What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE George Kittle, SF (2 Viewers)

I have to admit when I read it the other day I thought you were posting breaking news and then scrambled to Twitter to see if I missed something.
Sorry buddy- didn’t mean to cause you any panic 

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the joke. I dunno...unless you dropped Kittle, chalk it up to lesson learned or something like that. 
I hope not. Given how the apps work and easy info is to get, it’s unlikely that could ever happen from a casual remark. Kittle is on a cant cut list in some (most?) leagues as is. Lesson learned on my part though.

I hope not. Given how the apps work and easy info is to get, it’s unlikely that could ever happen from a casual remark. Kittle is on a cant cut list in some (most?) leagues as is. Lesson learned on my part though.
I was thinking about the only way to really get mad about it other than a temporary moment of "Oh ####."

George Kittle (doubtful, knee/ankle) said he feels "fantastic."

Kittle spent the entire week rehabbing on the side field, but the 49ers plan to take his status to game-time. He would need to be upgraded to questionable to have a chance at playing. Kittle is going to miss another game, but he looks on track to return in Week 12.

SOURCE: NBC Sports Bay Area

Nov 16, 2019, 11:11 AM ET

The thing that sucks for me about this is I fully expect Kittle to be out, and they won't change the designation until 2:30 Eastern  Then I can put him in my IR spot  and pick up somebody else.  Except everybody else that I might want to pick up and isn't already on a roster is playing in the 1 PM games.

If there's no way in hell that he's playing, just designate him as Out.  Enough of this Doubtful BS with Kittle and Breida and Gould.

The thing that sucks for me about this is I fully expect Kittle to be out, and they won't change the designation until 2:30 Eastern  Then I can put him in my IR spot  and pick up somebody else.  Except everybody else that I might want to pick up and isn't already on a roster is playing in the 1 PM games.

If there's no way in hell that he's playing, just designate him as Out.  Enough of this Doubtful BS with Kittle and Breida and Gould.
yeah I hate that crap

You can't drop your kicker and then grab another kicker off waivers when Kittle is declared Out?

I have the same problem. It's enough for me to start using time zone as a tie breaker when drafting.  I know every player spends some weeks not playing in a 1pm game,  but injuries to non west coast players are much easier to deal with on average for those of us with a 1pm lockout.

You can't drop your kicker and then grab another kicker off waivers when Kittle is declared Out?
Not a bad idea, except my kicker is Justin Tucker.  I'm all about streaming in the early part of the season and frequently have no kicker during the week, and then have to pick up somebody Sunday morning.  But if I can pick up a guy that's very reliable and on a high scoring offense late in the season, I try to hold onto him for the stretch run.

He’s out, so plan accordingly 
Yes, but unfortunately, he's not OFFICIALLY out, so ESPN still says I can't put him in my IR spot.  Hopefully they get that official before 1 PM, but I'm not expecting that to happen.

If the guy has a 10% chance of playing, then fine, list him as Doubtful.  But if there is no way the guy is playing, list him as Out.

TE George Kittle arrived at Levis Stadium at 8:45 am wearing a "Celek Time" shirt.

- Matt Maiocco via Twitter

George Kittle is on the field. He's going through pre- pre-game warmups with Ross Dwelley, Kyle Juszczyk, Fred Warner, others. Kittle is not expected to play, but it's notable that he's doing a lot more this week than last.

- Matt Barrows via Twitter

George Kittle (knee, ankle) is inactive for Week 11 against the Cardinals.

As expected. Kittle was listed doubtful. Ross Dwelley will get the nod at tight end again this week after playing 92% of the snaps last week and posting a 3-24-0 line on five targets.

Nov 17, 2019, 2:45 PM ET

Fantasy football stats to know from Week 11

Excerpt:

2. George Kittle is averaging 2.96 yards per route run, which would rank best by any tight end this past decade. Mark Andrews’ 2.71 and Darren Waller’s 2.37 would also rank top-10.

