Bubba Watson: 12-time PGA Tour event winner, two-time Masters Champion (2012, ’14)

Women’s Division

Victoria Azarenka: Professional tennis player with 20 WTA wins and two Grand Slam singles titles (Australian Open 2012, ’13)

Allyson Felix: An American track and field sprinter who is tied for the most decorated female Olympian in track and field history with nine medals and is the most decorated athlete, male or female, in World Athletics Championships history with 18 career medals

Morgan Pressel: Professional golfer on the LPGA Tour and was the youngest player ever to qualify for the U.S. Women’s Open (2001)

Monica Puig: Professional tennis player and the reigning Olympic gold medalist

Colleen Quigley: Professional American middle-distance runner and 2016 Olympian, 2015 NCAA Champion in Steeplechase

Kyla Ross: A gymnast who won team gold in the 2012 Summer Olympics as a member of the “Fierce Five,” also the first gymnast to become an Olympic, World and NCAA Champion

Michele Smith: ESPN analyst and former international and Women’s National Team fastpitch softball player who won gold at the 1996 and 2000 Summer Olympics

Dawn Staley: Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame basketball player and coach, current head coach of the South Carolina women’s basketball team that took home the 2017 NCAA National Championship

They should fairly easily meet the target. They only need to average 187.5 output in 20 minutes. I hear that Booger is actually quite the beast on the bike often finishing in the top 3 of live rides. He's apparently lost a ton of weight. 

Well after a month of power zone training my FTP went from 204 to 219.  Today was my first PZ endurance ride since changing my zones. Maybe I'm just tired (40+ straight days), but I could feel the difference. That was tougher.  I'm going to mix in more higher resistance training along with my PZ classes.

• Like 2

My workouts just got a lot harder. 

Last FTP test was avg output of 219 with an FTP at 209. 

Took the test today. Avg output was 236, FTP jumped to 224. 

Uh oh. 

Looks like PZ Endurance rides for a few weeks to  acclimate. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AcerFC said:

Uh oh. 

:cry::cry::cry:Please mommy, don't make me do it.  I don't want to do another FTP test.  Pllllleeeeeeeaaaaasssssee :cry::cry::cry:

Great job in improvement.

6 hours ago, AcerFC said:

Uh oh. 

Right on! Keep it going.

I'm in the PowerZonePack. Had always estimated FTP, never did a test. Around the end in week 8, there's an FTP. I took it. Warmup is a breeze, the test is brutal. I tested at 285, higher than my self appointed 260. Every ride I've done since, I've been in Zones 2, 3 and 4 instead of 3, 4 and 5. It's a good thing, but it's rough too. Staying in Zone 3 is not as easy as before.

BTW, I'm CERTAIN my 8 weeks in the PZP improved my performance by at least 10%.

14 minutes ago, DEADHEAD said:

Right on! Keep it going.

I'm in the PowerZonePack. Had always estimated FTP, never did a test. Around the end in week 8, there's an FTP. I took it. Warmup is a breeze, the test is brutal. I tested at 285, higher than my self appointed 260. Every ride I've done since, I've been in Zones 2, 3 and 4 instead of 3, 4 and 5. It's a good thing, but it's rough too. Staying in Zone 3 is not as easy as before.

BTW, I'm CERTAIN my 8 weeks in the PZP improved my performance by at least 10%.

I did that last pz pack challenge. Was able to get thru it all until the last week. Did 2/4 rides since I was away. That is why I took the test today and not last week. That ride with Olivia living in zone 5 was crazy. It actually made me realize I could push hard today

• Like 1

Good to see some recent posts.

Today is a big day for me. It's going to be my first day off in 100 days (just in time for 14 hours of hockey today).

After hurting my knee, I started my streak a little over 3 months ago and after hitting 60 straight days, I decided that my goal was to do 100 days which I reached yesterday.  I really over-trained. I was burning about 1000 calories per day and my legs were constantly sore. I should have rested, but I had this stupid arbitrary 100-day goal in my head.  Even about a week ago, I really hurt my hamstring in one of the Peloton strength classes, but kept riding to reach my goal.

Now I'm about to reset and value recovery. I know I play these competitive mind games to motivate myself, but I want to train smarter. For the past month, I've been doing about a half hour of stretching every day. It really feels like I'm giving my body a tune-up. I feel so much better afterwards.  I also started taking some of the Peloton bodyweight strength classes. Those can kind of leave you sore if you're not used to using specific muscles.

