Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rockaction

Rock Du Jour: 5/26/19 - Trust Me, Connecticut Can't Get Any Uglier...Oh, Wait...

18 minutes ago, rockaction said:

tim, just admit it...

What am I supposed to admit? When I wrote I felt safe I was referring to buying products that I consume: food, over the counter medicine. That’s what you brought up. Now you’re talking about homeless? 

And plastic straws and bags? Am I supposed to care? I don’t. 

Just now, timschochet said:

What am I supposed to admit? When I wrote I felt safe I was referring to buying products that I consume: food, over the counter medicine. That’s what you brought up. Now you’re talking about homeless? 

And plastic straws and bags? Am I supposed to care? I don’t. 

It's a Jane's Addiction song. Just admit how far left you are. You're now supporting something even CT thinks is too far left.

47 minutes ago, rockaction said:

It's a Jane's Addiction song. Just admit how far left you are. You're now supporting something even CT thinks is too far left.

I have no idea if I support what CT is doing. I support the principle of regulations to make products more safe. Apparently you don’t, so we disagree. 

If that makes me “far left” then my understanding of terms needs work I guess. 

17 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I have no idea if I support what CT is doing. I support the principle of regulations to make products more safe.

This says a lot. You have no idea about the particular case, yet you're willing to extrapolate a generalization from my not-even-explicit disagreement with adopting the EU cosmetic regulations, of which you admittedly know little, as do I. Simply put, you've assigned me to a philosophic outlook I've nowhere near expressed while supporting a particular act when you have no idea about its elements. Good work.

I don’t know all the details of the makeup industry or the health risks but the general discussion of health  regulations, I have to side with Tim here. I don’t see that as an inherent left issue. Now maybe this particular CT bill is extreme? If so, why?

3 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

I don’t know all the details of the makeup industry or the health risks but the general discussion of health  regulations, I have to side with Tim here. I don’t see that as an inherent left issue. Now maybe this particular CT bill is extreme? If so, why?

Don’t fool yourself.  Consumer protection is a left issue.  People on the right will knee-jerk to “the market” and “right to buy a cheaper alternative”.  Consumer protection is a left concept that recognizes that safety cannot simply be left up to the market because then people die. 

“The right” as a rule only suggests an attachment to this sort of issue when they realize, for instance, Boeing sold a safety upgrade to a plane that crashed without it and they’ll look terrible supporting that.