What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Oakland Starting LBs (1 Viewer)

winterrules03

Footballguy
Anyone have insight on who's starting in Oakland?  After preseason game #2, it looked like Cory James had the 3 down role with Lee a 2 down role.  And then preseason game #3, it was Jelani Jenkins in everything besides Dime with a mixture of Lee and Adams. 

I watched the whole game and never saw Cory James once.  Frustrating, I drafted Cory on Saturday thinking he was going to have a nice year.  Should I be dropping him and picking up Jenkins?

Thanks Miro Z!!!  I couldn't find out why James didn't play in game 3 but that makes sense now.  Whew, was thinking about dropping him for Jenkins... 

And I thought James looked great in preseason game #2 as well. 

Jenkins released (per Rotoworld):

"Raiders released ILB Jelani Jenkins.

Analysis: Signed to a one-year deal with $100,000 guaranteed in March, Jenkins started the third preseason game and seemed to have a good shot to open the season in the starting lineup as well. His release suggests sixth-round sophomore Cory James has won a starting job."

Didn't see him listed amongst the Raiders cuts on NFL.com but it seems to be the case.

I own him in a league on MFL and see his status now shows (I), too, which may be nothing more than an error of some kind in their system. He wasn't on IR earlier today that I noticed, though :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
What happened to Marquel Lee?  I heard all preseason that Lee may be the 3 down guy and was looking good...and that was from beat writers!

Somebody else posted/linked an article about Adams as a great sleeper stash when his name was getting press as a potential starting ILB. Sure enough, Jenkins got the ax and roto's depth chart has James and Adams at the top. I won't pretend to have any idea how close the competition was/is between Adams & Lee, but it looks like Lee will be the odd man out, at least to start the season.

Last edited by a moderator:
That depth chart has them playing a 4-3 base, my understanding is that Oakland was moving to a 3-4. We'll have to resolve that first or wait to see how things shake out.

Users who are viewing this thread