Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
massraider

BJ Goodson

It was a matter of

1. actually winning the starting job

2. would get earn the trust of the coaches to be a sub-package player

Goodson did and with flying colors. He will be on those rankings soon.

And as an owner that drafted him last year, I'm very happy about not only his talent, but his commitment to be a solid pro. He's going to be around for awhile.

He's been projected to win the starting MLB job since at least March.  There's no excuse for him not being on rankings.

On 8/27/2017 at 10:45 AM, Seany.D said:

It was a matter of

1. actually winning the starting job

2. would get earn the trust of the coaches to be a sub-package player

Goodson did and with flying colors. He will be on those rankings soon.

It's late August. Adding him to rankings now would be the definition of pointless.

We discussed him here in late November.

On 8/27/2017 at 7:14 AM, massraider said:

3 down MLB for Giants.

Does not appear on FBG dynasty rankings.  

OK then.

Rudnicki has him ranked in the 40s in his IDP/LB rankings. :shrug:

The Giants haven't had a MLB him in about two decades. He should be a high floor LB2 the rest of the way. Also, Landon Collins stats were significantly down - is this correlation or causation? 

I hate this guy.  Both for blowing it up, and for causing Collins to have a lower than typical output. 

Sad thing is, I drafted this guy and was going to start him because Burfict is suspended (we start 11 IDP, 4 of them LB). But on Friday I decided to cut him and pick up Derron Lee...in part because LB has been a virtual empty blackhole on NYG. I felt better about DLee to start the season off. Lee had a great game, and I was happy. Then Goodson started having an epic game, and I sat with my head in my hand for much of the NYG-Dallas game. Lol...idiot. 

Now I have zero chance of getting Goodson back because I have the 10th waiver pick. There's no way he gets outside of the top 3-4. 

With Goodson being shipped off to Green Bay is Davis the replacement & should we expect around the same production or is Ogletree the only LB worth rostering here? I know Goodson put up some pretty good numbers in spots, especially towards the end of last season. At the very least I'd think his replacement could add some nice depth.

4 hours ago, The Man With No Name said:

They were gonna cut Goodson. Davis won the job weeks ago

This.

Davis is worth a hold to see what his role is. They see him as a $$backer/coverage type guy, although I've read conflicting reports about his performance. Still, he's going to get first crack and that could have some LB3/depth type value. Connelly is lurking though.