What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty: WR Taywan Taylor, Titans (1 Viewer)

Pretty hard to hold him. Just seems like he's never going to get there with this team. 
I don't have anything on the WW to pick up in the one league I don't have him in. In the others, it's pretty bleak too. I wouldn't say week one was normal for surprises and injuries. Maybe week two will bring more life to the FF waiver wire.

Anyhow, during his rookie summer, I thought he demanded more time but didn't see who is gonna sit for him to get in. Week one though, the WR no one praised from Western Kentucky, was supposed to start if Davis was out. Davis returned and started and Taylor got precious little time. When he did, it was often a reverse or one pass. If he dropped it, he sat. If it wasn't completed, he sat. I was so grumpy Mularkey held him to such high standards and yet the other WRs were running bad routes and all sorts was written. Taylor had two highlight reel plays that did NOT get him more time. That was ridiculous too.

This year is supposed to be different. He played the most snaps with the first string this summer and it's not even close. He started every practice. He got the looks in week one and two and maybe most importantly, he brought the results. 

If not because he produced and put the work in, then Tajae isn't that good and Davis seems to get dinged and Rishard is weeks removed from a torn meniscus. Something will break Taylor's way here. I'm just gonna be patient.

Taylor is as savvy as can be with his speed. He uses it like a veteran and that's so hard to cover. If he can get five? six? passes, he'll make something happen and stay an active part of the offense each week. I'm just gonna be patient here. The upside is there and that's what I'd be looking for on the WW so I'm just probably going to stay pat for a few more weeks.

Ya, I'm just week 1 overreacting. I've got him in dynasty and I'll hold this year again, just frustrating. Was hoping the new regime was going to open things up a bit but from your reports during camp it's sounding like another pig headed coach in there. Feel bad for Taylor, must be really frustrating for him. What else can the kid do to get opportunities?

Practice reports great today for Taywan. Matthews practiced less, Taylor more. Never left first string O

Last edited by a moderator:
Practice reports great today for Taywan. Matthews practiced less, Taylor more. Never left first string O

Ya, I'm just week 1 overreacting. I've got him in dynasty and I'll hold this year again, just frustrating. Was hoping the new regime was going to open things up a bit but from your reports during camp it's sounding like another pig headed coach in there. Feel bad for Taylor, must be really frustrating for him. What else can the kid do to get opportunities?
I have no problem with the 0 he took. The problem I have is that from all the reports this is a kid that has done nothing, but killed it in camp, practice and the preseason this year and they come out in the 1st game and have him behind Tajae bleeping Sharpe and only played 20 plays out of 69 snaps. What the hell is going on down there @Bri

I have no problem with the 0 he took. The problem I have is that from all the reports this is a kid that has done nothing, but killed it in camp, practice and the preseason this year and they come out in the 1st game and have him behind Tajae bleeping Sharpe and only played 20 plays out of 69 snaps. What the hell is going on down there @Bri
As I wrote in the Henry thread, I thought week one (with all it's delays) brought an absolute ton of overthinking in a bad way for LaFleur. I think week two will bring whatever the normal offense is. We'll see.

Sharpe has clearly been 4th, no doubt, many days no reps with the ones and for a good portion of camp he and Jennings were about tied. Vrabel liked Sharpe from Houston and they did inquire about trading for him when he was a rookie. It looks like when he was up close and personal, Sharpe wasn't as good as he thought. 

Sharpe practiced a lot with Gabbert and he does have very good hands. He's just slowish. I mean ya realize why he led the nation in catches but he isn't burning anyone. He has his usefulness though. Gabbert showed zero arm ability and only threw darts. I have no idea why that was. It's not like he never played in the NFL and was a rookie. I might put Sharpe in if the QB is only throwing darts, get those hands on em'. So weird, zero throws with height, zero with touch....weird

Taylor said he ran with the ones all week and hopes he did well enough so that Vrabel will do that in the game
I love your updates @Bri. That bring said what is up with Vrabel? Is he a moron? I just read he plans on using both qbs this week. This makes me believe Taylor is running with the 1's all week, but will be the 4th receiver again. 

msudaisy26 said:
I love your updates @Bri. That bring said what is up with Vrabel? Is he a moron? I just read he plans on using both qbs this week. This makes me believe Taylor is running with the 1's all week, but will be the 4th receiver again. 
I think he may be.

Parcells and Belichick famously created QB issues everywhere they went. (His idols) Maybe he's...man I don't know, it makes no sense

I love Taylor but I'm sitting him til I see differently

The biggest things are simple-

He is confusing himself and contradicting himself from dozens and dozens of quotes previously with so many issues and players.

As was pointed out by Cosell, it's fine if a coach wants to keep the press and fans on their toes but the players in Cleveland were confused by BB; one of the things he did differently in NE was to be transparent with his players. Cosell thinks you may (first game, can't be sure) be able to see confusion amidst any cohesive group like the linebackers, defensive line, or offensive line, even the secondary. 