Kittle owners have to be disappointed he sat out in Week 12, in what would have been a dream matchup against an Arizona defense that came into the week yielding a league-high 21.4 fantasy points per game to opposing tight ends. However, hopefully the above chart will cheer up Kittle owners (especially dynasty owners). Not only did Kittle come into the week ranking as our highest-graded player (at any position) but he also owns our two best seasons by yards per route run, and joins Rob Gronkowski as the only other tight end with more than one season in the top-12. As sacrilegious as I know this statement seems, Kittle really might be the second coming of Gronkowski.

In 2018, Andrews averaged 2.01 yards per route run, which was the most by any rookie tight end in PFF history (2007-2019). In 2017 (his final year of college), Andrews averaged 2.63 yards per route run, which ranks second-best in PFF college history (2014-2019). So, maybe it shouldn’t be much of a surprise he ranks so highly on this list. As the No. 1 receiver on the league’s most-potent offense, Andrews needs to be viewed as an every-week top-five tight end moving forward.

Similarly, Waller leads all tight ends in receptions (56) and ranks second in yards (666). Finally seeing a full-time role four years removed from his rookie season, the former wide receiver turned tight end seems likely to be an annual TE1 moving forward, and at least a mid-range TE1 for the remainder of the season.

The good thing about Dwelley (for fantasy) is that he's one of those pure receiver/not great blocker guys so you can throw him in there (especially with a depleted WR corps) and have some confidence that they are going to use him in the passing game. Often these backup no name TEs are more of the stiff, inline blocking TE types who can't do anything in the passing game. Dwelley is a pretty nice handcuff right now for Kittle owners. 

I figured hed be out 4 weeks. Im guessing he has an MCL strain and for whatever reason they wont announce it. Thats a 4 week injury

I figured hed be out 4 weeks. Im guessing he has an MCL strain and for whatever reason they wont announce it. Thats a 4 week injury
The injury looked a alot like Juszczyk's (helmet to the knee) which kept him out 4 games. I wouldnt be surprised if Kittle is out until the Saints game. That said, I also wouldn't be surprised if he plays against the Packers this week.

Are Kittle Owners rolling Dwelley against the Packers funnel D for TEs?
I also have Henry on bye so now I have to roster a third TE. Im rolling with Griffin vs OAK unless I think there's a chance Kittle plays. If so then i will keep an eye on Dwelly as an emergency option. 49ers have so many injuries this game could get ugly. 

I also have Henry on bye so now I have to roster a third TE. Im rolling with Griffin vs OAK unless I think there's a chance Kittle plays. If so then i will keep an eye on Dwelly as an emergency option. 49ers have so many injuries this game could get ugly. 
Same here with Henry on a bye. WW is bare (but Dwelley is available), so will probably wait and see if Kittle is declared Out, move him to my IR spot, and pick-up Dwelley.

Rough week as I have 4 players on bye (short 16 player bench), and dealing with Questionable for Lockett and Landry, so that's about all I can do.

Tea leaves are looking like he’s not playing again for sure. 

Dwelly is a great option if you are holding out that he can play.

I still don't understand how he continued to play, and play in dominating fashion, after this injury that game.

So now he’s getting work in practice.  With a SNF game we might have to roll with Dwelley if you want the chance at Kittle being active. 

George Kittle (knee) expects to play in Sunday's Week 12 matchup with Green Bay.

"It went really well," said Kittle of his return to practice Thursday. "Definitely a good step in the right direction and the goal is definitely still Green Bay." Kittle has sat out the last two games with knee and ankle injuries but is tentatively expected back for Week 12. Ross Dwelley has been a worthy streamer throughout Kittle's absence, though obviously he stands to lose much of his value if Kittle suits up Sunday night.

SOURCE: ESPN.com

Nov 22, 2019, 8:21 AM ET

Hate him playing late though. I’m considering playing Hollister at TE and then flexing Kittle once I’m sure he’s a full go.

If you have other options, who are you starting him over? I have Waller and would rather go Kittle, but don’t trust George until I see it on the field 
I can start one of Bo/Guice over him in standard (TE is a flex spot). Kinda leaning towards waiting, especially if no one picks up Mostert. I can also pick up Andrews for MNF. I’d rather play Kittle if he can go. I wish this game didn’t get moved. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread