What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DeMarcus Lawrence, DE, Dallas (1 Viewer)

Miro Z

Footballguy
He had a fantastic 2015 but an injury-prone and disappointing 2016 that also featured a 4 game suspension.

Am I right to be optimistic for 2017, or not so much?

Note tweet from @PatDoneyNBC5  Aug 26:

"DeMarcus Lawrence played w/ a back injury last year w/ pain so bad, he was in tears every night. After surgery in offseason, he looks quick."

Also note CBS piece here:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cowboys-camp-demarcus-lawrence-is-shaping-up-as-the-biggest-x-factor-in-dallas/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

"And as much as Prescott and Bryant and Elliott -- the new triplets of this offense -- get talked about, few players on this roster are more important than defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence, far and away the club's most talented edge force and someone who may have to post double-digit sack totals if the Cowboys are going to reach the playoffs for consecutive seasons for just the third time in the last 20-plus years.

If you are looking for a candidate for a breakthough year in terms of quarterback pressures among this unheralded bunch, Lawrence (6-foot-3, 225 pounds) is the guy. Ask around training camp who here can get to the passer, and his hand will shoot up as he runs to the head of the class. It's a prophecy the Cowboys desperately need to come true."

Optimism is fine.  He has the tools and Dallas should have leads in games to give him opportunities.  They also need someone to put pressure on the QB.  I wouldn't invest heavily in him but I would take the chance and see how he does for a couple weeks.

Turns out my optimism was, for once, justified.

Watch him get a season-ending ACL now I jinxed him.

Contract year I think... I managed to scoop him up based on recommendations from the football guys lineup dominator app. Haven't looked back. Looks sharp!

Was hopeful to get discussion going about expectations going forward for D. Law.

Obviously the insane production of the first 3 games is unsustainable. Are people selling high? Locked in as your DE/DL1 for the rest of the season?

Good news for the next two games is he's got J. Goff and his sometimes indecisiveness in the pocket, followed by a banged up Green Bay O-Line (currently, anyway).

Bad news is there's always going to be some natural regression, plus I'm sure he's gotten the league's attention by now. Can't imagine Taco Charlton and others are striking fear into the hearts of opponent OC's so I gotta believe some scheme changes are in the works.

Thoughts?

Seems like I've got this guy in every league I'm in, and have been carrying him as a mere passenger through injuries and suspension. Nice to see him finally on the field and making an impact. Obviously the perfect time to sell high, if you can, as he's currently the top IDP period. I think most owners who have him probably have the depth to let him go, since they've long gotten used to not being able to rely on him..

What's the deal here?  He's averaging less than one solo tackle per game, and his sack numbers just aren't there. 

What's the deal here?  He's averaging less than one solo tackle per game, and his sack numbers just aren't there. 
I am not sure.  He seemed invisible yesterday.  He played 71% of the snaps.  I would think with how well Quinn is performing that it may help Lawrence moving forward but like I said I don't even remember seeing him yesterday.  Maybe he has an injury?

I have read that he one of the most double-teamed DE in the league.  Not sure if that is new this year or not, but that could explain it.  

I thought he was going to have a big day against the Jets too, but nope.

blend said:
I have read that he one of the most double-teamed DE in the league.  Not sure if that is new this year or not, but that could explain it.  

I thought he was going to have a big day against the Jets too, but nope.
Instead Quinn had two sacks.  Maybe he will start to be double teamed and it could free Lawrence up.....

They've now added Michael Bennett to the DE corps. Quinn injury worse than thought? Interesting to see how this affects Lawrence. [As far as how it affects the Cowboys in general, I have little doubt this serial liar and locker room cancer will negatively affect them.]

Users who are viewing this thread