It looks to me like when a coach gets fired and gets another shot someday. He's intelligent and I am jumping the gun, so we'll see. Maybe he recognizes and adjusts

Hopefully he plays this week. I am in a 14 team league with deep starting lineups and rosters so waivers are picked clean. I have to start him after losing Baldwin, Gordon, and McKinnon already this year.

Nick Williams' signing is not good news for someone. He was cut because he was injured. He was surprisingly good- speedy little bugger in the slot- in preseason. I'm a little worried it's Taylor since he is 4th and not running with the ones as he should be

Week two has to be thrown out because they had Gabbert doing that mistake free barely pass stuff. 117 yards total isn't enough for any WR to produce well. Maybe Matthews would have been pulled for Taylor to play outside like he did all summer. There's just nothing to be gleaned from that game

Nick Williams' signing is not good news for someone. He was cut because he was injured. He was surprisingly good- speedy little bugger in the slot- in preseason. I'm a little worried it's Taylor since he is 4th and not running with the ones as he should be
It never ceases to amaze me when a new coach comes in the players that were drafted just before the hire gets the shaft. No leeway for learning curve. Just the shaft.

Sure, it doesn't happen all the time, but it happens enough to make me smh

• Smile
Reactions: Bri
Not a complete surprise to me as there was talks about pay cuts and the Titans trying to trade him before the season started.

Good news for Taylor who had 52% of the snaps last week and his opportunity is trending up. Part of the reason I drafted Taylor as much as I did was because of speculation that Matthews would be released. It took a few more weeks to happen than I was initially hoping.

Now if MM could start playing better this could end up very well for Taylor.

Not a complete surprise to me as there was talks about pay cuts and the Titans trying to trade him before the season started.

Good news for Taylor who had 52% of the snaps last week and his opportunity is trending up. Part of the reason I drafted Taylor as much as I did was because of speculation that Matthews would be released. It took a few more weeks to happen than I was initially hoping.

Now if MM could start playing better this could end up very well for Taylor.
Yeah, I grabbed him cheap in a salary cap league last year as a lottery ticket.  Still keeping him on the bench until the TEN offense starts showing some life.

Thinking of dropping Martavis Bryant for this kid. Mariota really scaring me with his inability to grip a football but he should be the #2 WR in a (theoretically) better passing offense than Oakland. He should be no worse than 3rd in the hierarchy, Davis and Lewis probably ahead of him. TE position for Tennesssee is DOA until Mariota realizes Jonnu exists.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn’t get to see the game but stat line is an improvement - how did he look?
One drop but PI not called. Fast fast. During a simple curl on 4th and 15 in OT, somehow the Eagles DB looked foolish. Taylor did nothing special just faster than you'd expect. Game was over if he didn't catch it. Ya gotta see it on Twitter. Its such a "how did he not stop that" moment. 

7 of 9 targets for 77 yards, definitely in the WR3 map. Like I thought earlier, Davis>Lewis>Taylor. Sharpe not in the convo.

Taywan Taylor hauled in 7-of-9 targets for 77 yards in the Titans' Week 4 win over the Eagles.

This is the usage fantasy players were hoping for in the first game without Rishard Matthews. Working as the clear No. 2, Taylor was consistently involved all game, and he made perhaps the most important play of the day when he converted a fourth-and-long in overtime with a 19-yard catch along the sideline. Talented as they come and the No. 2 option in an ascending passing game, Taylor should be rostered in all formats.

Sep 30 - 6:10 PM

Taywan Taylor played 25-of-54 snaps (46 percent) Week 5 against the Bills.

It was a step back for Taylor, who was in on 63 percent of the snaps in Week 4. Taylor also played eight fewer snaps than Tajae Sharpe. Taylor remains an upside stash in deeper formats, but he will not be a reliable fantasy option unless his usage stabilizes, especially with the Titans still struggling on offense.

Oct 8 - 9:07 AM

Doubtful he plays this week

He and Tajae are both doubtful (speech, not injury report). Both missed media portion and were heavily taped and not putting weight on their foot/ankle. 

Games with draining swelling, REST and coach motivating them....maybe, but they really each need a week

This offense is finally starting to click and on the upswing but, yeah, no-go on this dude this season.
He frustrates me. I'll lose money on him in DFS probably, but no go for redraft.

I've got this defiant attitude now like I am not wrong, this kid is real good. Junk offense, play calls, whatever, he's gonna burn them when he is a free agent and signs elsewhere. Scouts...all sorts think he's got "it", not just me. All I can do is yell at the screen to throw him the ball though

He frustrates me. I'll lose money on him in DFS probably, but no go for redraft.

