What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bought my wife a Peloton for her birthday (1 Viewer)

Someone send me a referral code.
KPQW3M

For every Peloton Bike or Tread purchased using your unique referral code, you’ll receive up to $100 off your next purchase at the online Peloton Boutique. The person you referred will receive $100 towards accessories at purchase.

Let me know if you have any questions about the bike.

Ok, so I pulled the trigger on this given there is a small sale going on (a bunch of accessories are included).  It is being delivered on Monday and I am really looking forward to it as I really need to improve my fitness and just don't have time to get to the gym more then once a week (where I usually ride a bike anyway).  Hope I can really up my fitness with this.  

Any tips for a newbie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so I pulled the trigger on this given there is a small sale going on (a bunch of accessories are included).  It is being delivered on Monday and I am really looking forward to it as I really need to improve my fitness and just don't have time to get to the gym more then once a week (where I usually ride a bike anyway).  Hope I can really up my fitness with this.  

Any tips for a newbie.
If you like keeping stats and tracking improvement, try Intro to Power Zones to start.  Its based off the power you generate (resistance x rpm).  There's a test to establish your initial baseline and then the classes are focused on improving.  You can retake the test again later to check your progress.  I've tried most of the class types and that's my favorite.

I'll also select "just ride" and ride while I'm watching TV.  I just went through the "The Boys" with a series of 1 hour rides.

If you like keeping stats and tracking improvement, try Intro to Power Zones to start.  Its based off the power you generate (resistance x rpm).  There's a test to establish your initial baseline and then the classes are focused on improving.  You can retake the test again later to check your progress.  I've tried most of the class types and that's my favorite.

I'll also select "just ride" and ride while I'm watching TV.  I just went through the "The Boys" with a series of 1 hour rides.
I second the Power Zone classes.  I've improved my results a huge amount in in only a couple of months.  There are only two instructors that do Power Zone classes which is a little disappointing but I still really enjoy them.  Give a Denis Morton Power Zone ride a shot after the first week of the Discover Your Power Zone program for a change of pace.  He's pretty funny and I like his music choices better than Matt who is the other Power Zone guy.

KPQW3M

For every Peloton Bike or Tread purchased using your unique referral code, you’ll receive up to $100 off your next purchase at the online Peloton Boutique. The person you referred will receive $100 towards accessories at purchase.

thinking about it--does that code work for everyone or do you need to regenerate a new one?

Give a Denis Morton Power Zone ride a shot after the first week of the Discover Your Power Zone program for a change of pace.  He's pretty funny and I like his music choices better than Matt who is the other Power Zone guy.
Funny, not a Dennis fan whatsoever, big Matt fan despite music being kinda weak. Love the power zone rides in general though.

Ordering this week. Going to wait until Friday to see if they offer anything better than the accessory package. I read an article that said Peloton is starting to get some competition in the market and this could be the year they offer more than the accessories. Doesnt hurt to wait it out an extra day or two

Ordering this week. Going to wait until Friday to see if they offer anything better than the accessory package. I read an article that said Peloton is starting to get some competition in the market and this could be the year they offer more than the accessories. Doesnt hurt to wait it out an extra day or two
This is my plan as well. Let's hope!

I think I'm going to take the plunge on this.  I don't think the referral code will work with the black Friday deal, but if anyone has one that they want me to use, please reply or send a pm.

Thanks 

KPQW3M

thinking about it--does that code work for everyone or do you need to regenerate a new one?
Same code should work for anyone who wants to use it.  This free accessory package deal going on is the only promotional thing they've been doing for the last few years so I wouldn't expect a better deal.  The 0% financing and free 30 day trial is also newer so probably better deal now than there has been.  The company has gotten huge over the years.

D-Day said:
I think I'm going to take the plunge on this.  I don't think the referral code will work with the black Friday deal, but if anyone has one that they want me to use, please reply or send a pm.

Thanks 
I just power walked with my Lab for an hour listening to Pandora.    Fresher air and much cheaper.

Ended up buying an Echelon for $750 with 25% off code. Half the price and seems like everything my family would need.

IE....would be a less expensive clothes rack someday.  

