What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jordy Nelson (1 Viewer)

TheCommish

Footballguy
2 months ago, having the number 4 pick in my full-point PPR draft seemed like a great spot. I would either get one of DJ, Bell, Zeke or A.Brown. Now it's a little more dicey.

My draft is tonight. Am I crazy to be considering Jordy Nelson at #4? Other than the season he tore his ACL, he's been a top 2 or 3 WR every year. Number 1 option in a great offense that doesn't have a good run game. And he scores way more TDs than Julio.

Thoughts?

Not crazy, however I think it may be a bit of overthink here. I'm a huge fan of Jordy, but I'd be hard pressed to pass on Julio for him. 

Not crazy but there is a lot of WR Dept in the later rounds. Not much RB dept..if you took Jordy then you need a good plan to get some running backs later in the draft.

i grt what you're saying though....the running backs are a gamble after DJ and Bell. 

Jene Bramel‏ @JeneBramel  10m10 minutes ago

More

Jene Bramel Retweeted Randy Kessler

Think Nelson took knee just below thigh pad on play before he pulled up. Hopefully, more contusion than sprain. Was no comment after game.

:(

How long will our guy be out?
it's extremely odd that a player of Jordy's caliber literally has 0 updates... anywhere. I haven't even seen any speculation of the severity of this. 

my hope (fingers crossed) is that it means it was just a contusion and since the game was out of hand, they didn't want to press him. 

Link

The initial fear caused by a non-contact injury to Jordy Nelson on Sunday night would scare any fan.

Everyone remembers the nightmare of the non-contact preseason injury in 2015 where a routine play that turned into a season-ending ACL tear.

Fortunately, that is not the case here.

The play on which Nelson exited was non-contact, but he was already injured on the play before when he collided with the cornerback and took a knee to the quadriceps (front thigh) muscle.

He was seen stretching on the sideline.

Typically, players that can return to play do so rather quickly. It is common to utilize heat, stretching, exercise bike and a wrap for an inured quad. When Nelson didn't return early and didn’t return for the first series after halftime, it became clear he will not return.

The key here will be preventing swelling and maintaining flexibility overnight, most importantly on the Packers’ flight home.He will need to ice the area, provide compression and passively stretch the quad constantly to prevent swelling and tightness.

If he arrives to the Packers’ facility tomorrow able to bring his heel to his rear and walk without a limp, he will have a chance to play next week. If not, he could be out for a couple of weeks.

The Packers seem to have saved him from more harm by not returning him to the lopsided game.

With good medical care, he will be limited in practice but ready next week or soon thereafter.

Probably not unusual to not hear much yet considering they were the night game. Hoping for good news though.

There was contact.  This isn't non contact ACL type thing.  He took a hard knee right to his quad.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was contact.  This isn't non contact ACL type thing.  He took a hard knee right to his quad.
Quad is one of the larger muscles. If it was a strain I could see this being a multi-week thing. 

If it's as you describe, likely be back next week, 2 at most. 

I crashed my bike as a kid - my right quad smacked against a rock when I landed. Had a giant angry purple bruise for about a month - couldn't walk for a week, then limped for a week.

I didnt see the play but so long as he didn't strain it, this should be a minimal injury time-wise. ETA: must've been one hell of a hit to knock him out the entire game. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds similar to the Gronk thing, where he likely would have played through it if it were a playoff game, but no need to push it in week 2.

Users who are viewing this thread