What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 MBSL Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Sure would hope so. THought the clock was 4 hours? ANd the league wasn't set up as of 9 AM at all (when I went to bed.)

League One - Starts August 23rd.  4 hour clock, off at night.  Will take 16-20 owners in this league.  If more than 16 owners, a flex position will be added.
No way I can do this on a 2 hour clock. And a 2 hour clock starting mid-day on the same day the league was set up on MFL is brutal

Last edited by a moderator:
Was just trying to slide myself down in the draft order, but don't know how on MFL without screwing EVERYTHING up or simply re-setting it.

Just did a replacement pick...not happy about it though. ALso changed the timer to 4 hours. Feel free to change it back, but replace me if so.

The league just filled today so starting this morning wasn't an option.  I set it up while at work.  We have 3 in the office and two were out today so between handling the phones and walk ins it was a bit busy.  Upgraded last years league which must have had a two hour clock carried over.  Didn't think to check it.  I usually do no clock the first round until everyone gets checked in.  Also had to reconfigure from 18 owners (last year) back to 16 which means two of you won't be linked.  Anyone new to this league will also have to link.

It wasn't fair to Renesauz that he drew the second spot and didn't get his player.  He wanted Brown so I reverted the draft and gave him Brown.  Crippler had passed on Brown and took Bell so I gave him Bell again.  Crippler, Bro1ncos, Norseman, and Shadowbox will have to re-pick. 

Please PM next through the first round.

League One - Starts August 23rd.  4 hour clock, off at night.  Will take 16-20 owners in this league.  If more than 16 owners, a flex position will be added.
So we aren't doing flex with this, correct?  Because the starting position are still set at flex.

No flex, standard FBG survivor format.  let me know if I missed something in the setup.

Also just turned on the draft clock.  I suspect we'll finish up this week, but if not, it will be off over Labor Day Weekend.

Well that sucked. Was 9 picks away at 9 AM when I went to bed, and saw the clock off and that Bass went 10 hours yesterday. Then y'all proceeded to knock off all 8 picks before me in less then 2 hours and set me up to timeout.

(Luckily on the turn...and wouldn't have changed a thing)

:wall:

Well that sucked. Was 9 picks away at 9 AM when I went to bed, and saw the clock off and that Bass went 10 hours yesterday. Then y'all proceeded to knock off all 8 picks before me in less then 2 hours and set me up to timeout.

(Luckily on the turn...and wouldn't have changed a thing)

:wall:
So then it really didn't suck aSo then it really didn't suck eh?

*sigh*

9 away again, uncomfortable distance to predraft.

Threw about 7 names together for this round, but can't predraft the next. Hopefully y'all aren't quite as quick today!

discussion starts to slack off this time of year as we all have home draft/stuff going on....little check in at the halfway point

6.16    Andrew Luck IND QB15    (6)
7.01    Andy Dalton CIN QB16    (11)

1.01    David Johnson ARI RB1 (8)
9.01    Paul Perkins NYG RB37 (8)

3.01    Terrelle Pryor WAS WR13 (6)    
4.16    Tyreek Hill KCC WR25 (9)
5.01    Martavis Bryant PIT WR26 (10)    
8.16    Cole Beasley DAL WR51    (5)

2.16    Jimmy Graham SEA TE4 (6)

Can’t remember ever having the one hole so will be a little different.  I tend to reach a bunch in drafts as it is, so being on the ends isn’t a huge deal for me, probably makes it easier on me honestly. Johnson as a do everything back is a good place to start. 

At the (2-3) turn it was time to get a TE as I figured in this format they would start flying and not sure what would be there at 4-5.  If I thought Bennett would make it back I would have waited, but was pretty sure he wouldn’t so this pick came down to Graham or Ertz.  Was pretty committed to using 3.01 on WR since we have to start three.  Bullish on Pryor to crack top 10 this year, so not a ton of value here, but I am looking at upside.  I looked at all the other guys at WR that I knew would be going soon and just felt a little gun shy about each of them.  They all gave me sense of hesitation for one reason or another. Pryor is an immense talent with a solid QB now and I think as he has improved his craft at the position enough to warrant serious consideration as a legit top level WR.  Pretty impressive transition and I’m all in on his upside.

