What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's yours top 10 rookie ranking after week 2 of preseason ? (1 Viewer)

Sir Psycho

Footballguy
Mine (no ppr):

1-Fournette

2- Cook

3- CMC

4- Mixon

5- C Davis

6- K Hunt

7- S.Perine

8- A Kamara

9-M Wiiliams

10-C Kupp

Depends on the parameters.  Scoring? Non-PPR?  Dynasty? Redraft? Roster/lineup composition?

For dynasty, little has changed for me from what it was weeks ago.  RBs like McCaffrey and Kamara get more of a bump in PPR.  Likewise for Kupp at WR, although I have him outside my top 10 in either case.

Dynasty PPR:

1.  Leonard Fournette - While he doesn't bring the added receiving dimension that the other early RBs do, his redzone prowess more than makes up for that

2.  Christian McCaffrey - I have gone back and forth between the top 3 backs, but McCaffrey brings elite receiving skills to the RB position and better inside running skills that most realize

3.  Joe Mixon - Mixon could emerge as the top runner from this class; he is a complete back, but OL woes and off-field concerns give me reason to pause

4.  Corey Davis - It is criminal to allow Davis to fall this far, but RB scarcity in most leagues will push him below the top runners; the polished rookie receiver landed in a great spot for dynasty success

5.  Dalvin Cook - Cook rounds out my top tier; he is a complete back, but he may struggle behind that OL in year one

6.  OJ Howard - Rookie TEs usually struggle, but I love this landing spot for Howard for dynasty success

7.  Mike Williams - Back problems threaten to blot out his rookie season, but Williams is a big, physical receiver who could become a huge redzone threat 

8.  John Ross - Ross is electrifying, but there is much more to his game than just speed

9.  Kareem Hunt - Complete back, but Ware isn't giving up the starting gig without a fight

10.  David Njoku - Athletic freak in what promises to be an improving offense

For dynasty, little has changed for me from what it was weeks ago.  RBs like McCaffrey and Kamara get more of a bump in PPR.  Likewise for Kupp at WR, although I have him outside my top 10 in either case.

10.  David Njoku - Athletic freak in what promises to be an improving offense
Great post Socrates, thanks for the share.  Have high hopes for Njoku, who is kind of going under the radar right now due to injury/Browns.  I'm in a PPR heavy WR league, so the Kupp and Golladay hype trains are running over the rookie TEs out there (to my advantage).

after week 2, I'd rank the rookies as such:

1.Trubisky - clearly the starting QB in Chicago after another strong outing.

2. Dalvin Cook 

3. Fournette

4. D. Henderson - seriously, who's standing in his way from grabbing the starting gig, CJ Anderson? case closed. Henderson is the man.

5.Dont'a Foreman

6.McCaffrey - not a big fan, he plays for Carolina one of the worst teams at utilizing the position.

7. Joe Williams - sorry Hyde owners  he's just not that good!

8. E. Engram

9. K Hunt

10. OJ Howard

sorry, but Mixon hasn't got a chance to shine this year , reports of Hill's demise are greatly exaggerated. Giants can't run they have to rely on Eli again, Engram is the new toy..

D. Cook will be in the ROY running.. 

I dont like any of the rookie WR's..so a guy from the Lions, Golladay, is making a stir in preseason , wasn't Abdullah doing the same thing 2 years ago as a RB of the future? meh..

after week 2, I'd rank the rookies as such:

1.Trubisky - clearly the starting QB in Chicago after another strong outing.

2. Dalvin Cook 

3. Fournette

4. D. Henderson - seriously, who's standing in his way from grabbing the starting gig, CJ Anderson? case closed. Henderson is the man.

5.Dont'a Foreman

6.McCaffrey - not a big fan, he plays for Carolina one of the worst teams at utilizing the position.

7. Joe Williams - sorry Hyde owners  he's just not that good!

8. E. Engram

9. K Hunt

10. OJ Howard

sorry, but Mixon hasn't got a chance to shine this year , reports of Hill's demise are greatly exaggerated. Giants can't run they have to rely on Eli again, Engram is the new toy..

D. Cook will be in the ROY running.. 

I dont like any of the rookie WR's..so a guy from the Lions, Golladay, is making a stir in preseason , wasn't Abdullah doing the same thing 2 years ago as a RB of the future? meh..
Very interesting take on the rankings.

1. Corey Davis

2. Leonard Fournette

3. Christian McCaffery

4. D'Onta Foreman

5. Marlon Mack

6. Joe Mixon

7. Alvin Kamara

8. Zay Jones

9. David NJoku

10. Mike Williams

Pretty sure I'll be changing it next week though.

The order has changed but I still have the same 10, make that same 11, as I did back in May when I was doing rookie drafts. This 11 were what I considered players I gave first round fantasy pick grades on, only these 11.

This is based on TE premium leagues and in May the order went like this:

1. Corey Davis (at this time I would take Fournette and McCaffery over him if I needed a RB over WR but that was it)

2. Fournette

3.McCaffery

4. Mixon

5. Cook

6. Mike Williams

7. OJ Howard

8. Evan Engram

9. Alvin Kamara

10. David Njoku

11. Kareem Hunt

Today this order would be:

1. Corey Davis (same as in May in that I would take a RB over him if team need dictated)

2. McCaffery

3. Fournette

4. Mixon

5. Cook(but if I needed a RB this year I would now take Cook over Mixon which I would not have done in May under any circumstance)

6. Kamara

7. Engram

8. Howard

9. Hunt

10. Njoku

11. Mike Williams

Not much has changed in Dynasty PPR:

Cook
Mixon
CMc
Davis
Fournette    really, those spots are almost interchangeable.  It's a shame someone from that list has to be ranked #5.
Engram
Kamara
Mike Williams
Perine
Zones

Redraft PPR:

Cook
CMc
Fournette
Mixon
Kupp
Kamara
Perine
Zones
Engram
Foreman

I don't buy into WR much in redraft.  Too much of a learning curve and so many have used their athleticism to bully lesser talents their whole previous lives, it takes a while for the technique and reps to sink in.  RB have a much better opportunity to step in and have an impact, in particular later in the season once they get their sea legs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Franknbeans said:
5. Tarik Cohen
:)

Assume you're kinda joking but that's what I'm more interested in - what rookies have moved up most? Off hand taywan Taylor and Cohen get bumped. Who else?

:)

Assume you're kinda joking but that's what I'm more interested in - what rookies have moved up most? Off hand taywan Taylor and Cohen get bumped. Who else?
De'Angelo Henderson has to be moving up. Cooper Kupp has to be moving up. Chris Carson, though he should still be deep. 

Users who are viewing this thread