Oh, I haven't done an FTP test since going to 218 from 204 in June, but I did a live class recently where I did an average of 257 in a 20-minute class.  Speaking of live classes, I had to do 2 last week as part of that Pelothon. It was the end of the week and I signed up blindly to one of Emma's classes. It turned out to be a high intensity high intervals class. Ooh, that was tough on a bad hammy.

Anyway, off to stretch for a while before the Rangers game. Good luck to everyone with their workouts.

• Like 2

That's impressive.  I've burned out on the cycling a little bit - I'm getting a lot of cardio from playing with my kids everyday and don't always have the inclination or energy to hop on the bike for very long.  But I have started doing a lot of strength training classes, mostly core work.  I've done 150 or so strength classes over the last four months and have really noticed a difference.  I'd recommend them.

• Like 1

I was at the Walmarts yesterday and I saw they are selling an "Echelon"...

Hmmm

Finally considering one of these for the wife and me. We need to get back in shape, and the treadmill doesn't play well with my sugically-repaired ACL. What's the downside of just getting a good exercise bike and doing the Peloton app (and pocketing some dough) rather than doing the standard setup?

I see there are alternatives out there like the Myx and the Echelon mentioned above - anyone know much about those? I've never once in my life done a spin class and don't know how much this is going to work for me, so I'm hesitant against the big investment of the Peloton.

Peloton arrived this week after ordering it 3 months ago.  Did my first beginner class today (I am really out of shape).  Made it through well but had to have my daughter help me unclip afterwards. :bag:

• Like 2

On 8/18/2020 at 4:28 PM, Polish Hammer said:

Finally considering one of these for the wife and me. We need to get back in shape, and the treadmill doesn't play well with my sugically-repaired ACL. What's the downside of just getting a good exercise bike and doing the Peloton app (and pocketing some dough) rather than doing the standard setup?

I see there are alternatives out there like the Myx and the Echelon mentioned above - anyone know much about those? I've never once in my life done a spin class and don't know how much this is going to work for me, so I'm hesitant against the big investment of the Peloton.

The nicest part of having the full set up is being able to do exactly what the instructors want you to do. Most of my rides are powerzone rides. I can not imagine doing it on a random bike with the app. 

However, if you dont care about following along, the app will work. 

46 minutes ago, baymen said:

Peloton arrived this week after ordering it 3 months ago.  Did my first beginner class today (I am really out of shape).  Made it through well but had to have my daughter help me unclip afterwards. :bag:

It gets easier. 

• Like 1

On 8/18/2020 at 1:28 PM, Polish Hammer said:

I was in a similar position. I'd never done a spin class and was skeptical it would do very much. We have a treadmill, and I would run a couple miles a day, but my knees were starting to get sore. (I'm in my mid-40s, 5-foot-7, and at the time we got the Peloton, I was in OK shape. I basically ran on the treadmill to justify being able to eat pizza and chips.) I wanted to try the Peloton, but I'm cheap and didn't think it would be worth it. My wife bought it in October. I use it every day. I'm at my lowest weight in probably 20-some years. I do 30-minute rides on weekdays and 20-minute rides on the weekend, so it's not like I'm doing three rides a day. I feel stronger and healthier. I can tell by the Peloton's metrics that I'm improving little by little every day. My joints don't hurt. I feel good about myself.

I don't know the downside of going an alternative route, but the Peloton has absolutely been worth it for us. One of the best purchases we've made.

Forgot to post but ours showed up a few weeks ago and we're hooked. I take weekends off but have been riding M-F. I take it easy on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Feel like I've snapped into shape pretty quickly and actually enjoy it which I didn't expect. 

Also ❤️ Olivia 

Big news today, $350 price drop on old version and new version released to order today. I ordered the new version. 

Also, secondary market prices dropping, its funny to see people trying to see 2 years old bikes for more than a new one. Panic is setting in. 

I know there are workouts that you stand up on the pedals for.

I'm about 5-11/6fr tall. Does anyone know how high I would be when standing upright on the pedals?

The place I was considering putting one has a fairly low ceiling 

5 hours ago, pmedina said:

Big news today, $350 price drop on old version and new version released to order today. I ordered the new version. 