Peleton is smart AF.  They've somehow convinced a decent number of Americans to not only plunk down 2x the money of competitor bikes BUT to also pay a $40 monthly subscription fee for classes.  I never in a million years thought this thing would catch on but boy was I wrong.

Good on Peleton, I wonder how long they can ride this wave?

Yeah, unless you know for sure she wants one, you might be best to pass on the Peleton as a gift.  

It's almost like getting her a new Dyson vacuum cleaner as a gift.

"Happy birthday, fat-###!"
You know, you made this comment over 2 years ago but it's so epic it still makes me laugh.  In fact, I'm at the point where if I just see the thread title, it still makes me smile.  I'll go a step further and tell you that everytime I see the Peloton commercial of the guy giving his wife that Peloton cycle I think "Happy Birthday fat-###!"  Absolutely epic, bravo and kudos to you sir! :)

Peleton is smart AF.  They've somehow convinced a decent number of Americans to not only plunk down 2x the money of competitor bikes BUT to also pay a $40 monthly subscription fee for classes.  I never in a million years thought this thing would catch on but boy was I wrong.

probably for years to come, there is a cycle bar near my house and 2 weeks of unlimited riding was on sale for black Friday for $60, a 30 pack of rides was $399 (13 per ride) so the $40 monthly fee is not expensive at all.

Ok did my first ride it was pretty easy but just a beginner ride so was designed to be. Clearly much harder stuff which I will get into. Convenience of it was awesome rather than heading to gym, etc.

Cost of it doesn’t phase me as I am footballguy so 2k is nothing.

That commercial is ridiculous. 

I've been enjoying all the piling on with respect to this commercial, but it's worth pointing out on the 116 to 112 lb joke (which is funny as hell) that just because you're skinny doesn't mean you're fit.

Spin classes are expensive.  So $40 a month for unlimited on demand video classes is a good deal.  The ROI component up for debate though is whether a $2,000 investment in the bike is worth it so you can take the classes without leaving the house.

This is the dealbreaker for me. 

Spin classes are expensive.  So $40 a month for unlimited on demand video classes is a good deal.  The ROI component up for debate though is whether a $2,000 investment in the bike is worth it so you can take the classes without leaving the house.
Don’t spin classes come with like an LA Fit membership?  Or any other large fitness center.

Not a spin class guru, so others can correct me, but the high end spin classes that Peleton is designed to mimic (with expensive bikes and data analytics) are places like Soul Cycle that charge $34 for a single 45-minute ride.
People really do love to waste money

Are you people buying the "Mirror Home Gym" too?
You can stream the Peloton content on your TV so you get that with the membership if you want to do there other workout stuff they have.  

ETA - As bigbottom said this is clearly a Luxury purchase but did it as a combined Christmas gift with my wife.  Though I think I am the one who is going to use it and really wanted it for myself.  

There is a market I’d unequivocally recommend this for - those who have some disposable income and are too busy to regularly go to the gym. I happen to be in that group at the moment, where I’m lucky to get 15 minutes to do a quick workout on the way to the shower most nights. I hate subscriptions and I put this purchase off for a couple months over that issue, but now I can say that it’s probably the best $40 I spend every month. 9 months and 115+ rides (even though most are in the 15-20 min range), I’m in remarkably better shape than I was previously. 

On the other hand, if you have time in your day to go to the gym, walk/run outside, etc., the value proposition isn’t going to be nearly as compelling. 

There is a market I’d unequivocally recommend this for - those who have some disposable income and are too busy to regularly go to the gym. I happen to be in that group at the moment, where I’m lucky to get 15 minutes to do a quick workout on the way to the shower most nights. I hate subscriptions and I put this purchase off for a couple months over that issue, but now I can say that it’s probably the best $40 I spend every month. 9 months and 115+ rides (even though most are in the 15-20 min range), I’m in remarkably better shape than I was previously. 

On the other hand, if you have time in your day to go to the gym, walk/run outside, etc., the value proposition isn’t going to be nearly as compelling. 
I fall into that market, but I'm still not sure the value proposition is there for me.  I have an exercise bike and an elliptical in my home that cost less on a combined basis than the Peloton and don't have monthly fees on top of it.  But I'd rather listen to a podcast or stream something on my iPad than have someone screaming at me while I'm exercising though.

Users who are viewing this thread