I've got this defiant attitude now like I am not wrong, this kid is real good. Junk offense, play calls, whatever, he's gonna burn them when he is a free agent and signs elsewhere. Scouts...all sorts think he's got "it", not just me. All I can do is yell at the screen to throw him the ball though
It's not like a bad team CAN'T suppress the production of a talented WR...  Think Robert Woods in Buffalo vs. Los Angeles.  I also thing Taylor could produce in a better system.

Taywan Taylor - WR -  Titans

Taywan Taylor (foot) is questionable for Week 11 against the Colts.

Despite his encouraging listing on the team's injury report, it's hard to imagine Taylor plays after failing to practice for two straight weeks. Teammate Tajae Sharpe (ankle, questionable) was also surprisingly added to Tennessee's injury report Friday. Their pending absences are moot for Corey Davis, who should continue to thrive as the team's focal point agains the Colts.

Source: Jim Wyatt on Twitter 

Nov 16 - 4:13 PM

Taylor returns this week. No word on if Tajae gets a week off to rest his ankle as promised or if the easy holiday week is all he gets

LaFleur said "I haven't done right by him(Taylor)" and then "of course" when asked if he intended to fix that.  LaFleur mentioned Tajae stepped up and also discussed the emergence of Cameron Batson as an underneath WR and Jennings' deep ability. 

LaFleur thinks this is the first time they can truly have some interchangeable parts at WR, blames himself for prep this summer. He called Davis explosive when he's had a rest and hasn't really been able to get him that. 

After mysteriously being downgraded on the flight last week, Taylor should return this week. Full participation every day.

Doesn't matter for FF, who is gonna start him for their playoffs, but...I'm curious still from last week's LaFleur statement.

Also, the Titans have to know about him. They must! Whether he is special (starter worthy) decides how they spend $ or a pick this offseason.

Tajae seems like a clear third WR, that is figuring out the NFL slot pretty nicely at times, struggling others, but he's shown enough. Batson has stepped up and shown enough wiggle that he could be the speedy lil bugger sub that so many teams have. The Titans sorely lack a #2 opposite Davis and that needs to be Taylor

Taywan Taylor caught 6-of-7 targets for 59 yards in the Titans' Week 14 win over the Jaguars.

Taylor led the Titans in targets, receptions, and yards, but Derrick Henry was the star of the night after rushing for 238 yards and four touchdowns. Taylor saw extended looked with Tajae Sharpe (ankle/knee) leaving the game early. If Sharpe is unable to play in Week 15, then Taylor will be a more appealing WR4/5.

Dec 6 - 11:55 PM

Two good games in a row.

3 catches versus Ramsey, 3 versus others. I really like a guy that doesn't seem to care who is covering him.

Davis keeps "sleeping" against top CBs and he's gotta be his tough self against them.  He's had some moments this year against top CBs, just need that confidence, that commitment to his craft, to carry over. 

It would be "a different world" if these two WRs both hit their potential for the Titans

I keep running into things saying the Titans are looking for another WR.

Are they giving up on Taylor?

Taywan Taylor is Projected to Have a Worst Fantasy Season in 2019

The above article is strange in that they predict Taylor to have a worse season than last year even though Taylor has shown (modest) improvement from his rookie season.
Goes to show you situation means alot. Cant help but think with a good qb and passing attack that he would be a solid ff player

If this guy isn't traded by the end of training camp it's going to be time for him to stop clogging up a roster spot. If anyone still believes this is a great time to buy low. I'd probably sell for a 3rd at this point and be happy.

If this guy isn't traded by the end of training camp it's going to be time for him to stop clogging up a roster spot. If anyone still believes this is a great time to buy low. I'd probably sell for a 3rd at this point and be happy.
1% chance he gets traded, 0% chance you get anything for him. 

The trade rumors have never gone away this offseason. They have more (good) WRs than they will keep.

Us Titans fans are not used to having a good team and possibly cutting good players. This is how the elite teams behave. 

If you have him, then you have deep rosters and so I'd wait. I wouldn't go picking him up though.

Bottom line is there are several special targets for an especially low number of passing yards. 

Has started all offseason, not replaced by anyone.

After a preseason game with one drop and another which was a drop but probably on the QB, he's done excellent at each practice.

Today versus Pats, he dominated. Humphries went to trainer's room and it became the Taywan show. Caught four bombs and lots of short stuff.

Reporter friend, gotta be at least 300 yards. 50-60 yards on the bombs, it's gotta be.

McCourty brothers, Brady, and Belichick all had great quotes on him. Vrabel acted like no big deal, he's been doing that.

JRob should be on the phone trying to trade he or Tajae ASAP

I'll be dumping him for the rookie draft and avoid all Titans for the foreseeable future. It's like the ghost of Jeff Fisher still haunts this team.
I was feeling this way and totally agree but I'm grabbing he or Brown very late. 17th round? 16th?

Users who are viewing this thread