What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

BJ Goodson (1 Viewer)

It was a matter of

1. actually winning the starting job

2. would get earn the trust of the coaches to be a sub-package player

Goodson did and with flying colors. He will be on those rankings soon.

And as an owner that drafted him last year, I'm very happy about not only his talent, but his commitment to be a solid pro. He's going to be around for awhile.

It was a matter of

1. actually winning the starting job

2. would get earn the trust of the coaches to be a sub-package player

Goodson did and with flying colors. He will be on those rankings soon.
It's late August. Adding him to rankings now would be the definition of pointless.

We discussed him here in late November.

The Giants haven't had a MLB him in about two decades. He should be a high floor LB2 the rest of the way. Also, Landon Collins stats were significantly down - is this correlation or causation? 

I hate this guy.  Both for blowing it up, and for causing Collins to have a lower than typical output. 

Sad thing is, I drafted this guy and was going to start him because Burfict is suspended (we start 11 IDP, 4 of them LB). But on Friday I decided to cut him and pick up Derron Lee...in part because LB has been a virtual empty blackhole on NYG. I felt better about DLee to start the season off. Lee had a great game, and I was happy. Then Goodson started having an epic game, and I sat with my head in my hand for much of the NYG-Dallas game. Lol...idiot. 

Now I have zero chance of getting Goodson back because I have the 10th waiver pick. There's no way he gets outside of the top 3-4. 

With Goodson being shipped off to Green Bay is Davis the replacement & should we expect around the same production or is Ogletree the only LB worth rostering here? I know Goodson put up some pretty good numbers in spots, especially towards the end of last season. At the very least I'd think his replacement could add some nice depth.

The Man With No Name said:
They were gonna cut Goodson. Davis won the job weeks ago
This.

Davis is worth a hold to see what his role is. They see him as a $$backer/coverage type guy, although I've read conflicting reports about his performance. Still, he's going to get first crack and that could have some LB3/depth type value. Connelly is lurking though.

Spent a year languishing on the FA market in my very deep leagues, and is now owned in all of them.  

This guy is a thing again.

I'm not so sure about that. It was just one game, but Takitaki sure played better and I'm not convinced Goodson stays on the field on obvious passing downs. I get it, add now ask questions later, just saying he may justifiably go back to the pile next week. 

I'm not so sure about that. It was just one game, but Takitaki sure played better and I'm not convinced Goodson stays on the field on obvious passing downs. I get it, add now ask questions later, just saying he may justifiably go back to the pile next week. 
Oh sure, I really doubt anyone can count on him this year for anything.  

He’s probably staying on the field in 2-LB and 3-LB sets until Mack Wilson is healthy.  In the dime packages he wasn’t on the field week 1.

He’s probably staying on the field in 2-LB and 3-LB sets until Mack Wilson is healthy.  In the dime packages he wasn’t on the field week 1.
May not have enough bodies to actually do it, but given the makeup of the Bengals offense and the betting line there may be a lot of dime tonight.

Can anyone shed more light on Goodson?  Unfortunately I haven't seen the games.

He keeps putting up solid, if unspectacular, tackle numbers.

I was afraid to roll him out last week due to all the uncertainty around his role in the pass defense.

But then of course he plays an ungodly 92 snaps vs. the Bengals. Only 7 total tackles, however, so his tackle efficiency was horrible.

Thoughts?

The post below was in the Green Dot thread at the end of August and it seems to still be the case. Unless Mack comes back and/or Takitaki blows up, Goodson is the guy to play there and should be starting unless you have some studly options ahead of him.   

I'm not sure about the dot, but it definitely seems like Goodson is 3DLB now that Mack is out. It's a week old article but it mentions Goodson is in for all packages.

The post below was in the Green Dot thread at the end of August and it seems to still be the case. Unless Mack comes back and/or Takitaki blows up, Goodson is the guy to play there and should be starting unless you have some studly options ahead of him.   

Must start, until CLE finds a better option, then a feel-free-to-cut.  

How's this for an analogy:

Goodson is that bad CB playing across from a stud CB, who gets all the tackle opportunity.  The minute he loses his job to a better CB, he has no value.  

Goodson is that bad CB playing across from a stud CB, who gets all the tackle opportunity.  The minute he loses his job to a better CB, he has no value.  
Sort of volume-dependent only the volume is dependent on him being good enough to stay on the field but bad enough to attack and expose. 

Exactly. And Mack is back at practice so the countdown is on.

One problem with this analogy - it fits with all of the Browns safeties and linebackers right now. Not just Goodson.

Users who are viewing this thread