What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL Pick #1 PPR Redraft Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Wheezer34

Footballguy
Haven't seen a thread yet, so I thought I'd start.

The 1.1 pick is an obvious no-brainer - Johnson or maybe Bell (DUH).  So let's move on...

But what are you looking to take at the 2-3 bend?  The RB talent was looking blah, but Cook and McCaffrey have now entered the discussion during the past week. 

Personally I'm hoping Gronk drops (wishful thinking, but may happen in my league) with another WR, possibly D. Thomas.  If no Gronk, my WR options seem to be Cooks, Baldwin and DHop.  Then take a RB at the 5-6, hoping for Woodhead if he stays healthy.

Haven't seen a thread yet, so I thought I'd start.

The 1.1 pick is an obvious no-brainer - Johnson or maybe Bell (DUH).  So let's move on...

But what are you looking to take at the 2-3 bend?  The RB talent was looking blah, but Cook and McCaffrey have now entered the discussion during the past week. 

Personally I'm hoping Gronk drops (wishful thinking, but may happen in my league) with another WR, possibly D. Thomas.  If no Gronk, my WR options seem to be Cooks, Baldwin and DHop.  Then take a RB at the 5-6, hoping for Woodhead if he stays healthy.
Plan is fine but i'd be looking to do a lot better than Woodhead at the 4/5 turn, someone like Martin or Ingram

The players at the 2/3 turn are leaving me uninspired to say the least. I'm thinking of breaking my cardinal rule of not taking a about early and snagging Brady if he's still on the board and then Gronk or D. Thomas if he's still there. Not really what I want to do but need to find the most dominant players at that turn as it's a long list of players getting chosen before the 4/5 turn

I have the 1 spot in a PPR draft on Friday, will post results/answer questions if it will help anyone.

I'm definitely looking to go WR/WR or possibly WR/Gronk, but am also considering Zeke if he's there at 3.1.  We just instituted 1 keeper per year, so drafting Zeke in the 3rd would allow me to keep him for next year for a 1st rounder.  That will all depend on the suspension obviously (if he somehow gets an injunction and delays any discipline beyond this season, that's out the window.)

As of now, my plan is to go WR/WR at the turn, with D Thomas and Hopkins. That being said, if Gronk or someone like Gurley fall, I would take them in addition to Thomas.

Trying to get some volume players in the first 3 rounds so I can take some gambles later on with possibly Tyreek (if he falls), Martavis, or A-Rob.

I have one tonight.  1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1 non-QB flex.  Definitely taking David Johnson first; will take Elliott if he's at the 2.12/3.01 turn but don't expect him to be.  Would consider Rodgers there but figure to end up with the best RBs/WRs in my lists.  Will likely do the same at the 4.12/5.01 turn, unless a top 3 TE is available.

Think you have to take the best RB available at 1.  After Leveon Bell, you hope that Elliot falls to you but if not taking a Gronk or best player available such as Gurley, Cooks, possibly Rogers makes sense. 

Last night I went Fournette,Baldwin at the 2/3 turn. They seem to be there a lot in drafts I have seen.At the 4/5 the top RBs left were Woodhead,Martin and Gillislee.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is how the first few rounds of my 12-team PPR draft went last weekend (I had the 1.01 pick):

1.01 DJohnson

2.12 Doug Baldwin

3.01 Zeke

4.12 JLandry

5.01 RWilson

6.12 BPowell

7.01 Tyrell Williams

I could've had DThomas at 3.01 but I couldn't pass up Zeke at the 2/3 turn. Might have problems at WR but I'm hoping I can throw up an RB as trade bait (I also have Ingram and TWest).

I am almost finished with a 12 team, 18 round, 1-1-2-1, 2 flex, tiered PPR draft.  Hope this helps.

1. David Johnson

2-3 turn.  Ezekiel Elliott and Tom Brady.  Lost in finals last year, made playoffs each season, and wanted to roll the dice and tread water until EE came back and gave me a DJ/EE combo in the second half and playoffs.  I didn't like any of the WRs here (WR hungry league), and thought I could get like kind value later.  I'm big on Brady this year (Rodgers went 2.06) and planned to take Tom to help me stay competitive in the first few weeks without EE.  I was planning on going WR-WR, WR-TE, or WR-RB at the 4-5 turn.  Passed on DT, Nuk, Kelce.

