Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
oldmanhawkins

Bought my wife a Peloton for her birthday

On 12/5/2019 at 8:22 AM, identikit said:

Nothing.

Ridiculous.

My wife is out of touch with all things mainstream, so I showed her this ad last night.  This was pretty much her response.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jb1020 said:

My wife is out of touch with all things mainstream, so I showed her this ad last night.  This was pretty much her response.  

Well yeah, by definition if you're out of touch you're not going to "get it".

Duh!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Keerock said:

Wrong

I'm assuming this is an informal conversation in the 21st century and not a research paper or part of time travel.

Don’t #### with the unfrozen caveman lawyer!

• Thanks 1

i try to emulate the wife’s terrified look during my daily tasks.....ordering coffee, etc.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

That marriage was never going to end well, but at least we know she got out:

https://twitter.com/VancityReynolds/status/1203118775815622664

(Kudos to that gin company for getting out an ad with that actress so quickly riding the coattails of the "controversy")

"This is going to be a fun night" :lol:

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

(Kudos to that gin company for getting out an ad with that actress so quickly riding the coattails of the "controversy")

Funnyish. 

On 12/4/2019 at 11:13 AM, culdeus said:

They are now going to great lengths to conceal her identity.  It's odd.  

Monica Ruiz

I had a google link here but some pics were probably a little too much for this board

Edited by Cowboysfan8
  • Like 1

Love the controversy. It’s perfectly harmless to goof on either side without it being serious. The gin commercial with the actress playing on the “trauma” she experienced  is awesome. LMAO at the comments. Just so much harmless fodder over basically nothing, but it’s delicious. 

3 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Monica Ruiz

I had a google link here but some pics were probably a little too much for this board

Nice. I'll take a pm with link please.

14 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

"Peloton Universe Cinematic Universe"

:lmao:

3 hours ago, Capella said:

Delivered today :bag: 

Me too. 

My wife says the shoes dig into her ankles. Hope they fit me. She will get the special bottoms for the ones she wears now

I wont be able to use it for 2-3 weeks as I recover from a broken foot. Then its on 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

11 minutes ago, AcerFC said:

Me too. 

My wife says the shoes dig into her ankles. Hope they fit me. She will get the special bottoms for the ones she wears now

I wont be able to use it for 2-3 weeks as I recover from a broken foot. Then its on 

It’s really nice. The options on the screen are awesome. We bought the clips for our shoes - they come in tomorrow. See how they work. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, AcerFC said:

Me too. 

What's wrong with the other foot?   You afraid its going to get all beefed up and then you're balance will be all out of whack?

1 hour ago, NutterButter said:

What's wrong with the other foot?   You afraid its going to get all beefed up and then you're balance will be all out of whack?

I’ve also heard if you lower the seat and drape your chest over same, you can crank the pedals with your hands/arms/shoulders and get a top-notch workout.

I see everyone is a comedian. ill take jokes about my injury over talk of the ad though

5 minutes ago, bigbottom said:

But this is not a secret. We knew we could get a cheaper bike and a subscription. 

I think it might have been you who said, this is a luxury item for people lucky enough to afford it. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AcerFC said:

But this is not a secret. We knew we could get a cheaper bike and a subscription. 

I think it might have been you who said, this is a luxury item for people lucky enough to afford it. 

Oh yeah. This wasn’t a revelation or anything. 

50 minutes ago, AcerFC said:

Yeah it's like a Nordic track for millennials who will use it a few times, then never again, because most people like Netflix but not the Netflix for fitness. If this were the 80's there would be Pelaton infomercials on every night. 

24 minutes ago, TwinTurbo said:

Yeah it's like a Nordic track for millennials who will use it a few times, then never again, because most people like Netflix but not the Netflix for fitness. If this were the 80's there would be Pelaton infomercials on every night. 

Did a class with Ally Love earlier tonight. And we’ve had it for nearly a year. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/7/2019 at 11:00 AM, Grace Under Pressure said:

Love the controversy. It’s perfectly harmless to goof on either side without it being serious. The gin commercial with the actress playing on the “trauma” she experienced  is awesome. LMAO at the comments. Just so much harmless fodder over basically nothing, but it’s delicious. 

I crack up at the funny videos making fun of it. What I found incredible was the BS “sexist” outrage by some people. 

