What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE George Kittle, SF (1 Viewer)

As much as Schefter is in the know, it's still his opinion. For all we know, Kittle will gut it out and still play well. Seems like he did the same thing for much of last year.

Huge game against a divisional opponent. I don't see how he rests unless it's pretty bad.

Doesn't sound like his opinion at all, sounds like someone with the team told him that if there's even a tweak or a twinge, they'll pull him out, and that could very well happen, but they need to get him out there if they can. 

I'd only bench him if I had another good option--Witten's 8 points +/- a TD wouldn't make me bench unless I was an obvious favorite already. 

Honestly I'm playing against someone who owns Kittle, their only 4 pm backup is Everett, and I'm not sure what I'd rather see that owner do as his opponent. 

Doesn't sound like his opinion at all, sounds like someone with the team told him that if there's even a tweak or a twinge, they'll pull him out, and that could very well happen, but they need to get him out there if they can. 

I'd only bench him if I had another good option--Witten's 8 points +/- a TD wouldn't make me bench unless I was an obvious favorite already. 

Honestly I'm playing against someone who owns Kittle, their only 4 pm backup is Everett, and I'm not sure what I'd rather see that owner do as his opponent. 
Is Ricky seals-Jones a good option?

I have Andrews penciled in at TE but in an FFPC was planning on rolling Kittle as a flex. I have a couple other options though. Can't imagine benching him if he plays. The blurb about him possibly not being able to finish pisses me off. Isn't that sort of true of anyone playing through injury? Or is he really that questionable?

George Kittle caught all eight of his targets for 103 yards in the 49ers' 20-7, Week 6 win over the Rams.

Kittle was dominating over the middle of the field and didn't look to be slowed at all by a groin issue that had him questionable. The Niners didn't need much offense, and Kittle's 103 yards led both teams in a game San Francisco's defense dominated after the opening drive. Kittle owners would like to see more touchdowns, but he's still producing at a high-end level. Kittle will be a top-two TE1 play next week against the lowly Redskins.

Last edited by a moderator:
George Kittle (groin) returned to 49ers practice on Thursday.

"They just say that (injury report) to mess with you guys," Kittle said to the assembled media on Thursday. Needless to say, it doesn't sound serious. Kittle is a clear-cut top-two play for Week 7 vs. the Redskins' disappeared defense.

SOURCE: Can Inman on Twitter

Oct 17, 2019, 4:39 PM ET

Only thing hurting him is the 9ers D doing so well so they don’t throw. Games I have seen of theirs he’s open all the time.

George Kittle caught 6-of-8 targets for 79 yards and a touchdown in the 49ers' Week 9 win over the Cardinals.

Kittle owners received quite the fright in the game's opening minutes, where he planted his knee as a blocker and took an inadvertent helmet shot from Chandler Jones. Kittle remained down for several moments before heading to the sideline to try to walk if off. He eventually did, though he appeared hobbled several more times throughout the evening. The issue certainly didn't affect Kittle when the ball was in his hands. He was a man amongst boys on his 30-yard score late in the opening frame, breaking tackles and throwing stiff arms as he thundered to the house à la Rob Gronkowski. Kittle isn't reaching his ceiling quite as often as 2018, but his floor remains elite. Blowups are coming. The Seahawks are on tap for Week 10.

Oct 31, 2019, 11:59 PM ET

Awesome, I think that completes every damn guy on my team getting hurt. He was invisible the entire 4th quarter.  I dont think I've had a week where every player finished a game.

Awesome, I think that completes every damn guy on my team getting hurt. He was invisible the entire 4th quarter.  I dont think I've had a week where every player finished a game.
I suspect it swelled/stiffened up at halftime. 

It was difficult to see him on the sideline when the Niners needed him on that last drive. 

the good news is now they have 10 days to get ready for Seattle. Seems like Kittle can use every one of them. 

Got to think he’s playing on Monday. Let’s get a limited practice in by Friday, George. Don’t make me roster your backup.

I'm in Seattle so he's already gone. He does look decent too (Wilson is that good).
Isn't Ed Dickson back for Seattle this week?

The 49ers are 8-0 and Kittle has been beat up for awhile. I wouldn't be surprised if they rest him.  They had a bye early already (4)

Isn't Ed Dickson back for Seattle this week?

The 49ers are 8-0 and Kittle has been beat up for awhile. I wouldn't be surprised if they rest him.  They had a bye early already (4)
Dickson is close I guess. They are very mysterious about him.

Just really hoping Kittle practices a bit and feel confident he will play but am guessing we won't get concrete info and will need to decide if I want to waste roster spot on his backup. He's been ok when in there.

Users who are viewing this thread