What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

David Johnson for a bag of scrubs?? (1 Viewer)

J3RS3YD3V1L

Footballguy
Not really a bag of scrubs:

D.Johnson RB ARI  ($13) + D.Adams WR GB ($5)

for

D.Murray RB TEN ($19) + L.Miller RB HOU ($5) + J.Jones WR ATL ($15)

Good trade?  This is a $325 cap dynasty league, so I've provided the cap numbers, but in this case both teams are well under cap, so doesn't make much difference.  I'm happy to provide additional scoring and roster information, but they are pretty complex.  Both teams have teams that could make the playoffs with or without this trade:

Start QB-RB-WR-WR-TE-FLEX plus IDP.

Team A's other RB/WR:

• CJ.Anderson, K.Davis, A.Ellington, R.Hillman
  • A.Cooper, AJ.Green, K.White, J.Doctson, T.Smith, C.Kupp, M.Dupre, 
Team B's other RB/WR:

• D.Henry and almost nothing else - but there are players on the waiver wire that could be added like M.Lynch and J.Hill
  • D.Bryant, S.Watkins, A.Robinson, T.Ginn, D.Parker, C.Patterson, K.Wright

Last edited by a moderator:
In general in any 3/2 or 4/2 or 5/2 or 2/1 deal, the team getting the fewest players wins.

in this case, David Johnson/Adams is gives any team a much better chance to win than a "bag of scrubs" 

In general in any 3/2 or 4/2 or 5/2 or 2/1 deal, the team getting the fewest players wins.

in this case, David Johnson/Adams is gives any team a much better chance to win than a "bag of scrubs" 
Thanks for the input.  Some might argue that in this case, two top 10 RB's plus a top 5 WR trumps one top 2 RB and a top 20 WR, even though you're generally correct on uneven trades.

Thanks for the input.  Some might argue that in this case, two top 10 RB's plus a top 5 WR trumps one top 2 RB and a top 20 WR, even though you're generally correct on uneven trades.
I might argue that as well, but Lamar Miller Isn't top 10, nor do I expect him to be this year behind that line and with that QB to sustain drives.

And Murray noticably faded down the stretch last year making me fairly low on him. Also has one of the most talented backups in the league. 

By comparison, David Johnson may well lead the cards in TDs, receiving and rushing. He's the only throwback RB in the league, like a LT2 or AP in his prime. 

Julio is coming off a surgically repaired foot and while capable of monster games, he's also capable of disappearing - wildly inconsistent. Adams is unlikely to have a 300 yard game, but he's also unlikely to put up a 2 point game. I had Johnson, Julio, Adams & Murray on various teams last year and I wouldn't trade DJ for all 3 of the others combined. 

DJ is also a ton of production from one position, one roster spot. Miller & Murray will maybe combine for that production week to week. That consistency, and that consolidated scoring potential has greater value than the sum of the parts on the other side. 

One man's opinion. I could be wrong.  ;)  

In a dynasty league I would hold with Johnson and Adams. Both are young talent and DJ has the chance to lead rb in all categories.

I'm not confident in Miller to keep his job and his value in dynasty keeps going down.

Thanks for your help.

I may be a bit biased in that I was able to land Johnson his rookie year and keep him the following year--he led me to a #1 overall seed & a league 'ship--but I also had Julio during that same span. Yes, DJ getting that many touches ups his chance of wearing down, but he's one of a kind. He's essentially a RB1 and a WR2 in one player. Julio is a beast, but even when healthy he disappears some games. 

I agree that Miller isn't the RB people thought he'd be when he went to Houston, and his surrounding "talent" will further limit him. He may actually thrive in a RBBC with Foreman, but by definition he won't return the value you'd lose with DJ. I see Murray losing some touches to Henry as well...they seem to be going in opposite directions dynasty-wise.

I prefer the DJ/Adams side. Yes, Julio would be an upgrade, but not at the expense of losing DJ. Besides, nabbing WR talent on waivers is usually easier than finding another David Johnson. 

Good luck!

Well, most of you will be happy to know that I'm team B and I acquired DJ today.  Thanks for the very good input - it helped with my decision - and hopefully I'll look back on this page when feeling any buyers remorse.  Footballguys' rate-my-team doesn't think too highly of my decision, lol.  Went from 99/99/89 to 85/75/63.

Users who are viewing this thread