What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Allen/Gronk trade (1 Viewer)

billrob

Footballguy
Appreciate any feedback on this offer I'm considering.  I feel I can contend this year so not too concerned about the future, my concern is becoming too thin at RB.

My team now is RBs: Coleman/Freeman, CMC, Fournette, Abdullah.  WRs: Jeffrey, Sanders, Moncreif, C Coleman, Conley.  TEs: Gates and Henry.

Offer is I get: K Allen, Gronk, Savage, Hightower (LB) and a 2017 3rd.  I give: Abdullah, C Colemen, Henry, Keuchly (LB) 2018 1st and 2nd.

16 teams, full IDP, start 2-3 RBs, 2-4 WRs and 1-2 TEs.  Full PPR.

We're not in the IDP section so input on the LBs is still welcome but not vital.  I understand Keuchly is #1 but willing to take that hit to upgrade my offense...also concussions scare me.

Savage is just a throw in as I don't have a backup QB at all behind Rivers so let's forget about him.

So the deal becomes: Allen, Gronk and a 3rd for Abdullah, Coleman, Henry, a 1st and a 2nd.   

He also has: Forte, Langford, Lewis, Martin and Yeldon. I could try to get one of them to help a bit with RB depth.

Thoughts? 

You're clearly getting the better deal for this year.  If you're okay with giving up the draft picks next year, then do it.

I'm all about playing for the present.  Hell, I might be dead in a year.  You just never know.  Every year I do everything I can to try and win this year.  Then next year I do it all again.  Some years it works (went to three Super Bowls in a row), some years I finish in last place.  (the last two years)

So this really all comes down to what you want to do.  Sacrifice the future to try to win now?  I'd do the trade.

Adding K Allen and Gronk makes your team a definitely contender in 2017.  Play to win.  Take the deal.

Having Freeman, T Coleman, McCaffrey and Fournette at RB is great for a 16 teamer.  Abdullah is expendable.  You're giving up your worst RB, a nice up and coming TE, a high upside WR in a bad situation, and a top LB for a weak WR1 (in a 16 team league) and the top TE.  Nice.

Users who are viewing this thread