4-5 turn.  Jimmy Graham and Larry Fitzgerald.  Keenan Allen and Allen Robinson went in the 5 picks before me, was bummed.  Didn't see value of WR-WR, so took Larry, who in PPR, should provide WR1-2 production at a deep discount.  Super high on Graham (TE5 off board) and he was a target pre-draft.   Through 5:  IMO, got top 3 QB, RBs, TE, but I'm going to have to hit on some late WRs to make up for taking Graham, who with Brady, were very non-traditional picks.  Was targeting DeVante or Diggs at the next turn.  Fitz was WR24 off the board, and I planned (wrong) that there would be less WRs (turns out 10 went) in the next 24 picks. Landry, Watkins, Edelman, Diggs, Tate, Bryant, Marshall, Snead, Sanders, DeVante.  I am super high on GRaham, but unless you are super high on a TE, I recommend WR-WR if you draft like I did.

6-7 turn.  Spencer Ware and Pierre Garcon.  Ouch on Ware.  Was thinking he would control the early season touches and help me bridge to EE's return.  Ouch on DeVante, one of my must haves, going the pick before me.  I love Garcon this year as a target hog in SF and a QB who has shown a willingness to single out one guy.  Thought long and hard on Terrence West and Jeremy Maclin, but figured they would be available next round based on ADP (wrong on both).  Toyed around with taking Ertz, but thought Ware had more upside.

8-9 turn.  Corey Davis and Corey Coleman.  I had my two old farts at WR, and now needed some upside plays.  Was pretty happy to find both available here.  In hindsight, if I knew that Qbs like Luck, Winston, Rivers, and Prescott would be here, I might have passed on Brady and taken DT at the 2-3 turn. 

10-11 turn.  Jizz Rodgers and Darren McFadden.  Both fill the same roll, bridges to EE returning.  Hating taking DmC.  Others under consideration were Rawls, JBrown, and Britt.

12-13 turn.  Rishard Matthews and Robby Anderson.  Two more Wrs who provide depth and might be startable.  Worst case is I'll know soon and can churn the roster if need be.  Matthews gave me a little insurance on Davis and again could be a bridge early in the season.

14-15 turn.  HOU D and K Justin Turner.  Wanted to avoid getting the 12th D and 13th kicker as half a dozen of each were off the board.

No backup QB or TE yet.  Spending high picks at these spots allows me, IMO, to accumulate more RB/WR flyers on my roster and deal with byes on the WW when they arrive.

With three picks left:

QB: Tom Brady

RB: David Johnson, Ezekiel Elliott, Spencer Ware, Jizz Rodgers, Darren McFadden

WR: Larry Fitzgerald, Pierre Garcon, Corey Davis, Corey Coleman, Rishard Matthews, Robby Anderson

TE: Jimmy Graham

D: HOU, K: Turner

Bolded is how I see a week one lineup playing out.....Happy to answer any questions.  Hope this helps.

This is how the first few rounds of my 12-team PPR draft went last weekend (I had the 1.01 pick):

1.01 DJohnson

2.12 Doug Baldwin

3.01 Zeke

4.12 JLandry

5.01 RWilson

6.12 BPowell

7.01 Tyrell Williams

I could've had DThomas at 3.01 but I couldn't pass up Zeke at the 2/3 turn. Might have problems at WR but I'm hoping I can throw up an RB as trade bait (I also have Ingram and TWest).
That's a strong start.  I'm on the fence on Zeke at 3.1, he's a league winner late in the year or a steal if he plays 12+ games, but the possibility of going with DT at 3.1 and then taking Fitzgerald or Crabtree in place of Wilson at 5.1 gives you a solid backfield and WR corps.  Then, you can take someone like Rudolph or Delanie Walker at 7.1 and wait on QB until the 8/9 turn and you can have a killer team if you can get a quality QB at #96/97

I am almost finished with a 12 team, 18 round, 1-1-2-1, 2 flex, tiered PPR draft.  Hope this helps.

1. David Johnson

2-3 turn.  Ezekiel Elliott and Tom Brady.  Lost in finals last year, made playoffs each season, and wanted to roll the dice and tread water until EE came back and gave me a DJ/EE combo in the second half and playoffs.  I didn't like any of the WRs here (WR hungry league), and thought I could get like kind value later.  I'm big on Brady this year (Rodgers went 2.06) and planned to take Tom to help me stay competitive in the first few weeks without EE.  I was planning on going WR-WR, WR-TE, or WR-RB at the 4-5 turn.  Passed on DT, Nuk, Kelce.

4-5 turn.  Jimmy Graham and Larry Fitzgerald.  Keenan Allen and Allen Robinson went in the 5 picks before me, was bummed.  Didn't see value of WR-WR, so took Larry, who in PPR, should provide WR1-2 production at a deep discount.  Super high on Graham (TE5 off board) and he was a target pre-draft.   Through 5:  IMO, got top 3 QB, RBs, TE, but I'm going to have to hit on some late WRs to make up for taking Graham, who with Brady, were very non-traditional picks.  Was targeting DeVante or Diggs at the next turn.  Fitz was WR24 off the board, and I planned (wrong) that there would be less WRs (turns out 10 went) in the next 24 picks. Landry, Watkins, Edelman, Diggs, Tate, Bryant, Marshall, Snead, Sanders, DeVante.  I am super high on GRaham, but unless you are super high on a TE, I recommend WR-WR if you draft like I did.

