What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Flight was just cancelled.....recourse??? UPDATE pg 2 (1 Viewer)

eoMMan

Footballguy
No later flights with this airline.

No flights tomorrow with this airline. 

Will they pay my rental car, hotel, etc?

What now?

I'm in line and a newb at this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will they pay for a flight on another airline?
If that's what it takes to get you home...I had a similar issue with American and took a delta flight home super late that night which they picked up plus got a credit.

Wife is on the phone with them...she's awesome and doesn't take any ####. Stay tuned....

Still waiting in line...

No idea. At first, it was deplayed 30 minutes. Then it was delayed 2 more hours. Then cancelled. 

On the positive side, at least I'm not here all night and then canceled.
If it was weather related they don't have to make any accommodations for you

Wife is on the phone with them...she's awesome and doesn't take any ####. Stay tuned....

Still waiting in line...
Will be curious on the outcome.

Wife wanted to book 4 flights to Disney in November on spirit and i nixed it and just used my miles for the flights.

She didn't believe me when I said spirit,  while cheap doesn't really have much to offer when something like this happens.

Will be curious on the outcome.

Wife wanted to book 4 flights to Disney in November on spirit and i nixed it and just used my miles for the flights.

She didn't believe me when I said spirit,  while cheap doesn't really have much to offer when something like this happens.
They are fighting her on refunding the rental car and hotel...

Saying no flights tomorrow (bs)...

Still in line for the counter person. 

Wife is still on phone with them.

See if they can get you a flight out of Tampa and drive up there.  Or over to Miami.
Tried but no luck. Best option was same flight but Saturday night. Not really worth it. 

We got a flight refund.  Budget refunded me the complete rental car fee. Hotel just charged us for tonight (I don't blame them). I just need to get that refunded from spirit now.

All other flights are insanely expensive now so we're changing our plans.

Thanks for all the advice and for listening.

Tried but no luck. Best option was same flight but Saturday night. Not really worth it. 

We got a flight refund.  Budget refunded me the complete rental car fee. Hotel just charged us for tonight (I don't blame them). I just need to get that refunded from spirit now.

All other flights are insanely expensive now so we're changing our plans.

Thanks for all the advice and for listening.
Good luck

It was probably cancelled for lack of flight crew. Pilots by law can only work so many hours and if the flight was delayed long enough then they probably reached that point. 

What kind of credit card did you use to book the flight? 

Most decent ones offer pretty solid coverage/reimbursement of extra costs when something like this happens.

No later flights with this airline.

No flights tomorrow with this airline. 

Will they pay my rental car, hotel, etc?

What now?

I'm in line and a newb at this.
I would sue as much as I could sue. They should pay for a weekly rental car and a suite.

you'll be lucky if they don't charge you for waiting in line.  plus any hourly wages they have to pay anyone while you wait in line.  plus for every tile you stand on, while in line, .50.  if you want to sit down at any time, $10.  everytime you sit down, $10.  are the lights on?  $5. ad nauseum

Have to agree with the consensus here. Your dealing with a discounted airline who probably has it written within their airline contract as to the limits for recourse are in situations your currently dealing with.

Raise a fuss until one their representatives gets fed up and drags you away kicking and screaming :topcat: -- have your wife film it and then post it on social media.   Congrats you just hit the jackpot!!!  :moneybag:

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE:

As I mentioned earlier, I was able to get pretty much everything refunded directly through the rental car agency (props to Budget) and through the hotel.

Regarding Spirit, they emailed us this morning saying "I'm sorry" and included a $50 voucher each for my wife and I. I will still try to recoup the 1 night of hotel expense that I couldn't get refunded. Sounds like i have to go to Spirit's website and submit some stuff.

Just staying positive that it wasn't a huge or expensive event we are missing (wedding, funeral, cruise, etc.).

Oh well. I'm currently sitting on Bonita Beach in lovely Bonita Springs. Sounds like it's going to be a cool, possibly rainy weekend in southern NJ. Life goes on. 

Users who are viewing this thread