What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trump poised to end DACA as early as Friday (1 Viewer)

The Trump Train @The_Trump_Train·1h

Replying to @The_Trump_Train and @realDonaldTrump

Make no mistake, we are going to put the interest of AMERICAN CITIZENS FIRST! The forgotten men & women will no longer be forgotten.

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump·1h

Congress, get ready to do your job - DACA!
He is such a POS. He sounds so excited for ending DACA. I agree that it should be enacted by law through Congress but he could at least make some sort of statement regarding the potential impact it's going to have on people who are in the program. I know that's asking far too much of him.

Kids get daca , ICE gives most parents/families a pass to avoid breaking up the family
That isn't what DACA does.

You have no idea what you are talking about, parents/families of DACA do not get a pass from ICE to avoid breaking up the family.

Last edited by a moderator:
He is such a POS. He sounds so excited for ending DACA. I agree that it should be enacted by law through Congress but he could at least make some sort of statement regarding the potential impact it's going to have on people who are in the program. I know that's asking far too much of him.
Coward, too.  Trump doesn't want to make this announcement then stand there are not take questions, so he's sending Sessions out there to do it for him.

Jeff Sessions:

"I'm here today to announce the program known as DACA that was effectuated under the Obama adm is being rescinded"

These racist cowards and the people who support them obviously suck, but they're not America.  No matter how many people they deport, marginalize or disenfranchise, there's always gonna be more of us then there are of them.  Just gotta fight harder.

Joel C. Sati‏ @realesttheorist 17m17 minutes ago

That #DACA announcement ought to have made it clear to the nation

what we in the immigrant rights movement know: we are not human to them.

"Societies where the rule of law is treasured are societies that tend to flourish and succeed.
Societies where the rule of law is subject to political whims and personal biases tend to become societies afflicted by corruption, poverty, and human suffering." 
- Jeff Sessions, spoken without a hint of irony
I would :lmao:  but holy F-ing hell.

"Societies where the rule of law is treasured are societies that tend to flourish and succeed.
Societies where the rule of law is subject to political whims and personal biases tend to become societies afflicted by corruption, poverty, and human suffering." 
- Jeff Sessions, spoken without a hint of irony
coughPERJURYcough

Terrible and disgusting decision. The right way would have been to have Congress codify DACA and then rescind the executive order once the bill was signed into law. Since this didn't happen, I can't help but think the decision is appeasing to fear and racial politics, which is despicable.

Y.A.C‏ @yolicox666 32m32 minutes ago

BTW DACA dreamers who worked (88%) paid into SS and income taxes

knowing they would never be able to get any of it back.

I was going to say that maybe Trump realized that he would just #### up the Q&A so that's why he sent Sessions instead, but I guess not.  
It seems like they sent Sessions out because they are framing their resistance to DACA as procedural, not political.  Sessions tried to make the argument that the content of DACA was immaterial; the problem was overreach of the executive branch and today's announcement is a move towards restoration of checks and balances.  Also claimed several state attorney generals were poised to sue over DACA so they needed to take action now.

Sessions, or course, screwed up by also spewing some nativist rhetoric like "these people here illegally are taking jobs away from American citizens" and that the Dreamers are a drain on the economy.  As if targeting 800K who set patterns of behavior early in life that becoming educated is important, demonstrated the ability to hold a steady job, and not committing crimes and removing them from society will trigger economic growth.

It seems like they sent Sessions out because they are framing their resistance to DACA as procedural, not political.  Sessions tried to make the argument that the content of DACA was immaterial; the problem was overreach of the executive branch and today's announcement is a move towards restoration of checks and balances.  Also claimed several state attorney generals were poised to sue over DACA so they needed to take action now.

Sessions, or course, screwed up by also spewing some nativist rhetoric like "these people here illegally are taking jobs away from American citizens" and that the Dreamers are a drain on the economy.  As if targeting 800K who set patterns of behavior early in life that becoming educated is important, demonstrated the ability to hold a steady job, and not committing crimes and removing them from society will trigger economic growth.
Let's not forget the $400 million every two years that comes from the semi-annual registration fees for those 800,000 people.

Trump said he would support a DACA replacement that went through Congress so it's not like they have to get a veto-proof majority.  I think they might be able to pull that off.  There's a fair amount of support.

Trump said he would support a DACA replacement that went through Congress so it's not like they have to get a veto-proof majority.  I think they might be able to pull that off.  There's a fair amount of support.
Don't be so naive.  Ryan won't bring it up because of the Hastert Rule.  The number one rule with this cast of characters is expect the worst and then lower those expectations.  

Here's the problem with that idea: to make it happen, Paul Ryan would have to work with Democrats against the wishes of the Freedom Caucus. When has he ever been willing to do this before? Never. 

Ever since the advent of the Tea Party in 2010, the Republican Party leadership has knuckled under to them every.single.time has has never once defied them. And they've had plenty of opportunity, particularly on immigration reform. So what makes you think something is going to change? 

