What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The silver lining - Trumps successes/good moves in the eyes of those who generally oppose his policies and approach (1 Viewer)

Trump is in the process of signing the Agriculture Improvement Act as I type this.  Great for our farmers.  :thumbup:  
I actually root for you to actually find something positive once in a while. I can't even imagine what it must be like being a supporter. Good for you on this one. (Not that I actually have any idea what it's about)

Trump has really helped late night TV and news talk show ratings, as well as giving a big boost to print media subscriptions.

Trump has put a lot of criminal defense lawyers to work.

I'm happy the trump supporters are happy to hold something up like jobs, but it's such a funny thing to hold up

literally canada, sweden and so many other countries have set all time highs his year as well.  

More people getting jobs is a good thing.   :thumbup:
Is people getting more jobs a good thing?  That seems to be what's happening otherwise unemployment wouldn't be going up, no?  The devil's always in the details on these employment numbers.

Is people getting more jobs a good thing?  That seems to be what's happening otherwise unemployment wouldn't be going up, no?  The devil's always in the details on these employment numbers.
An uptick in the unemployment rate can be a sign of strength in the labor market as people have decided to reenter the labor force.  

2028 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles ...U.S.-Mexico-Canada’s united bid for 2026 World Cup

Obamacare individual mandate penalty GONE.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-oil-eia/in-major-shift-us-now-exports-more-oil-than-it-ships-in-idUSKBN1O51X7

(Reuters) - The United States last week exported more crude oil and fuel than it imported for the first time on record, according to data released on Thursday, the same day OPEC ended a meeting without a decision to curb global output to balance out the historic surge in U.S. supply.

2028 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles ...U.S.-Mexico-Canada’s united bid for 2026 World Cup

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-oil-eia/in-major-shift-us-now-exports-more-oil-than-it-ships-in-idUSKBN1O51X7

(Reuters) - The United States last week exported more crude oil and fuel than it imported for the first time on record, according to data released on Thursday, the same day OPEC ended a meeting without a decision to curb global output to balance out the historic surge in U.S. supply.
Would you be able to, in your own words, articulate why these things belong in this thread?  It's about Trump's accomplishments.  To simplify:

1.  Why do you believe Trump had anything to do with the proposals submitted in 2016?

2.  Why do you believe the individual mandate penalty being removed is "good"?

3.  Why do you believe Trump's reliance on fossil fuels is good?

1.  Why do you believe Trump had anything to do with the proposals submitted in 2016?

2.  Why do you believe the individual mandate penalty being removed is "good"?

3.  Why do you believe Trump's reliance on fossil fuels is good?
These things happened on Trump's watch are Trump's - people don't have to pay fines anymore for choosing not to have insurance is good, and oil exports is good for our economy and BTW have you driven out west lately ?  i was amazed at the huge increase in windmill farms on my 1,000 mile drive a few weeks back. The US isn't ignoring renewable energy - and me? i like $1.70 gas at the pump and I like that American companies and owners and workers in the energy fields are doing good. win win win on the above

rice exports? wow ..... big win, Arkansas is a big rice producer did you know ?

look - you don't have to agree with the silver lining things- but they're happening, under Trump and this is the thread for them right? 

These things happened on Trump's watch are Trump's - people don't have to pay fines anymore for choosing not to have insurance is good, and oil exports is good for our economy and BTW have you driven out west lately ?  i was amazed at the huge increase in windmill farms on my 1,000 mile drive a few weeks back. The US isn't ignoring renewable energy - and me? i like $1.70 gas at the pump and I like that American companies and owners and workers in the energy fields are doing good. win win win on the above

look - you don't have to agree with the silver lining things- but they're happening, under Trump and this is the thread for them right? 
I'll just address the Olympics thing. Obviously your reasoning is absurd. If Trump had nothing to do with the bid, why would he get credit for it?

But - even granting this silly view that he should get credit for it - why is having the Olympics in the US a good thing at all? What benefit is there?

Trump had very little to do with the first thing, which most places that have hosted would tell you not to count as a "win" anyway.

And basically nothing to do with the third thing. It was largely a consequence of lifting the longtime ban on the export of domestically produced crude oil, something that happened in December of 2015.

These things happened on Trump's watch are Trump's -
>>The United States historically has been a heavy importer of crude oil in part due to a four-decade ban on crude exports that was lifted in late 2015 by then-President Barack Obama.<<

- I like this thread, I’m a believer in it. And I actually am fine with ‘positive’ news. Let’s just be careful with the claims.

ok...thanks...I forgot your approach.

ETA:  And you simply telling me (again) that these things are "good" doesn't tell me WHY you think they are....but nevermind...we can move on.  And nowhere did I disagree with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
people don't have to pay fines anymore for choosing not to have insurance is good
This is the one thing that came closest to answering my question, but why is this "good" when the other part of this is the dramatic increase in costs that will be the result if things stay on this path.  You're ok with being charged more because someone else chose not to have insurance?  I'd rather have things the way they were prior to ACA than where this is headed.

Nice work, ignore the constant negativity from the dug in echo chamber. 

Nice work, ignore the constant negativity from the dug in echo chamber. 
And also the facts. This is a thread about Trump's successes, and the oil exports have basically nothing to do with him.

Like Saints said, this is a good thread idea that shouldn't be polluted with partisans trying to give Trump credit for successes that he doesn't deserve.

