What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Need to figure out my 4th keeper in an IDP league....please help! (1 Viewer)

highlander23

Footballguy
10 Team League.  We start the following- 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 2DL, 2LB, 2CB, 2S

Scoring is not PPR and passing TDs are worth 6.  Defense scoring is as follows- 1pt/tackle and assist, 5pts/sack, 6pts/INT, 5pts/FR, 6pts/TD

My keepers going into this season are- Devonta Freeman, Jordan Howard and Dez Bryant......I need help with my 4th.  I thought it would be Khalil Mack, as he was a DL last year, but he is now a LB....still a possibility, just not as good of a one. I had the best record last season, so I will have the 10 pick in the draft....tougher to get any of the top players on offense that are back in the draft.

Other options on offense- QB- Mariota or Rivers....rather not do this as I can get a good QB a few picks in, WR- Jamison Crowder, Jarvis Landry......nothing else great here, TE- Jordan Reed.....too injury prone for me, but maybe?

Defensive options are- LB- Khalil Mack, Bobby Wagner.....thinking Wagner may be the way to go--201 points in our league last year....next highest was 177 for Kwon Alexander....Mack scored 155 which would make him the #6 LB last year, S- Landon Collins....186 points last year, next highest was Cyprien with 137.  As a comparison, Wagner finished tied with Melvin Gordon and Jordy Nelson.....Collins was ahead of Mark Ingram and Jay Ajayi.  So....defense is pretty important, but if either of these guys drops back to the pack and is similar to 5-10 other LBs/S, then they aren't as great to keep.  I guess I am looking for the guy that has the best chance to repeat last year.

Thanks!

I'd lean Collins.  Wagner if a lot of good LBs are kept.  You'll get a good RB/WR at 1.10; if you have 2.01 then you're set on offense.   Collins probably doesn't make it back to you at 3.10.

I would also agree that Collins would be my choice.  He is so far ahead of the other DB's he is worth keeping.  His role also will continue as they use him to rush the passer and he is a good enough ball hawk the scoring with sacks and Int's really boost his value.   

Users who are viewing this thread