At (4-5) for me it was like Christmas morning.  Over the last few weeks I have targeted these 3 guys as my 3 starting WR’s in almost every league.  I haven’t been able to secure all of them every time as I have often had to take a guy like Nelson or Thomas early and I usually then ended up missing on one of Pryor or Hill.  Hard to judge the temperature of any draft on these 3 guys in particular as there seems to be a lot of different opinions and variance on how people feel about them.  As you probably know, I considered Hill at 3.01 so to see him last all the way back was like seeing that brand new bike behind the tree when you walk downstairs Christmas morning. Don’t really need to go into him much more, other than Mr. I probably lost his house when I didn’t take him at 3.01.  I LOVE Bryant this year in every draft for the price you can usually still get him at.  I think he is still almost criminally undervalued by the fantasy community for some reason and will provide great ROI.  At this turn getting Hill/Bryant as WR25 and WR26 had me sprinting to the podium. 

Having passed on some great QB’s at 4-5 I knew I would be looking at QB at (6-7) and it was just a matter of what junk would be left as I knew many other owners would be targeting QB’s in the 30 picks before my next one. Seeing Luck still available was kind of nice considering I thought I was going to have to just be adding two mid range guys and that would have been really boring.  QB1 upside at a QB15 price is worth rolling the dice at the end of the 6th. I’ll take 14-15 games and be happy. Could be a game changer, could blow up in my face.  Dalton seems to have the weapons justify being a solid contributor in this format.  Others seem to be a little higher on him than me, just need him to get off to a respectable start prior to the start of bye weeks as I feel I have some guys that could put up some weeks that can help cover some points. May end up taking a 3rd QB depending on how things pan out. Was really hard to leave all the meat on the bone at RB at this turn.

At (8-9) it started getting pretty boring.  I narrowed these picks down to about 5 guys and settled on Beasley to add a little week to week stability to what could be considered a pretty volatile top 3 at WR. I say it in every write up, but Beasley may be the most consistently underrated player in this format. Crazy.  Drafted in the 50’s again when he really puts up WR2 type numbers. Perkins should see 18-20 touches a week and will work as an RB2 where many will be weak as well.  Totally missed the bye week conflict with DJ so that will dictate my additions to RB to some extent. Probably wouldn’t have changed my mind. 

Overall think I have some immunity potential on any given week, but will need to add some quality depth to survive any weeks where the pop decides to take a combined week off.   :banned:

Just an idea, not looking to start a ruckus, but if Jeter doesn't show up by the end of Round 10, it's my opinion that someone should flip to Commissioner and make a pick for him between Ref's picks at 10.16/11.01. In effect, bumping him to the back of the line for Round 10, but getting another player that belongs off the board, off, before the start of Round 11.

Personally, from an aesthetic standpoint, it irritates me considerably when 'skips' are allowed in perpetuity. Even if it's only one Player, people start having access to player(s) they might otherwise not have access to. I mean, even if it's free, this is a competition, and someone missing a pick bugs me like when something artificial stains a process. For example, the Redskins fan in me holds that their ***official*** record in Super Bowls is 1-2, as I personally feel that the wins vs the Dolphins and Broncos are illegitimate, because they took place in strike-shortened years. Maybe it's just me, and maybe it's my tough #### for being a purist to a ridiculous degree about certain things.

Maybe someone from the opposite end of the Draft, if the idea gets traction? Otherwise, carry on...

So noted nittany. I usually let it go two full rounds so everyone gets the advantage of an extra player or two being available

Stinkin Ref said:
discussion starts to slack off this time of year as we all have home draft/stuff going on....little check in at the halfway point

6.16    Andrew Luck IND QB15    (6)
7.01    Andy Dalton CIN QB16    (11)

1.01    David Johnson ARI RB1 (8)
9.01    Paul Perkins NYG RB37 (8)

3.01    Terrelle Pryor WAS WR13 (6)    
4.16    Tyreek Hill KCC WR25 (9)
5.01    Martavis Bryant PIT WR26 (10)    
8.16    Cole Beasley DAL WR51    (5)

2.16    Jimmy Graham SEA TE4 (6)

Can’t remember ever having the one hole so will be a little different.  I tend to reach a bunch in drafts as it is, so being on the ends isn’t a huge deal for me, probably makes it easier on me honestly. Johnson as a do everything back is a good place to start. 