Just to clarify—DACA is rescinded because Obama circumvented Congress but the Travel Ban is legal because of Presidential authority?
These positions aren't necessarily inconsistent- the travel ban claims to rely on a specific statutory authority, while Obama's DACA executive action did not, as far as I can tell.

The problem is that the positions don't pass the "smell test."  They took a broad view of executive power in one case and are fighting hard to protect that view, and then turned around and took a view of executive power so narrow that they couldn't even allow it to be litigated in the next case.  They also allowed this "unconstitutional" program to continue for 8 months and said not one word to Congress about codifying it to remove any questions of legality, before suddenly finding themselves so troubled by its constitutionality that they pulled the plug. Any reasonable person can smell the :bs: from a thousand miles away.

Here's the problem with that idea: to make it happen, Paul Ryan would have to work with Democrats against the wishes of the Freedom Caucus. When has he ever been willing to do this before? Never. 

Ever since the advent of the Tea Party in 2010, the Republican Party leadership has knuckled under to them every.single.time has has never once defied them. And they've had plenty of opportunity, particularly on immigration reform. So what makes you think something is going to change? 
They defied them every time the House voted to raise the debt ceiling.

Last edited by a moderator:
A DACA replacement through Congress is still admitting Obama was correct about something.

What Trump should have done today was faintly praise DACA - a well-intentioned idea done the wrong way.  Then speak about how moved he has been this year learning about Dreamers and especially how they dove in the respond to Harvey, which was why he felt compelled to speak up today.  Then acknowledge that Congress has a big month coming up, so he's going to urge Congress to prioritize a proper and better version of DACA in the 2018 session, so we can get rid of Obama's shortsighted EO and have the legislative branch draw up legislation that can last for 50, 100 years and make it even better for Dreamers here to work hard and stay out of trouble.

But since Trump and Sessions are bigoted nativists, we got what we got today.

There's already member staking out their turf to get concessions in exchange for DACA support. Here's Pat Toomey planting the flag for ending sanctuary cities, boosting border security funding and cracking down on illegal immigrant employers in exchange for DACA.

I honestly don't know how this shakes out.  The party with all the political leverage here is the minority. It's really an odd, and tragic, situation.

How much do you want to bet that ICE will use that DACA paperwork to track down every dreamer for deportation?

These people are sickening.

I would :lmao:  but holy F-ing hell.
The :lmao: part was watching him deliver it.  I recommend catching video of it when you can.  He was wearing glasses because Serious Attorney General Is Serious.  His speech pattern and accent was this remarkable mix of condescension and ineptitude usually reserved for frat bros who get called on in class but haven't done the reading.  

One of my late grandfather's favorite turns of phrase was "there's nothing more dangerous than a know-not who knows not he knows not."  I think about Grandpa almost every day because he was awesome and a role model, but today it was a little more specific.

There's already member staking out their turf to get concessions in exchange for DACA support. Here's Pat Toomey planting the flag for ending sanctuary cities, boosting border security funding and cracking down on illegal immigrant employers in exchange for DACA.

I honestly don't know how this shakes out.  The party with all the political leverage here is the minority. It's really an odd, and tragic, situation.
I'll bet they could use this to inflate the political donor base.

The :lmao: part was watching him deliver it.  I recommend catching video of it when you can.  He was wearing glasses because Serious Attorney General Is Serious.  His speech pattern and accent was this remarkable mix of condescension and ineptitude usually reserved for frat bros who get called on in class but haven't done the reading.  

One of my late grandfather's favorite turns of phrase was "there's nothing more dangerous than a know-not who knows not he knows not."  I think about Grandpa almost every day because he was awesome and a role model, but today it was a little more specific.
Yeah, I watched it live and kept thinking "are you ####### kidding me?! Seriously, are you ####### kidding me?!!!".   

Please put these #######s in jail Mueller.  Please.

Houston decimated by a hurricane and a bigger one headed for Florida.  Need to raise the debt ceiling and pass a budget. Oh yeah, that little nuclear war threat.  So this is what he leads with.  To hell with them all.

• Smile
Reactions: SWC
Houston decimated by a hurricane and a bigger one headed for Florida.  Need to raise the debt ceiling and pass a budget. Oh yeah, that little nuclear war threat.  So this is what he leads with.  To hell with them all.
This is a great point and it speaks volumes about the Republican Party and it's supporters that this is the kind of red meat they turn to b/c they know it's what they want.

Trump ain't the problem folks. 

Yeah, I watched it live and kept thinking "are you ####### kidding me?! Seriously, are you ####### kidding me?!!!".   

Please put these #######s in jail Mueller.  Please.
I think I'm going to start faxing Mueller and his team daily affirmations.  Want to let them know they are doing a great job, we think of them every day even though they aren't plastering themselves all over TV, we trust their process.  If they need anything, like extra highlighters, or Toasted Ravioli Tuesdays, or a few Varidesks, we can hook them up.

the republican party is not republicans any more we have witnessed a shift where it is now controlled by nativists xeonophobes bigots racists and russian sympathizers and im not joking for a change take that to the bank brohans 

Users who are viewing this thread