TobiasFunke said:
Like Saints said, this is a good thread idea that shouldn't be polluted with partisans trying to give Trump credit for successes that he doesn't deserve.
anti-Trumites don't give Trump ANY credit which is a yuge problem

as I have said, what happens during Trump years is in almost every way his to shoulder - if you don't agree that's fine, none the less that's what history remembers. This is a thread for the silver lining things that happens with Trump - don't read 'em if you don't like 'em

this is a good thing

President Trump is signing an anti-human trafficking bill at the White House, his first appearance since Tuesday night's prime-time address to the nation making the case for funding his border wall and other border security measures.

The legislation will renew programs that make federal resources available to human trafficking survivors and establish new prevention, prosecution and collaboration initiatives to help bring perpetrators to justice. It's a bipartisan measure that passed both the House and Senate unanimously.

this is a good thing

President Trump is signing an anti-human trafficking bill at the White House, his first appearance since Tuesday night's prime-time address to the nation making the case for funding his border wall and other border security measures.

The legislation will renew programs that make federal resources available to human trafficking survivors and establish new prevention, prosecution and collaboration initiatives to help bring perpetrators to justice. It's a bipartisan measure that passed both the House and Senate unanimously.
It's a bipartisan measure that didn't originate in the white house.   are we now supposed to praise Trump for not vetoing bipartisan legislation?  

what can we find a consensus upon, in regard to these successes/bright spots/silver lining?

are we now supposed to praise Trump for not vetoing bipartisan legislation?  

He's part of the process yes - give credits and failures to 4 year administrations to the POTUS. What happens under Trump stays under Trump with few exceptions. This happened under Trump, its a good thing, its a success, a bright spot. in fact, they all get credit because it was unanimous

He's part of the process yes - give credits and failures to 4 year administrations to the POTUS. What happens under Trump stays under Trump with few exceptions. This happened under Trump, its a good thing, its a success, a bright spot. in fact, they all get credit because it was unanimous
Trump should not get praised for not being an impediment to legislation.   He had nothing to do with it.  

Trump should not get praised for not being an impediment to legislation.   He had nothing to do with it.  
The Bill is good. It's pretty standard stuff that is always getting passed but anything that might help stop human trafficking is good. Trump deserves credit for signing it if for no other reason than to highlight how dumb he is and how awful his Presidency is. It's like when you have to praise a child because they ate all their food at lunch. "Good job sweetie! You did so good with that bill- you just signed it and didn't complain once. Nice job, we might have ice cream for dessert since you did so good." 

anti-Trumites don't give Trump ANY credit which is a yuge problem

as I have said, what happens during Trump years is in almost every way his to shoulder - if you don't agree that's fine, none the less that's what history remembers. This is a thread for the silver lining things that happens with Trump - don't read 'em if you don't like 'em
An unsightly boil I have had on my buttocks for three years finally dried up and fell off last year.   

I just wanted to make sure the right guy gets the credit for that

If you all are successful with what you're hoping for here, this will be the only thread in the PSF that isn't polluted with partisans 

;)

I consider it a good thing to have a president that is at odds with the "intelligence community", even if it's for self-serving reasons.  These are historically the most authoritarian, secretive, and insidious institutions in the United States.  I wish a lot more Americans were adversarial to them.  Same for the military brass.  

Others will think I'm 'attacking' the 'press' here, but I think establishment press has really exposed itself the past couple years.  Not just for careless and false reporting, but for the way they've framed issues in opposition to Trump, even if it meant attacking Trump for not being rightwing and militaristic enough.  Their work on North Korea and Syria has been embarrassing.

The media's intense hyper focus on all things Russia- a manufactured fabrication of a crisis- way beyond any kind of logical rhyme or reason, over tons of tangible and consequential damage being wrought on this country and the world, is an abomination.  The way any goon with long-since discredited ideology can parade themselves around as a Trump resister and have their career, speaking engagements and book deals revived instantly.  The decision by executive producers to turn mass media into a 24/7 Trump circus for money has discredited legacy outlets that used to play gatekeeper to journalism.  It's gross, but it's important to see it laid out so plainly.

The new left, which is at least somewhat antiwar, anticorruption and oriented toward populism, has exposed the Democratic establishment.  It really had to happen before any kind of meaningful change could happen in DC.  I don't think we'd be seeing anything like it in a business-as-usual Clinton presidency.  Of all of them, I think I respect Ro Khanna the most. 

Politicians are dropping the civility crap and talking real for once.  Like technicolor coming back to Pleasantville, or the Morton Downey Jr. show.  They're directly engaged with people on social media like never before.  Trump has almost singlehandedly changed discourse and political expression itself, forever.  

These aren't necessarily things that he should receive credit for.  Some of them are a direct result of Trump being comically inept.  But they are interesting developments during an otherwise dark moment in history.  And I don't think we'd be seeing them outside of a Trump presidency.  

this is a good thing

We have to give him credit for not being a completely horrible person?  That's how low we've sunk as a nation?

We have to give him credit for not being a completely horrible person?  That's how low we've sunk as a nation?
I thought Obama and Hillary were horrible ... but I can also give them credit and blame during their years and administration.

I didn't help elect Trump to be liked, I voted him because he talked conservative talk and so far, this nation has one very well with him. His mouth is a problem, always has been, he will never be Presidential. If he continues the next 2 years getting good things done though? He can tweet stupid stuff and keep the media hate going all he wants. I'd rather him not, but if we all keep doing better and that's the trade off so be it I suppose.

I vaguely remember nice guy Jimmy Carter who was very Presidential yet couldn't get anything done right.

Users who are viewing this thread