6-7 turn.  Spencer Ware and Pierre Garcon.  Ouch on Ware.  Was thinking he would control the early season touches and help me bridge to EE's return.  Ouch on DeVante, one of my must haves, going the pick before me.  I love Garcon this year as a target hog in SF and a QB who has shown a willingness to single out one guy.  Thought long and hard on Terrence West and Jeremy Maclin, but figured they would be available next round based on ADP (wrong on both).  Toyed around with taking Ertz, but thought Ware had more upside.

8-9 turn.  Corey Davis and Corey Coleman.  I had my two old farts at WR, and now needed some upside plays.  Was pretty happy to find both available here.  In hindsight, if I knew that Qbs like Luck, Winston, Rivers, and Prescott would be here, I might have passed on Brady and taken DT at the 2-3 turn. 

10-11 turn.  Jizz Rodgers and Darren McFadden.  Both fill the same roll, bridges to EE returning.  Hating taking DmC.  Others under consideration were Rawls, JBrown, and Britt.

12-13 turn.  Rishard Matthews and Robby Anderson.  Two more Wrs who provide depth and might be startable.  Worst case is I'll know soon and can churn the roster if need be.  Matthews gave me a little insurance on Davis and again could be a bridge early in the season.

14-15 turn.  HOU D and K Justin Turner.  Wanted to avoid getting the 12th D and 13th kicker as half a dozen of each were off the board.

No backup QB or TE yet.  Spending high picks at these spots allows me, IMO, to accumulate more RB/WR flyers on my roster and deal with byes on the WW when they arrive.

With three picks left:

QB: Tom Brady

RB: David Johnson, Ezekiel Elliott, Spencer Ware, Jizz Rodgers, Darren McFadden

WR: Larry Fitzgerald, Pierre Garcon, Corey Davis, Corey Coleman, Rishard Matthews, Robby Anderson

TE: Jimmy Graham

D: HOU, K: Turner

Bolded is how I see a week one lineup playing out.....Happy to answer any questions.  Hope this helps.
Sucks about Ware, that hurts, but you still have a team that can win it all.  You're rock-solid everywhere but WR, if you can cobble something together there, you're in good shape.

That's a strong start.  I'm on the fence on Zeke at 3.1, he's a league winner late in the year or a steal if he plays 12+ games, but the possibility of going with DT at 3.1 and then taking Fitzgerald or Crabtree in place of Wilson at 5.1 gives you a solid backfield and WR corps.  Then, you can take someone like Rudolph or Delanie Walker at 7.1 and wait on QB until the 8/9 turn and you can have a killer team if you can get a quality QB at #96/97
Yeah, I wish I would've waited on QB and grabbed a guy like Rivers (who went really late) but oh well.

Had my draft last night.  Start 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1 flex RB/WR/TE.  10 teams.  PPR

1. 1.01 - David Johnson - best player
  2. 2.10 - DeMarco Murray - had him as my RB8; the rookie RBs were what was left
  3. 3.01 - Amari Cooper - had him as my WR8; plenty of others there but he's solid
  4. 4.10 - DeAndre Hopkins - another solid one
  5. 5.01 - Greg Olsen - my TE3; big tier drop after him
  6. 6.10 - Mark Ingram - excellent value for my team's RB3
  7. 7.01 - Jameis Winston - a bit earlier than I thought to get my QB1 but took him anyway
  8. 8.10 - Emmanuel Sanders - value
  9. 9.01 - DeVante Parker - value
  10. 10.10 - Andrew Luck - I look at him like Bell from last year or Elliott this year
  11. 11.01 - Terrance West - the Ravens real best RB?
  12. 12.10 - Minnesota D/ST - this was the 7th D/ST and I had them 1st and 2nd in my rankings
  13. 13.01 - Matt Bryant - this was the 7th PK and I had him 1st in my rankings
  14. 14.10 - Eli Manning - in case Winson AND Luck are out
  15. 15.01 - Evan Engram - high upside based on preseason talk
Of note:

1. Elliott went 2.04
  2. 2 teams took 2 PKs
  3. 1 team took 2 D/STs
  4. 1 team didn't choose a PK
  5. Rodgers went 2.01; Brady went 3.04
  6. Gronk went 2.02
  7. Kareem Hunt went 3.06 (the first of the rookie RBs; Cook went 3.07 and Fournette went 3.08)

Users who are viewing this thread