What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Third overall (1 Viewer)

flavaham

Footballguy
12 team league.  I have third pick.  I'm assuming that DJ and Bell go 1 and 2.  (If not, I know what I'm doing!).  I am down to Gordon or McCoy.  I'm leaning towards McCoy.  I don't believe in the Charger's offense right now and McCoy has been a stud for four years.  The only other option is Antonio, but I don't like my RB1 options at pick 22 or early 3rd.  WR talent seems a bit deeper.  

What would you do?

I'd go Brown personally. I think forcing a RB pick, just puts you behind at WR. Take best player available.

If you are 100% locked into RB, Gordon is a much better option than McCoy. I'm hoping somebody else takes McCoy in every draft I do.

I'd go Brown personally. I think forcing a RB pick, just puts you behind at WR. Take best player available.

If you are 100% locked into RB, Gordon is a much better option than McCoy. I'm hoping somebody else takes McCoy in every draft I do.
Ditto......regarding the Brown pick.  I would have McCoy over Gordon if you must take a RB.  I understand the injury worry on McCoy but Gordon hasn't been the picture of health either.  I have more confidence in McCoy to do what is expected than Gordon.  I do like both but McCoy just a tinge more.

I think I'm worse off by taking a WR here is the thing.  The WR talent is much deeper than RB in my opinion.  I'm looking at MAYBE Lynch or Crowell as my RB1 if I go with Brown.  Not sure I'm ok with that.  

How's your lineup structure (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, etc) and is this a PPR league?  One of the big 3 WR (AB, Julio, ODB) is a lock for me in the #3 slot.  You can go high-floor RB or RB's who are in RBBC or sudo-RBBC (Peterson, Ingram, Ware, McCaffery, etc) and then try to land Doug Martin in rounds 6-7. as you RB2 or RB3.   Doug Martin should get 75%+ of the workload this year.  You could also go try to get Darren McFadden in round 7 and beyond.. he's a guaranteed start for at least 6 games while Zeke is out, and he could easily be a top 12 RB during those games.

I think I'm worse off by taking a WR here is the thing.  The WR talent is much deeper than RB in my opinion.  I'm looking at MAYBE Lynch or Crowell as my RB1 if I go with Brown.  Not sure I'm ok with that.  
Brown is the safest pick at the highest floor out there.  I would rather have that and piece together a RB corps later on as everyone after the big 2 have lots of risk. 

Users who are viewing this thread