Also, secondary market prices dropping, its funny to see people trying to see 2 years old bikes for more than a new one. Panic is setting in. 

wow, thanks for this. I was currently  looking at a 2 year old bike listed at 1900. I was going to offer 1600 but this changes things. 

1 hour ago, glvsav37 said:

wow, thanks for this. I was currently  looking at a 2 year old bike listed at 1900. I was going to offer 1600 but this changes things. 

Peloton is offering "up to" $700 for trading in a bike for a new bike+.  I think that is the number I would use to negotiate a used bike.

• Like 2

On 5/1/2020 at 10:57 AM, Lehigh98 said:

Just added myself to the group, HERE'S the direct link.

In - MeatballParty

Received our bike mid-august and am returning it for the bike+ as we were in the 30 day window to do that.  Have ridden everyday since we received it and am hoping there is not many days between the pickup and delivery.  Hooked.  Big fan of Emmas listening party rides.  Very cool concept.   Those hiit/hills classes are brutal but I love them.  Especially with Ally.

Is there a clip on or some sort of adapter for the Delta pedals to easily turn them into regular pedals? My son has started using my bike but I dont want to get him shoes just yet. The pedals without the shoes are tough to stay on. 

On 5/1/2020 at 10:57 AM, Lehigh98 said:

Just added myself to the group, HERE'S the direct link.

added "Witty_User_Name"

My girl wants a treadmill, uses one at work all the time.  I said get a peloton instead.  Between this new model and all the pandemic pelotons, prices for the old model must be good.  Ballpark, what are we talking for a used one?  And any tips on buying used -- what to look for, stay away from, etc?  Much appreciated!

Trying to decide between the Peloton and the range of alternatives out there. Nordictrack, Echelon, Myx, etc. 

Any thoughts from the fine folk here?

1 hour ago, Rodrigo Duterte said:

My girl wants a treadmill, uses one at work all the time.  I said get a peloton instead.  Between this new model and all the pandemic pelotons, prices for the old model must be good.  Ballpark, what are we talking for a used one?  And any tips on buying used -- what to look for, stay away from, etc?  Much appreciated!

I just bought a Peloton bike, gen 3, last week for $1500 (included shoes, weights and heart monitor). From what i'm seeing that was dirt cheap. Most are going for $1800-1900 depending on the number of rides and when bought. 

I tried negotiating with a few people because they are selling that gen 3 brand new now for $1900'ish now that the Bike+ is out. But everyone was like "Good luck getting one anytime soon" and " I'm saving you the tax, etc" 

What to look for? Make sure the monitor works, that the pedals are being recorded on screen (its called "Cadence" and is the number on the left) and that the resistance knob (red one in the center) is being recorded on the screen (right side number) and you can feel a difference when turning it. Otherwise, normal wear and tear, look at the cord tp make sure a pet didn't chew on it, no rips in the saddle. After that, they seem like pretty well built bikes that hold up. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, dawgtrails said:

Trying to decide between the Peloton and the range of alternatives out there. Nordictrack, Echelon, Myx, etc. 

Any thoughts from the fine folk here?

Was in the same boat. Ended up deciding to get a Schwinn IC4 (about $900) and do the Peloton App. The Schwinn is allegedly built as well as the Peloton and has the heart rate monitor and cadence sensor that integrates with the app. Not 100% the same experience, but as long as you have an iPad to throw on there, you'll get about 85%+ of the experience for half of the price. Plus less monthly cost. 

Ordered the bike exactly 2 weeks ago, got shipping notice today. Originally said it would be 4 weeks or less from order until delivery.

On 9/20/2020 at 7:36 PM, glvsav37 said:

Is there a clip on or some sort of adapter for the Delta pedals to easily turn them into regular pedals? My son has started using my bike but I dont want to get him shoes just yet. The pedals without the shoes are tough to stay on. 

I bought pedal cages when I bought my bike.  They clip in like a bike shoe, but you can wear regular exercise shoes. Call the local store.  They do not advertise them, but they did have them back in December.  I can't tell you how well they work due to using the regular bike shoes.  

peloton is adding support for other groupex stuff like bootcamp/barre/etc.  Not sure how good those offerings are.  Anyone tried them?

2 hours ago, culdeus said:

peloton is adding support for other groupex stuff like bootcamp/barre/etc.  Not sure how good those offerings are.  Anyone tried them?

I had to read that a couple times...