What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 Best RUNNING Offensive Lines (1 Viewer)

daylight

Footballguy
What are folks opinions on the Top Five best RUNNING O-Lines in the NFL for Fantasy?

I googled this question and captured the rankings from 4 different articles - but all the articles are "total OL" - including Pass Protection.  I'm looking for best OLs for running in order to use the info/ranking as a "tie breaker" when drafting, choosing starting line ups, WW pick ups, etc.

Below are the ranks from the 4 articles I found:

• PHI, CLE, PIT, TENN, CHI, ATL, OAK
  • OAK, CLE, TENN, DAL, PIT, PHI
  • DAL, TENN, OAK, CLE, WAS, PIT
  • DAL, TENN, OAK, PHI, ATL, WAS
But again, these are rankings based on "total" OL strength.

From Matt Bitonti of Football Guys: 2017 OFFENSIVE LINE RANKINGS AND NOTES: PRESEASON WEEK 4 (Aug 31 2017) , here is an extracted ranking using only the "Run" column, including only those OLs that received an A+ or A

1. DAL - A+
  2. OAK - A+
  3. BUF - A+
  4. CLE - A
  5. PIT - A
  6. WAS - A
  7. TEN - A
How do you guys feel about that ranking/list?

BTW, I think this is the right way to approach it. The best lines will add value to RBs. A few will subtract it (though those are harder to predict and usually as a result of injuries). The vast majority will be neutral. 

So if you think a team has a top OL, bump up their RBs. Otherwise, give it very little weight.

If that's true they must be moth balled for the preseason. Looked pretty rough to me.
Washingtons entire starting 5 return from late year. They also have one of the best OL coaches in Bill Callahan. Everywhere he goes the line gets better. (He was there last year after leaving Dallas the year prior)

They should have drafted or traded for a semi-elite or elite RB to help, instead they're rolling with a good but not special, Fat Rob. :mellow:

BTW, I think this is the right way to approach it. The best lines will add value to RBs. A few will subtract it (though those are harder to predict and usually as a result of injuries). The vast majority will be neutral. 

So if you think a team has a top OL, bump up their RBs. Otherwise, give it very little weight.
Here's an assumption...don't the "experts" take this into account when doing their rankings?

Users who are viewing this thread