What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Miami's LB (1 Viewer)

Richc111

Footballguy
I was looking at projections for the tackles for Miami and the got both Alonso and Timmons right at the top with 70 -80 solo tackles each. Typically in a 4-3  the MLB gobbles up most of the tackles. Should I believe that both of them guys are going to get 100 total tackles each while playing on the outside? I am in a dynasty league and have Alonso already and Timmons if he gets 80 solos is good at the price but not sure if I believe both of them will get 100 total tackles. Any thoughts? 

Thanks 

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a bit more complicated than just the MLB gobbling up most of the tackles in a 4-3. It depends if the MLB is a two down thumper or a three down coverage backer.

In this case, it looks like Miami will play a two down thumper like Hull or Maualuga. I would expect either of them to put up OK but not great numbers, and Alonso and Timmons to play in the sub packages and put up better numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread