What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rate my Team! (1 Viewer)

Hot Sauce Guy

Footballguy
Sure, why not:

D/ST, redraft, 12 team league, PPR, bonuses at 100+ Ru/Re (combined), 300+ PaYd

start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 O-FL, 1 TE, 1 D/ST

Picked 1.08 

QB freefall - and it bit me in the a--. Teams around me stacking up on QB2 in the 10th. Brutal. I think they're finally getting sick of me getting good QBs late. :doh:  

QB - Dalton (Taylor/Bradford (for the week 6 BYE)

RB - DCook, Ty Montgomery (Perkins/Hunt/White/J.Williams GB/J.Williams BUF) 

WR - AJ Green, Golden Tate, M.Bryant (D.Parker/R.Matthews)

TE - Brate

D/ST - MIN

K - whoever I pick up after I drop Franks. lol

QB is brutal - I'll drop Bradford after week 6 against GB. Took Taylor and didn't realize had same BYE as Dalton. Between Dalton & Taylor I should have a decent weekly starter though. 

Feels pretty deep at RB / WR. Handcuffed Montgomery & if Ty gets converted to WR that'll give me 2 starters in the GB offense.  And I love Williams as a lottery ticket in Buffalo or as trade bait to the McCoy owner. 

Thoughts? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems a waste to roster 3 QBs. Who is your TE? I don't see Montgomery going back to WR, GB is too deep at that position. 

Good luck.  Please see mine: https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/758120-who-to-keep-involves-gurley-cooper-m-thomas/
It is a waste. I'll happily dump Bradford after week 6. Didn't you see where I had 2 QB with the same BYE? 

Brate's my TE. And Montgomery will play RB for me regardless and JWill is his handcuff. 

Not sure how you consider this a "rating" - seems more like hasty criticism. 

No snark intended. But yes, seems a waste to keep average QBs on your roster for 5 weeks. Just pick someone up after week 5 to cover a week. 

No snark intended. But yes, seems a waste to keep average QBs on your roster for 5 weeks. Just pick someone up after week 5 to cover a week. 
In this league that's not possible. Deep benches People will stack up just to f me out of a QB. 

Picked 1.08 

QB - Dalton (Taylor/Bradford (for the week 6 BYE)

RB - DCook, Ty Montgomery (Perkins/Hunt/White/J.Williams GB/J.Williams BUF) 

WR - AJ Green, Golden Tate, M.Bryant (D.Parker/R.Matthews)

TE - Brate
You're too negative on Dalton, he's going to be solid. Green, Tate and Bryant is a solid starting WR corps for sure, especially in PPR. Bryants a swing for the fences guy for sure.  I think Cook is the real deal and will finish as a Top 10 RB.  It's a solid team, certainly doesn't scare me though........

Please see mine

You're too negative on Dalton, he's going to be solid. Green, Tate and Bryant is a solid starting WR corps for sure, especially in PPR. Bryants a swing for the fences guy for sure.  I think Cook is the real deal and will finish as a Top 10 RB.  It's a solid team, certainly doesn't scare me though........

Please see mine
Oh I love Dalton - I think he's a bigtime bounce back guy.  I just missed Winston by 1 pick, then Rivers by 1 pick, Stafford by 1 pick, even Wentz went 3 rounds ahead of his ADP - Dalton was my 4th Freefall target - and I like Taylor a lot too - he has top 7 potential, but same BYE as Dalton. Doh. I figured better to take Taylor with bradford as a BYE guy than take Alex Smith as my QB2 with none upside. 

Appreciate the feedback, thanks! 

I like the look of this squad, and I am also of the opinion Dalton will be OK. (I have seen him melt down in primetime on a number of occasions though, but that may have been just coincidence)

You also have the added benefit of having the Dalton/A.J. Green combo to root for when you are watching the games unfold. Makes it a bit more fun when you have a big combo like that working. :thumbup:

The only negative I see, is I personally might have wanted one more solid name at RB. I tend to stock up heavily, and leave each draft with 6-7, and essentially every nook and cranny of my bench has another RB sitting on it.

EXAMPLE - Our leagues are start 3WRs, and we only have 6 bench spots. I try and draft 3 WRs with differing bye weeks (if possible), and ONLY have one other WR on my bench to fill in. I figure I have plenty at WR, since they have differing bye weeks, plus I have one 4th WR to play when needed. Unless its a stud thats injured, I never carry any more than that if I can help it. I use that spot for yet another RB  flyer.

You know, I just noticed after looking back at your team, you have locked up a backfield, and I am a big proponent of that every year, and try and do it in each league if possible. Not only that, you got one of my "go-to's" this year in the Green Bay backfield. I am not 100% fully sold on Ty Montgomery, but any doubt that we could have you have erased with the later acquisition of Jamaal Williams, so well done.  I will likely have this same combo somewhere on  a roster by weeks end myself.

So you might not have any RB issues after all.....when I look back. Maybe I am not quite as high on Dalvin Cook yet as some of the others here are, but he seems to have told the organization "I am here and ready" during this preseason, so you are likely good to go at RB.

If you truly aren't happy with Dalton, just wait a few weeks and when the injuries start to set in, some of these other managers who are drafting multiple QBs will have to sever ties with some of them at some point. But I don't see starting him as that bad of an issue really.

You also have a good upside WR in Devante Parker too, and you may be starting him sooner than you realize.  This is his "make or break/breakout" season in my opinion, and Cutler there helps him a bit I think.

In a 12 teamer, I am assuming 6 teams make the playoffs in your league, and you should have a good shot at the playoffs. Thats pretty much all you can ask for at this point.

TZM

TZMarkie said:
 I like the look of this squad, and I am also of the opinion Dalton will be OK. (I have seen him melt down in primetime on a number of occasions though, but that may have been just coincidence)

You also have the added benefit of having the Dalton/A.J. Green combo to root for when you are watching the games unfold. Makes it a bit more fun when you have a big combo like that working. :thumbup:

The only negative I see, is I personally might have wanted one more solid name at RB. I tend to stock up heavily, and leave each draft with 6-7, and essentially every nook and cranny of my bench has another RB sitting on it.

EXAMPLE - Our leagues are start 3WRs, and we only have 6 bench spots. I try and draft 3 WRs with differing bye weeks (if possible), and ONLY have one other WR on my bench to fill in. I figure I have plenty at WR, since they have differing bye weeks, plus I have one 4th WR to play when needed. Unless its a stud thats injured, I never carry any more than that if I can help it. I use that spot for yet another RB  flyer.

You know, I just noticed after looking back at your team, you have locked up a backfield, and I am a big proponent of that every year, and try and do it in each league if possible. Not only that, you got one of my "go-to's" this year in the Green Bay backfield. I am not 100% fully sold on Ty Montgomery, but any doubt that we could have you have erased with the later acquisition of Jamaal Williams, so well done.  I will likely have this same combo somewhere on  a roster by weeks end myself.

So you might not have any RB issues after all.....when I look back. Maybe I am not quite as high on Dalvin Cook yet as some of the others here are, but he seems to have told the organization "I am here and ready" during this preseason, so you are likely good to go at RB.

If you truly aren't happy with Dalton, just wait a few weeks and when the injuries start to set in, some of these other managers who are drafting multiple QBs will have to sever ties with some of them at some point. But I don't see starting him as that bad of an issue really.

You also have a good upside WR in Devante Parker too, and you may be starting him sooner than you realize.  This is his "make or break/breakout" season in my opinion, and Cutler there helps him a bit I think.

In a 12 teamer, I am assuming 6 teams make the playoffs in your league, and you should have a good shot at the playoffs. Thats pretty much all you can ask for at this point.

TZM
Only 4 playoff teams, 14 week season, 1 week of playoffs. 

And i think I'm gonna start Parker at Flex week 1 instead of Hunt at NEP. I wanna see what Hunt looks like before I trust him, and Parker has emerged as Cutler's go-to in the preseason. Cutler loves throwing it deep and letting Parker fight for the ball - and 3rd year breakout. He was my favorite value pick.  

I think RB is a strength - I'm high on Cook, but I also have Hunt & Perkins. I think Darkwa & Vereen are nice players for depth, but they'll both be RB2 worthy  ost weeks. IMO Perkins will carve out a larger role as the season moves on 

Thanks for the feedback! :)  

Users who are viewing this thread