What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Destiny 2 Thread (1 Viewer)

Hawks64

Footballguy
Started playing Destiny 1 again to get re-acclimated to the controls and feel of the game, really looking forward to Tues/Wed.

I'll certainly be online as much as possible Wednesday through the weekend.

I'm IndyMark007 on XBL.

Couple hours to go...won't be playing till tomorrow though. Can't do these late nights anymore :bag:

Anyone who gets this at release (or wherever) please post your thoughts. I'm starting to find myself getting more and more interested in this game. 

Really enjoying it so far, some welcome changes :thumbup: Those missions you can do on planet now earn you local reputation. Much easier to get decent gear without the need to grind so far.

Reading a lot of reviews saying it's good but nobody seems to be over the moon about it.

Almost all the reviews talked about it being more improved on the original Destiny. But from what I understand Bungie make some key changes at the release of the Taken King DLC. So, are the improvements comparing post DLC or Vanilla DLC. I ask because I only played the vanilla version. 

Reading a lot of reviews saying it's good but nobody seems to be over the moon about it.

Almost all the reviews talked about it being more improved on the original Destiny. But from what I understand Bungie make some key changes at the release of the Taken King DLC. So, are the improvements comparing post DLC or Vanilla DLC. I ask because I only played the vanilla version. 
Better overall than post DLC

I like it but I'm a multiplayer guy. I'm running through the story as fast as I can to level up. Tried to get in a Crucible game but it wouldn't ever load so now I'm not high enough to keep moving through the story.

Great game so far and multiples better than year 1 of the first game.  Has a much bigger feel to it and the campaign activities are more interesting and diverse.  I only played the taken king sparingly and saw none of the content after that, so can't really make a comparison vs more recent Destiny 1 gameplay.

Welp. Watched a few more reviews and it seems to pretty well received so it's downloading for me now. 

Anyone who wants a PS4 buddy my PSN is: Bordman 

No. Like any sequel, you probably understand things a little bit more clearly but it's not necessary to understand everything right off the hop either. 
So your character continuing from one to the other is cosmetics only? Not a level issue?

So your character continuing from one to the other is cosmetics only? Not a level issue?
I didn't carry over my character. I started a new one. I only played the first one for about 6 months and don't really remember anything about the character.

Extemely early/minor spoiler:

The opening part of the game/story your character loses all their weapons and abilities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really enjoying this game, into what is considered the new grind and it's not very grindy. I think it's because you're getting rewarded for your time with good+ drops regularly. I don't think I got a single exotic drop in D1.

Played through the story. A few things are a bit confusing now looking back on it. I get the main points but there's a few loose ends. It felt more like a mini series than a movie in terms of scope. Like a "This is the bad guys for this season. Come back next season to see who our heroes face next." The scale just didn't seem to be big enough. And I didn't feel like there was enough character development since I didn't really care about anyone at the end. In general it's not bad though. Not great but not bad. 

The gameplay is pretty good though. 

Played through the story. A few things are a bit confusing now looking back on it. I get the main points but there's a few loose ends. It felt more like a mini series than a movie in terms of scope. Like a "This is the bad guys for this season. Come back next season to see who our heroes face next." The scale just didn't seem to be big enough. And I didn't feel like there was enough character development since I didn't really care about anyone at the end. In general it's not bad though. Not great but not bad. 

This is definitely not a story driven game in the typical sense. IMO it's like a mini MMO.

After not playing D1 past the beta way back when, I'm having a blast with this game. I was a little hesitant to buy it at first because I'm a lone wolf style player. But so far, that's not an issue at all as there are randoms around I can team up with to beat bosses or whatever they are during public events.

This is definitely not a story driven game in the typical sense. IMO it's like a mini MMO.
I agree 100%. But I think they also left a lot potential on the table. The base story could've had more elements of uniting or rebuilding the factions. This would've played perfectly into the gameplay style of doing adventures, strikes, etc. Have it like the Witcher or Mass Effect (or whatever game) where you're trying to build an army for the final fight. 

It seems like Destiny (and MMOs) are built for long term players but the story felt like it was unnecessarily rushed. Maybe they plan for some giant expansions though. 

Is it worth a play through for single player gamers?  

After not playing D1 past the beta way back when, I'm having a blast with this game. I was a little hesitant to buy it at first because I'm a lone wolf style player. But so far, that's not an issue at all as there are randoms around I can team up with to beat bosses or whatever they are during public events.
The public events, I think, are pretty well done. I've had to do a few alone and while I didn't complete the mission, I still got some decent drops. 

I've noticed that a few times I've gotten an extra loot box because another player ended up dragging the boss from a different activity over to a public event. Extra help for them and an extra loot box for everyone else. 

Is it worth a play through for single player gamers?  
Not really. Wait awhile for Bungie to release a version with all the DLC. Then it probably will be.

To add to that, I don't play with other people unless it's randoms and I still enjoy it the non story stuff. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems all those public events that pop up have a "Heroic Event" that you can trigger. Here's a Link with a write and videos on how to do this. 

Well I learned that I'm a very distinct disadvantage to have on a raid or strike :X good thing I didn't buy this for my self. I think I'm done even with how much I enjoy it.

@Hawks64, I really enjoyed running Leviathan with you last night.  I got some great experience with the mechanics of the various encounters and expect to be able to beat it soon.

@Hawks64, I really enjoyed running Leviathan with you last night.  I got some great experience with the mechanics of the various encounters and expect to be able to beat it soon.
:hifive: Yeah it was a blast. Hamlet mentioned maybe running today/tonight and tomorrow night. I'd like to keep the momentum going so we can beat it prior to the reset on Tuesday. Now if I could just learn how to jump with my f'ing Titan....

:hifive: Yeah it was a blast. Hamlet mentioned maybe running today/tonight and tomorrow night. I'd like to keep the momentum going so we can beat it prior to the reset on Tuesday. Now if I could just learn how to jump with my f'ing Titan....
I'll keep an eye out for a game posting.  I should be available both nights.

Users who are viewing this thread