Get a ####### life and grow up. They seriously have no clue. And if they would have put an overweight person on the bike the hyperbole internet social media outrage would have been about why a fat person.

It is just an indictment to me about social media and the plague it has become on human interaction. 

Edited by Todem
  • Like 1

On 12/7/2019 at 5:21 AM, Cowboysfan8 said:

Monica Ruiz

Has an Allison Stokke vibe to her.

On 12/7/2019 at 8:21 AM, Cowboysfan8 said:

Monica Ruiz

Was she wearing yoga pants or something?

• Laughing 1

24 minutes ago, ditka...mike ditka said:

What are the leaderboard names for the people who just got them?  Im axle5454 if you want to add

Acer

I am really liking it.  Been crazy busy the last two weeks to the point I would not have made it to the gym at all and was able to fit in a bunch of rides. Many of them are 20 minute rides but those HIIT and climb rides are good workouts even if short.   

i rode my actual bike yesterday and it was pretty fun and did not require an addition to my home take that to the bank bromigos 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I watched some of the amateur youtube parodies of "The Commercial".

A couple moments in particular that cracked me up:

• A husband points to the bike and sternly commands to his wife: "Peloton!"
  • A wife lamenting that her husband only bought her a $200 Schwinn exercise bike:  "I'm not Peloton Special"   :( 
  • Laughing 2

1 hour ago, SWC said:

i rode my actual bike yesterday and it was pretty fun and did not require an addition to my home take that to the bank bromigos 

It was 12 degrees yesterday. I would rather ride in a basket on the handlebars of Acer's peleton like ET than ride outside in that crap. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, parasaurolophus said:
2 hours ago, SWC said:

It was 12 degrees yesterday. I would rather ride in a basket on the handlebars of Acer's peleton like ET than ride outside in that crap. 

i like the chill december wind set against my face knowing that it is emblematic of lifes challenges as i ride forward meeting whatever may gust against me with honor and integrity but hey you go right ahead with whatever your fancy tv bike means to you i dont judge take that to the bank brohan 

Someone could create a group for us all to join on Strava, like the one spawned from the FFA Ran a 10K thread. It would upload all of our rides to it, creates some motivation/accountabilty. 

Fyi I’m just an idea guy.

50 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Someone could create a group for us all to join on Strava, like the one spawned from the FFA Ran a 10K thread. It would upload all of our rides to it, creates some motivation/accountabilty. 

In

once my foot heals of course

So anyone have one they are looking to sell and no longer use? If I could buy a 2018 model for $1400 would you jump on it? For wife, me, and our 10 year old daughter...

Edited by ffmail4me

18 hours ago, ffmail4me said:

So anyone have one they are looking to sell and no longer use? If I could buy a 2018 model for $1400 would you jump on it? For wife, me, and our 10 year old daughter...

No idea what upgrades were made (if any) between 2018 and when I bought earlier this year. My 9 month old bike started making a clicking noise when being peddled which I’m having repaired under warranty, so things occasionally do need to get fixed, and I don’t think the warranty transfers. I have no idea how expensive a repair would be absent the warranty. 

18 hours ago, ffmail4me said:

https://www.ebay.com/b/Peloton-Exercise-Bikes/58102/bn_72955588

Your best bet is probably wait until late January or February.  Now is probably the worst time to buy one.

On 12/12/2019 at 4:32 PM, Nigel said:

We need a FBG hashtag like the #PMG (physician mom group) chicks.  Ha!

Just got one delivered Wednesday, and took my first class (pre-taped) today.  It was not boring vs just riding and watching TV.  Hopefully I can stay consistent with riding.

Side bet of the Over/Under of me having the bike longer than Otis*

*no actual bets will be made.  I do now wish to be the next CSTU.

Wear a heart monitor if taking a Jess King class. That is all.

Edited to add - I had my heart attack after taking a class from Jess, and the one other incident I had similar signs were also when I took hers vs Ally Love, etc.  Obviously she is a great instructor and not implying she caused it in any way. She didn't block my artery!  It's up to me to monitor and while I didn't wear a monitor I did try to listen to my body and back off when I felt it got tough.  Where she is different is with longer sustained tougher efforts without going to flat road for recovery.  Can kick your ###.  All good. Just be careful.  I'm more Ally Love speed

Edited by Judge Smails
  • Like 2