At the (2-3) turn it was time to get a TE as I figured in this format they would start flying and not sure what would be there at 4-5.  If I thought Bennett would make it back I would have waited, but was pretty sure he wouldn’t so this pick came down to Graham or Ertz.  Was pretty committed to using 3.01 on WR since we have to start three.  Bullish on Pryor to crack top 10 this year, so not a ton of value here, but I am looking at upside.  I looked at all the other guys at WR that I knew would be going soon and just felt a little gun shy about each of them.  They all gave me sense of hesitation for one reason or another. Pryor is an immense talent with a solid QB now and I think as he has improved his craft at the position enough to warrant serious consideration as a legit top level WR.  Pretty impressive transition and I’m all in on his upside.

At (4-5) for me it was like Christmas morning.  Over the last few weeks I have targeted these 3 guys as my 3 starting WR’s in almost every league.  I haven’t been able to secure all of them every time as I have often had to take a guy like Nelson or Thomas early and I usually then ended up missing on one of Pryor or Hill.  Hard to judge the temperature of any draft on these 3 guys in particular as there seems to be a lot of different opinions and variance on how people feel about them.  As you probably know, I considered Hill at 3.01 so to see him last all the way back was like seeing that brand new bike behind the tree when you walk downstairs Christmas morning. Don’t really need to go into him much more, other than Mr. I probably lost his house when I didn’t take him at 3.01.  I LOVE Bryant this year in every draft for the price you can usually still get him at.  I think he is still almost criminally undervalued by the fantasy community for some reason and will provide great ROI.  At this turn getting Hill/Bryant as WR25 and WR26 had me sprinting to the podium. 

Having passed on some great QB’s at 4-5 I knew I would be looking at QB at (6-7) and it was just a matter of what junk would be left as I knew many other owners would be targeting QB’s in the 30 picks before my next one. Seeing Luck still available was kind of nice considering I thought I was going to have to just be adding two mid range guys and that would have been really boring.  QB1 upside at a QB15 price is worth rolling the dice at the end of the 6th. I’ll take 14-15 games and be happy. Could be a game changer, could blow up in my face.  Dalton seems to have the weapons justify being a solid contributor in this format.  Others seem to be a little higher on him than me, just need him to get off to a respectable start prior to the start of bye weeks as I feel I have some guys that could put up some weeks that can help cover some points. May end up taking a 3rd QB depending on how things pan out. Was really hard to leave all the meat on the bone at RB at this turn.

At (8-9) it started getting pretty boring.  I narrowed these picks down to about 5 guys and settled on Beasley to add a little week to week stability to what could be considered a pretty volatile top 3 at WR. I say it in every write up, but Beasley may be the most consistently underrated player in this format. Crazy.  Drafted in the 50’s again when he really puts up WR2 type numbers. Perkins should see 18-20 touches a week and will work as an RB2 where many will be weak as well.  Totally missed the bye week conflict with DJ so that will dictate my additions to RB to some extent. Probably wouldn’t have changed my mind. 

Overall think I have some immunity potential on any given week, but will need to add some quality depth to survive any weeks where the pop decides to take a combined week off.   :banned:
I really like your team.  Some nice players fell to you.

Got fortunate (I guess) to secure Glennon and Trubisky in rounds 16/17.  Burned a roster spot but I really got caught out on the QB run during this draft.

Could have had Big Ben (or Prescott), Higbee, and two kickers.  Instead I get Chicago's QBs and Hunter Henry.  I think I like the former better.  I really got spooked when Reed fell to me at 3.12.  Felt like I got a free second round pick.  However knowing his injury history I was forced to back him up.  Based on FBG projections, Henry was a steal at 6.5.  Got backed into a corner when Palmer's bye matched up with the available QBs in the middle rounds.  Drafting Blake Bortles is bad enough, not having him the week your QB1 is on a bye is worse.

Users who are viewing this thread