What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Predict the week one waiver wire darling (1 Viewer)

The Dude

Footballguy
And please let's not ruin the thread with comments like "X has been drafted in every league I am in."

I am really more interested in QB/RB but I think Kendall Wright is going to be a player again this year and might start week 1 with 6 grabs.

For RB, I think Jamaal Williams (GB) might play more than people expect.  Also Wendell Smallwood.  And I think there could be a surprise in Seattle over Lacey and Rawls.

And I don't own any of those guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Week 1 is that  :doh: moment when the player you had on your list but didn't draft because you didn't trust your instinct goes off right away. Usually these are starters whom for some reason few drafted. Smallwood, Robbie Anderson, Ted Ginn, White/Wright, Julius Thomas, Kupp, Rawls come to mind...

And please let's not ruin the thread with comments like "X has been drafted in every league I am in."

I am really more interested in QB/RB but I think Kendall Wright is going to be a player again this year and might start week 1 with 6 grabs.

For RB, I think Jamaal Williams (GB) might play more than people expect.  Also Wendell Smallwood.  And I think there could be a surprise in Seattle over Lacey and Rawls.

And I don't own any of those guys.
I drafted Williams and Smallwood last night so I like the way you think...

Top choice is Paul Richardson. Also thinking Chris Thompson, JJ Nelson or Eli Rogers 

So much of this comes down to opportunity... namely, a guy with (at least some) talent who didn't have it, or it was not expected, and then boom.

Obvious options are RB, but it comes down to who gets injured with an established back and good young backup, who fumbles away an opportunity for a guy who won it out in camp but is not so established... something like that. 

There are 2 ways to look at this. I am looking more at the "names that people know", but have went largely unnoticed this preseason.

I am going with Jordan MatthewsZay Jones may be another.    But in the case of Jordan Matthews, he may be that guy that people see an (out of nowhere) 4 for 80 and a TD line and they go........ "Hey, theres that Jordan Matthews guy again".

Sure many leagues the guy is being drafted, but  from everyone I have talked to, he is being basically ignored for some reason. A noticeable, but non-flashy 4 for 80 and a TD might make everyone try to rush and acquire him.

I know guys are drafting him here and there, but he has basically been left for dead this preseason. (I know he had the injury, but he is supposed to be on track for week 1)

TZM

Rex Burkhead. Actually any Patriots RB not named Gillislee that gets a TD or two. The next week, it'll be one of their other RBs. 

You are all wrong. Matt Brieda. He has out played Williams and is locked into the number two role. We all know Hyde can't stay healthy. Can't remember what website but it puts Hyde at an 87% chance of being injured. Brieda could easily play the Coleman role out the gate for Shannahan with a possibility for more playing time behind an oft injured Hyde. The guy had crazy Sparq scores (like McKinnon except Brieda has played rb his whole life). You heard it here first. Grab him while he is free.

I almost typed in Mack and Richardson - like those as well.

Chances are there are guys in this thread right now that you should pick up prospectively as a lot of rosters have some guy at the end that is junk - for instance Marqise Lee is on a roster in my league as is Flacco and Kenny Stills.

My watch list through-out various Yahoo leagues..

Matt Breida

Aaron Jones

Tarik Cohen

D'Onta Foreman

Buck Allen

Paul Richardson

Kendall Wright

Bruce Ellington

People listed Jordan Matthews, Zay Jones, Wendall Smallwood....and you chose to call out the guy I listed who is owned in 16% of ESPN leagues?
Just wanted to let the world know that I love Kupp and believe he should be rostered in all leagues. Not calling anyone out. I'll try to get out more.

Just wanted to let the world know that I love Kupp and believe he should be rostered in all leagues. Not calling anyone out. I'll try to get out more.
What's worse than one "this guy isn't available" comment? Ten complaining about it. Besides, you're right king. Kupp is the new Jarvis Landry, minus the baggage. Salsa does have a point as well, zones and Smallwood are typically drafted but I've seen Mathews slip through (but he was missing time when I drafted, have 3 more this week.)

Ive taken robbie Anderson with a very late pick, he could have a decent week 1 vs buffalo but I'm not sure anyone would still pick him up because, you know, jets. 

I'll go with Kendall Wright. Cruz was cut, Meredith's gone and Wheaton won't be ready. 
Facing the Falcons, I think they'll be playing from behind and that bodes well for an experienced (if unspectacular) slot receiver. 

He should be popular in PPR league waivers after week 1. 

IF not already drafted, Taylor Gabriel, JAMAAL CHARLES, C. Carson, James Conner - there's a very good chance that Bell's holdout will have him pulling up lame with a hammy or quad or sprain at some point this week or during Sunday's game.you just dont come in off the streets working out on your own and expect to be game ready in a week..we're talking about Bell here, a player who has had problems with injuries in the past. 

Patrick Mahomes. Evan Engram if not drafted

Users who are viewing this thread