What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ren's old crypto thread || we know how to buy this stuff now (2 Viewers)

Still betting on BCH to be the winner or have you soured on all of it at this point?
Although it should be a disinterested financial choice, it's still a personal choice for me- I think BCH will have good utility (and by extension, market value) til the cows come home.  I still think blockstream intentionally bottlenecked BTC's throughput capacity to incentivize their offchain "solution," to reward the credit card companies that fund it, and- whether they know it or not- absolutely destroyed Bitcoin's usefulness & chance of serious adoption.  

But no- I don't think BCH will be the "winner" in any sense, at least as far as pure valuation goes.  

Thoughts on iEthereum? A friend was talking it up the other day.
Never heard of it.  If he was talking about ethereum I agree with rhythmdoctor except I'd rate it safer than bitcoin long term.  People will actually use the ethereum network.  It's already the most used blockchain in the world, and the disparity will only grow larger as time passes.  

Couple interesting things for cryptobros out there that I've really only learned about in the past couple weeks.  

I have a lot of money tied up on Uphold, much of it linked to price of gold, some to silver, a lot to BAT as well (not including BAT I have on a hardware wallet).  I just learned this week that Uphold has partnered with a physical metal exchange named Ausecure, so you can use your balances on Uphold to purchase metal directly from Ausecure.  Doesn't even have to match the currency 'card' on Uphold, just has to cover the balance due for the transaction.  Cool.

I'm also looking for a good decentralized finance (DeFi) platform to loan out my BAT and start collecting interest.  Wouldn't mind playing around with this 'yield farming' stuff- I suppose you could use a decentralized exchange to swap out of a given crypto into one that has more profitable APY.  Interesting stuff, certainly not without its risks though.  

Russia legalizes bitcoin and other cryptos, essentially removing them from legal jeopardy and legitimizing them in a sense.  Not as legal tender, but as above board investment vehicles basically.  

https://www.rt.com/russia/496959-russia-legalizes-cryptocurrencies/

Digital financial assets, including cryptocurrencies, will be permitted to сirculate legally in Russia soon, but if you're planning to go shopping with bitcoin, or other variants, forget it. They won't be legal tender.

According to the new rules, due to come into force in January 2021, Russian citizens will be allowed to buy and sell bitcoin and other digital denominations. Until now, various cryptocurrencies have been in a “grey zone,” as the state did not recognize their existence, but no penalties for mining or buying them existed either. 

Being in FBG I knew I shouldve added what I initially wanted to say along with my comment...

If you believe in Justin Sun and the great team he has assembled( if you actually read about them it is a very good team he has behind him), then don't sell. If you are a nonbeliever in the tech and or Sun and his backing then by all means sell. It's as simple as that.

I do believe Sun has enough contacts with the Chinese government ( which can be hard to deal with) and the team he has assembled that he can accomplish what he wants with Tron. 

He served on a panel to put regulations in on ICOs, so that's where my "contacts" comment comes from. I'm sure he has made relationships with people on that same panel that can help him move his project forward should there be any resistance from regulators in China.

NEO for example has the same type of backing in China...

This is not advice it's my opinion,  as always DYOD.

Regular guy,  You will be selling BAT at a loss too, great move buy high sell low, good luck with that. You sold Tron when you could've had 70% more early this morning LOL...
APOLOGIZE

Users who are viewing this thread